Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > North Central Pennsylvania Aquarium Reef Society (NCPARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/10/2007, 11:37 PM
SPS Captial of PA

NCPARS Volunteers NEEDED

Hello members,

NCPARS is looking for volunteers for multiple projects. I will post each job and its duties and requirements. I can then get you in touch with a board member in your area to help you with the project, or the board member in charge of the project.

Grants/Grant research- NCPARS is looking to apply for federal grants for new and existing projects. Individuals interested should have prior grant experience, willing to dig deep for the proper grant, and ability to communicate effectively the outcome, concerns, and input in a positive fashion. Well that is just about everyone.

Nominations Committee- members interested need to form this committee to assist the president(me) with nominations for offices of the board of directors. Members will be in charge of this committee and the president shall just preside over it. At least 2 members are needed for this committee. You will be in charge of the thread, email, and phone in of nominations from members.

Public Relations Committee- Needs to have at least 2 members, the VP of public affairs and will be presided over by the president. Members of this committee will work with the VP on a list of vendors, attaining donations, as well as designate a space for donations to be mailed. No one member of this committee shall at any time possess any donation for any reason without the express permission of the president. This committee will need special instructions.

Webpage Development- Interested persons should have skilled knowledge of webpage design, php, nuke, heck I don't know, but we need someone who can help redesign the webpage and do upkeep on it.

Swap committee- Members who would like to assist in the planning of the spring swap. Scott(barney121), Sanjay, and the predident(me) are already on the committee. There is alot to be done for a GREAT SWAP! MEMBERS NEEDED NOW!!!!!

If you are interested in any of these contact me at rickyfins@hotmail.com

I hope to hear from some willing individuals soon. Just send me your name, phone number if possible(I do alot of phone consults), and what you want to do and I will contact you as soon as possible and get you setup.

Rick

Absorbing information through OSMOSIS.

President of NCPARS
Old 10/12/2007, 09:48 AM
secretary of NCPARS

come on people,we need some good folks to help make this club work a little better.we have some big plans that will take this club to the next level.we do need some ambitious and smart volunteers.

thanks Dan
secretary of NCPARS
Old 10/12/2007, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

One thought, you should email that note to everyone in ncpars as well (I think we've collected email addresses on membership forms), there hasn't been a lot of traffic on here lately.
- Scott
Old 10/12/2007, 01:42 PM
SPS Captial of PA

This is true Scott. I am awaiting the updated list from Mary.

Once we redo the website we should be using it regularly and more than RC.

Thanks alot!

Rick

President of NCPARS
Old 10/14/2007, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Hey ricky! I'm disappointed in you! I could come up with a website. Geeessh
Old 10/14/2007, 06:06 PM
SPS Captial of PA

Well Stacy,

I am involved in many other aspects of NCPARS so I need someone to take initiative to help with that so I and other board members can concentrate on more pressing issues, current events, and ideas that take up the majority of our time as it is.

If you are interested in web development we would be glad to have you on the team!

I hope you consider it as we need help with it.

Rick

President of NCPARS
Old 10/29/2007, 02:25 AM
SPS Captial of PA

Come on guys. Lets get rolling. We want this swap and the club to flourish. Lets work on this now so things can change. I want you guys to make this your club and the way you want it to be.

Even if you are not a member you can help out and give advice on ideas. If you want to help out more, become a member.

Rick

President of NCPARS
Old 10/29/2007, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

I will help if i can rick ill ask dan what i could do and sorry to say this but i didnt know you guys were hiding in here lol man im a goober i been waiting for the ncpars site to add a forum
Old 10/30/2007, 11:33 AM
SPS Captial of PA

I got your email and I will be sending you another shortly about being on the board. I have a few projects for you if you want them. Where exactly are you located? Close to Minersville or Allentown? I am trying to get a bearing so I know who else to hook you up with for projects.

Rick

President of NCPARS
Old 10/30/2007, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

hey guys/gals,

im back in p.a now . Fl was fun but im back and i will help wherever i can
Old 10/30/2007, 02:56 PM
secretary of NCPARS

rick donnie is in wilkes barre area,neighbor of mine.thanks Dan
Old 10/30/2007, 02:57 PM
secretary of NCPARS

bobby ,welcome back.we can use the help.thanks
Old 10/30/2007, 11:05 PM
SPS Captial of PA

Dan you and Don are going to head the donations committee. Thank you in advance. I am sending the email now.

Rick

President of NCPARS