Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/19/2007, 09:54 PM
yes it's my aquarium

power outage here

the whole neighborhood here went dark for about an hour Monday around 9PM. I heard sirens. Power is on now. I don't know how widespread it was. Im guessing it was localized and most of Spencerport was affected.
Old 11/19/2007, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

That reminds me I need to fill the gas can so I can use the generator I bought during the October strom. It probably wouldn't hurt to check out the snowblower too.
Old 11/19/2007, 10:25 PM
Legal Reefer

Thousands of homes and businesses in Greece, Spencerport and Ogden are without power Monday night after a car struck a utility pole on Manitou Road near Peck Road in Greece.

RG&E spokesman Dick Marion tells R News the pole took out three substations creating the widespread power outage affecting about 15,000 customers.

Police tell us no one suffered serious injuries in the accident.

RG&E hopes to backfeed those substations with power from nearby feeds. The utility is currently working to restore power.

R News will keep you updated throughout the night.
Old 11/19/2007, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Yeah mine was out...got a text from a buddy of mine saying he hoped my fish werent dead.....lucky enough my brother was at the house so he checked and all is ok