Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/16/2005, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

to bad it was zoo's only, that is the one thing I didn't have to swap. However I have lots of other things, let me know if you should decide to swap other corals

Also DHL shipping is really cheap and really fast, every package I have ever sent has arrived the next day however I will be sending a package from the east coast to the west coast this week and will let you know how that goes. I might wait until Monday just to see how many days not counting weekends that it takes.

DHL is cheaper than priority mail, UPS and fedex.
Old 03/16/2005, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

But DHL isnt very good with my area where priority is good everywhere. I have had packages sent twice with DHL one was lost a few days and the other was delayed a day. And it wasnt zoas that time either.
Old 03/16/2005, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

Nvm, I've been contacted by both people and everything is rocking and rolling. Sweet!

CritterZ... maybe we can "work something out" if you can send me something from your avatar!
Old 03/17/2005, 12:28 AM
saru mo ki kara ochiru

All frags mounted and accounted for. Ready for next week!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
B.B.
Old 03/17/2005, 09:27 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Hi Mary,

Every package DHL has sent for me has been "lost" for 5 to 7 days and then magicly appears. I've personally had nothing but trouble sending personal or work related items (missing $20k server for 14 days!!!) and they were large items. Maybe sending smaller items with them works better.

I will be doing other things as time goes on, which is why this is the Mass Thermos Swap and not the Mass Zoanthid Swap. I only have zoanthids to swap so I figured it was a good reason to start with them.

Thanks for looking at our thread!

Quote:
Originally posted by mcox33
to bad it was zoo's only, that is the one thing I didn't have to swap. However I have lots of other things, let me know if you should decide to swap other corals

Also DHL shipping is really cheap and really fast, every package I have ever sent has arrived the next day however I will be sending a package from the east coast to the west coast this week and will let you know how that goes. I might wait until Monday just to see how many days not counting weekends that it takes.

DHL is cheaper than priority mail, UPS and fedex.
Old 03/17/2005, 09:32 AM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Talking

This isn't so much aimed at BK as everyone:

Part of my goal was to get people talking and trading with each other. If you would like to trade with someone outside of the swap, feel free to do so! In fact I encourage everyone to trade frags as much as possible. Some day something may happen to one of your best zoanthids, and if you have made friends, you may be able to have someone frag you a chuck of that prized zoanthid that you swapped them and hook you back up.

Quote:
Originally posted by BKtomodachi
Nvm, I've been contacted by both people and everything is rocking and rolling. Sweet!

CritterZ... maybe we can "work something out" if you can send me something from your avatar!
Old 03/17/2005, 09:34 AM
Limestone cowboy

I have only had problems with dhl/airborneexpress. I wont deal with them EVER again. Not even if they would ship free.
Old 03/17/2005, 11:40 AM
Limestone cowboy

Does anybody know where i can get 40 hr heat packs from by monday morn? Doh i only have 20 hr packs, and i dunno if i can get them in time. I may have to bow out. arghhhhhhhh!
By the way to help people out make sure those heat packs are 40 to 60 hr one's (Not 12 hr hand warmers). Its cold up in the midwest, and it doesent look like it will warm up by then.
Old 03/17/2005, 11:43 AM
Premium Member

You don't need to use a heat pack. The thermos will keep the zoo warm enough. Trust me I have had them shipped in the 20 degree weather.
Old 03/17/2005, 11:51 AM
Limestone cowboy

Really?
If thats the case then im in. Cool!
Old 03/17/2005, 11:52 AM
Premium Member

Really, just double bag in the Thermos. If you have a 20 hour you might as well toss it in there. But it isnt needed. Zoo's are tough.
Old 03/17/2005, 11:54 AM
Limestone cowboy

Thanks i appreciate it. I am so not stressing anymore. I had too much coffie.
Old 03/17/2005, 01:36 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Without getting into chemestry "stuff", if you're box is air tight to keep the heat in, eventually the heat packs will burn through the O2 in the oxidation process to produce the heat. 20, 40 or 60 hrs won't matter if there is no O2 in there to produce the heat with. And a box with a hole it in won't keep heat anyways, so the heat packs are in there to give it a little extra "umph" until it arrives. I plan on tossing in and taping mine up just before I mail them out, but that won't stop me from tossing a 40hr in there either....
Old 03/17/2005, 06:05 PM
Reef Nut

I havent been contacted by one of my partners. I emailed yesterday and havent heard from him yet. SHould i be worried?
Old 03/17/2005, 07:26 PM
HMMM........

1 trade all set working on the other now
getting pyched for this..
Old 03/17/2005, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Hello
I haven't received any info on my other zoo buddy...
Is someone emailing everyone with their pairs???
I've hear from one person (they got me)_
but no official word from this swap...
Please help

Dre
Old 03/17/2005, 10:21 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by ronkent
I havent been contacted by one of my partners. I emailed yesterday and havent heard from him yet. SHould i be worried?
I need to know who that person is if I'm going to e-mail them to light a fire under them... =?)
Old 03/17/2005, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

I got email from both partners and moggyhill wanted to ship now. So, one shipped and the other goes out on tuesday. thanks again Troy!
Old 03/17/2005, 10:40 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by dreko
Hello
I haven't received any info on my other zoo buddy...
Is someone emailing everyone with their pairs???
I've hear from one person (they got me)_
but no official word from this swap...
Please help

Dre
Everyone should have received two emails. Obviously, since your partner contacted you, the e-mail I sent to both your partner and to you was good since the address that you sent mail back to me from is the same. So either you erased the two e-mails I sent to you or you're spam filter deleted them. Besides, I just got an e-mail an hour ago from you and I got an e-mail from your trade partner approximately 1 day ago saying that they couldn't contact you and mail was bouncing from your account. After getting that e-mail from her, I sent another e-mail to you again to which you replied about 23 hour later.

And here's a quote from the e-mail from one of your swap partners:

Troy,

I keep getting mail kicked back from my zoo buddy...so far no response to my PM's on RC. Was wondering if you are getting mail kicked back from:

(your info)

Thanks
Aquadiva

So, I don't know what to tell you. BTW, I am the offical word from this swap, so I know you've been contacted several times.

I have forwarded both e-mails I sent you before once again. If you don't get them this time, try calling your tech support to see why you are not getting them. You're the one out of the 39 that's having issues.
Old 03/17/2005, 10:41 PM
Reef Nut

email sent sarduci.
Old 03/17/2005, 10:43 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Hi Corro,

Glad to hear things are working good for you! Please let me know how things turn out for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by corro
I got email from both partners and moggyhill wanted to ship now. So, one shipped and the other goes out on tuesday. thanks again Troy!
Old 03/17/2005, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

sarduci,
I'll check my emails, but like I said only 1 email got thru...
from linda (i've replied to her and you)
it's the other email I'm inquiring about
Thanks
Dre
Old 03/17/2005, 10:45 PM
Registered Member

sarduci,
disregard the above post...
got your resends...
thanks
Old 03/17/2005, 10:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sarduci
Please let me know how things turn out for you.
will post some pics tomorrow or sat
Old 03/17/2005, 10:49 PM
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Quote:
Originally posted by ronkent
email sent sarduci.
Right back at you. We'll have to get together sometime soon and let me have a peek at your tank full of goodies.