Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/02/2004, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Tyler/East Texas Reefers

I'm trying to locate all the Tyler/North East Texas reefers who would be interested in starting a local club or meeting for frag trades. Let's hear from you all.

Kameron
Old 10/03/2004, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Bump. Am I all alone?????????????????????????????????
Old 10/03/2004, 02:38 PM
Got Salt!

Im in south central arkansas..about an hour and a half east of texarkana...but would be inbterested in participating in your club some...we have a club in the area here but were so spread out all over the state and part of northern louisiana as well....
Old 10/03/2004, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the interest. I'll definitely let you know if I can drum up enough folks to start a club. I know there are people in my area, but not sure how many people know about RC. I may have to try to get the LFS to post a sign if I don't get much response here. I know Dallas has a MAS, but would like to see one locally.
Old 10/03/2004, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Smile

Hey there

I'm about an hour away in the Shreveport/Bossier area. Baton Rouge is just a little to far away for me, so I'm unable to participate in the LA Reef Club. Sooo if you guys get something going let me know.

I have 4 different color caps and a tri-color that can be fragged to share anytime. Also I have a couple ballasts (a dual 175 MH and a duel 4' VHO) and some other odds and ends to trade.

Old 10/03/2004, 10:36 PM
Got Salt!

yeah we can always work something up...when I go to meetings up in little rock its a 2 hour drive for me, but we had last months meeting at my home, and I showed off the monroe la lfs...one thing were doing at razorback reef is were apointing officers that live in the far away areas so that meetings can be more local for everyone, im the southern delegate for south Arkansas and northen louisiana, this weekend we had a meeting in the northwest part of the state and hooked up with the SEAs club out of springfield...and can do the same for your new club...do a seach in the member section for people in your area...and its a greaat idea to hit up the LFS's they can really help.....
Old 10/03/2004, 10:38 PM
Got Salt!

Casie

Im about an hour and a half out of shreveport...and have a whole bunch of sps...once my stuff grows out some ill let ya know...have some pics in my gallery mostly ora frags at the moment...
Old 10/03/2004, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

Eureka ... I currently live in Dallas and definitely appreciate the local mas - Marc and the crew do an awesome job, but I am going to be moving to Canton in about 8 mos and would definitely be interested in the club. You might try posting on the dallas mas site as I think many people in East Texas visit that site - dfwmas.com - keep us updated - pls pm me for my email address if you want to start a list. thanks.
Old 10/03/2004, 11:57 PM
TRC Leader

Scuba Dog, we have a club member that is in or near Tyler that I know would appreciate some local hobbyists to help her with her tank. Her name is Cindy on our message board. To access the board, go to the address that Gerard just posted above:

http://www.dfwmas.com

Click on ENTER, then when all the buttons on the left side of the page load, click on the one for our message board (bottom button) to access our forums.
Old 10/04/2004, 03:04 AM
Registered Member

Smile

Hiya Scuba Dog

That sounds fantastic! Just let me know when.

Frag trades are such fun!
Old 10/04/2004, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

I live about an hour east of ScubaDog. I just found out about his club the other day from Dave at the LFS in Monroe.

I'd be interested depending on where/when you'd meet.
Old 10/04/2004, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Lovetoreef-

I am about twenty minutes east of Canton on I-20. My wife and I go to trade days a lot. I'll send a PM.

To everyone else, we almost need to organize a south central regional frag swap a couple of times a year if there is enough interest. Maybe in Shreveport, Texarkana, Jefferson, TX???????
Old 10/04/2004, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Melev-

Thanks for the info about Cindy. I'll try to look her up.

Kameron
Old 10/04/2004, 11:11 AM
Got Salt!

dyazdani

Cool head on over to our website www.razorbackreef.com and signup, last months meeting was in El dorado, this months meeting to place over the weekend in Rogers....here is a thread on our forum showing some pics, i mised out had to work, http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...45#post3546545

its my goal to have some reagonial meetings to cut down on drive time, but next months meeting is november 6th in north little rock....but yes definitly get with me and hopefully within a month or two we can get a core group up.....or at least for now check out each others tank....

melev, Ill look into that if AquariaOCD cant for some reason, I just like checking out others peoples systems, and frag trades are nice, meeting people is nice, geting speakers in, lfs discounts are nice, but the true essence of a reef club is helping eachother out....so yeah when my over time barrage is over with ill look into that closely..
Old 10/04/2004, 11:17 AM
Got Salt!

Casie

yep just let me know what your looking for...I do have two caps one thats all green except the new growth thats white, and a orange cap...so if you have a purple or a green with a purple rim you definitly have a trade on your hands just let me know what you would like....most of my stuff is ORA...i have the green slimer, tort, purple pillow, blue turqoise stag, blue millie, pink scrips milli, green nathons milli, various digitatas, and some others..

I have digitata frags already my maroon clowns keep fraging for me, I had some green millie frags but gave those away at the last club meeting, to stay in touch head on over to out reef central forum razorback reef thats where im usually spend most of my time on line....or at our website where i moderate www.razorbackreef.com
Old 10/04/2004, 11:21 AM
Got Salt!

melev

Last weekend our club got together with springfied mizzus club SEAS. and from all reports had a real blast up in Rogers Arkansas, at one of the best LFS i have ever been to, exotic tropicals those guys have it all fish wise coral wise clam wise eqipment wise, even sold me a 57 gallon clam tank with two sides haveing the 20 degree pane for 150 bucks brand new....
my point is I would definitly ne interested in meeting up with other clubs down the road, if people on my side of your side are williing to travel, im sure I could get a few officers up to a trip to Big D ....just an idea....
Old 10/04/2004, 01:48 PM
TRC Leader

Believe it or not, I didn't understand your last post, Scuba Dog. I even read it twice.

FYI, our club is having our annual Frag Swap in November, so if you guys want to make the trip to participate, you are welcome. It is most likely going to be on the second Wednesday of the month, but as it gets closer we will post the information on our site.
Old 10/04/2004, 01:54 PM
Got Salt!

Sorry grammer never was my strongest subject, point is i think its a good thing to get together with other clubs...if there is the interest....ill definitly look into november on that...
Old 10/04/2004, 04:47 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by lovetoreef
Eureka ... I currently live in Dallas and definitely appreciate the local mas - Marc and the crew do an awesome job, but I am going to be moving to Canton in about 8 mos and would definitely be interested in the club. You might try posting on the dallas mas site as I think many people in East Texas visit that site - dfwmas.com - keep us updated - pls pm me for my email address if you want to start a list. thanks.
How cool, I am moving to Canton the first week of Nov also. Lets plan on getting together when we get set up and settled in. May just have to start a reef club in the area.
You can see my place here
http://community.webshots.com/user/beetlejuiceto
Old 10/06/2004, 11:09 PM
Premium Member

Hi Kameron!

Someone just sent me this link.

How about that? 3 of ya'll moving to Canton. I'm not very far away. I live in Whitehouse which is about 10 miles south of Tyler on hwy 110. I would love to have some people that I could get together with locally in addition to the Dallas folks. I don't even know of anyone else in the area with a tank. the LFS-Pet Land was going to give me a few names that I could call. I just need to remind them. They are great people to work with.

Please keep me informed. I go by Cindy on DFWMAS and beamer here at RC.

I also like going to trade days in CAnton. Just went last Sunday. I went just to walk around and visit with a friend that met me there but I wound up coming home with a couple of Sugar Gliders. They are really cute little critters.

Cindy
Old 10/06/2004, 11:18 PM
Premium Member

Nemo and lovetoreef,

You will enjoy beautiful East Texas and have a lot of fun in Canton. Let us know when you get moved and settled. Maybe I won't be quite so lonesome out here by myself. My hubby gets tired of hearing me talk about my tank. He says its all I talk about any more.

Cindy
Old 10/07/2004, 12:35 AM
Registered Member

Hi Cindy-

Dagmar is great to deal with. I'm about 8 miles west of Lindale. I've got a buddy that keeps a reef, too. That's 3 of us. The way salt water fish fly out of the LFS, there has to be a pretty good SW community in the area. I just hope that there enough of us to organize locally so that we don't have to drive to Dallas (no offense to the Dallas guys, I just hate the traffic). I'll talk to Dagmar next time I am in about maybe her leting me put up a flyer about trying to organize the area reefers and see where it goes.

Kameron
Old 10/07/2004, 02:44 AM
Moved On

Hi You guys and gals, how terrific, there are reefers in the area. I am so happy. If any of you know of a place that I can get a large tank there in the area please let me know, looking for either a 125 or 240 real soon.
We just had the inspection on our new place and all went well. My husband is there in Canton now getting all of the last minute things done.
I am sure looking forward to the first of the month, we are flea market nuts and hubby has been to that one several times. But I have allot of animals and dont leave the farm much so dont go with him.
Will be seeing you all real soon. Lets start a reef club in the area. Will be great to meet you all
Karen
Old 10/07/2004, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Karen,

I think you'll love Canton! The only tank supplier is the LFS and they are pretty pricey. On a big tank, I would probably have it shipped in if you are in a hurry, or you can usually find some pretty good deals on used tanks if you are willing to drive to Dallas. I'll add you to my list of people to cantact if I can get something going as far as a club. I'll be looking forward to having you in the extended East Texas neighborhood. If I can be of any help to ya'll, please let me know. I'll PM you with my email address.

Kameron
Old 10/07/2004, 01:47 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

I'm in longview and I've been trying to find others around this area also, Dallas is too far for me