Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers

Old 01/05/2008, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Large angels with soft coral

Let me ask this question here too. I have mostly soft corals and some LPS. Has anyone had any success keeping some of the larger angels such as Emperator or blue face?

I know there is a risk. I have had much success with dwarf angels such as flame, coral beauty but would love to add a full size angel when I upgrade to a 180.

input appreciated.
Old 01/06/2008, 12:35 PM
Moved On

I'd like to know too. I also wish I were brave enough to try a coral beauty
Old 01/06/2008, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

If you have zo's, they will be eaten, I've had an emperor with leathers and colts, mushrooms with no prolem. Mine picked at my lps as it grew older and turned into an adult. It was fine as a juvenile
Old 01/08/2008, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

I have kept both a Regal and an Emperator in a soft coral tank. Leathers seem fine, but the Regal ate all zoas. After a while they both developed a taste for the clove polyps and they disappeared too. BUT they both loved aiptasia....so the experience was mixed.
Old 01/08/2008, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Large angels with soft coral

For the member who wishes they were brave enough to try a coral beauty.

I have one in my softy tank and he does not touch anything!
Old 01/08/2008, 03:57 PM
Beer King

Re: Large angels with soft coral

Quote:
Originally posted by 75pxatr
For the member who wishes they were brave enough to try a coral beauty.

I have one in my softy tank and he does not touch anything!
Same here my Coral Beauty hasnt bothered a think in my tank & I have a little bit of everything in there. When I first got him he was in my nano which is completely covered in zoas & he didnt pick at them either Ive since moved him to my 180.
Old 01/09/2008, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

I have an emperor right now in my tank, I am going to try lots of softies, LPS, mushrooms, zoos etc with him. I also have a 6 bar in QT and will be getting a blueface and probably a flame. I love angels, they are my favorite, so if they eat the corals, the corals go. I'd love to see what works with them, whatever they don't eat, I'll just get more off. Keep in mind, every fish is different though, some have a taste for certain corals, others don't. Here's a pic of my emperor, I have a feeling he is going to be a coral eater!