Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences

Old 12/30/2007, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Paradisereef.us a scammer

Several of us (as many as 15) have been scammed by this website via his sponsorship on another forum like this one.

He has taken all of our monies and never sent us anything. He stopped posting on there as of December 21st ( 2 days after he got our money) but has visited the forum as his personal profile shows.

He continues to ignore our emails, posts and phone messages to this day December 30th, despite posting on other forums about being open for business the 29th and New Years Day with "lots of frags" to choose from.

Just do yourself a favor and avoid this scammer. We are all making paypal claims against this guy.
Old 12/31/2007, 06:44 AM
Garbologist

Have you reported this to the staff of that board?

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 12/31/2007, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

who should I contact for that?
Old 12/31/2007, 01:11 PM
Garbologist

A moderator or a contact email address for the reefing board.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 12/31/2007, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Have you reported this to the staff of that board
I just realized you said to THAT board. I originally saw it as this board..lol
Yes i did and they are investigating. I just wanted as many people to know about this guy as possible since he has an account here on RC as well.
Old 01/01/2008, 09:49 PM
Where the future begins!

Let me know how it goes because I've been contemplating driving to the other side of Indy to visit his shop for the last few months it's been open.... just havn't found the energy to go all the way over there (even though it's right by Premium and I've been there a bunch).... I may not ever shop there if this really is happening.
Do evil in return."

“Those things that nature denied to human sight, she revealed to the eyes of the soul.”
Old 01/02/2008, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

I can't speak to the internet side of Paradise Reef, but I have been into his shop before and was pleased with the service and livestock received.

Sorry you're not have better luck.
Old 01/02/2008, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

I have been to the shop as well, and always been treated more than than fair.
T
Old 01/02/2008, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

i am interested in this as i was planning a short trip up to indy to go there and to go to premium. as i have a HUGE tank that i am always trying to add stock to. i am only just outside of louisville on the indiana side but wouldnt want to waste time going somewhere that is ripping people off.
Old 01/02/2008, 07:07 PM
A.K.A. colinadam

Update on Nano Reef . Com

Basically there were 3 people (out of 15) who he never shipped anything to and worse of all never communicated with them to let them know of any delays. He jumped on there last night saying the 3 people were going to get paypal refunds and that he did ship them all a frag pack today I guess but had no excuse or reason for the 3 not getting their packs with the other 15.

It was a special frag pack sale as they were a new sponsor and wanted to spread the word about their company, guess the wrong word got spread
Old 01/02/2008, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Full refund and the frag pack to boot? It appears Paradise Reef is trying to make things right.

Tattoo - As I and others have said, the brick and mortar side of Paradise Reef is pretty nice and the selection of corals and inverts was really good the last time I was in there. If you're making a trip to Indy to go to Premium, you should check out Paradise. It's only a mile or two from PA and easy to get to.
Old 01/07/2008, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

FYI- those people never got their frag pack, and only got their refunds because they paid through paypal. The online customers really had a hard time getting even that.

Take a look: Paradise Reef Frag Pack 'Special'

That forum did a great job handling the situation, although they took some heat from some members. It was a bad thing for everybody involved, but at least everyone learned a lesson- TO NOT GIVE THIS GUY ANY MONEY.

He's got horrendous feedback on ebay for never shipping items and not refunding money to people.

This guy apparently has a decent store, if you can drive there. If you want him to ship something to you, forget it. You might as well take a $20 out of your wallet and put a lit match to it.

Or you can just go to the other store and support their business, since they have yet to use an online forum (similar to this one) as a vehicle for a scam.

Just a little friendly advice, Good luck!