Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/23/2007, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

new toy

well, my grandpa just passed away and i got this nice camera. my first SLR. Its not digital (DOH!) but its still nice. apperently the stash got to a few people before me too, so i wonder what else he had.

my main question is, will these lenses fit on like a Rebel XT or XTi?

pics...

Old 11/23/2007, 07:24 PM
RC Mod

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Yes- those lenses are all EF mount and will work on any Canon dslr. The A2 is a very good camera too. If it's been sitting unused for a while you might want to take it to a shop to have the seals replaced and the camera cleaned up- it's not too expensive and could save you some aggravation.
Old 11/24/2007, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

i will probably take it to a shop here in a couple days. i just went through a roll of film and its in the process of getting developed. i got a picture cd too, so if anything good comes of it (my first time using an SLR) i will post them here.

i know the information is pretty vague about the lenses, but are they any good? i like the macro one a lot so far.
Old 11/24/2007, 05:57 PM
RC Mod

The 28-105 is a very decent walking around lens- good for those times when you can only bring one lens, like on a vacation, party, etc. It's not made anymore but the 28-135IS is said to be nearly identical in terms of optical quality. Good for a consumer grade zoom. The 100-300... that was the first lens I ever bought- the first lens I sold too I didn't care for it.