Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/23/2006, 07:24 AM
Premium Member

purchase from Creepereefer

Hey all:
I recently purchased a pair of crosshatch triggers from creepereefer, and overall had a good transaction.
First things first, the quality of fish was spectacular. Healthy, fat, immediately eating. They were just slightly larger than suggested, which in most cases is good, so this was certainly not a detraction. But overall, I would definitely have faith in the quality of his fish.
The package was quite professionally packaged in a large box, large bags (fish were in several layers of bags for safety), and plenty of padding to prevent the bags from rolling around. Styrofoam box in cardboard, and he told me the fish were packed in oxygen. Very professional.
The only concern I had was with the communications. Creepereefer is apparently a VERY busy man. He's got newborn children, breeds a lot of fish, has a full time job, and apparently has quite a bit on his plate. As a result his communications are sometimes a concern. For example, he, at one point, confused me and my email address for another, and requested more money after I had already sent him some. This of course sent up a barrage of red flags, and I immediately became concerned I was defrauded. In Creepereefer's defense, he did immediately admit he made the mistake, and all was good with us, but doubt is still doubt. Also, because of this confusion, I was not able to get the fish shipped to me on the date we had agreed upon. All these matter did seriously concern me, but the outcome was certainly good.
If dealing in a transaction with creepereefr, I would strongly suggest you stay on top of him regarding communication. He will gladly give out his email, cell number, and home number. Use them to make sure you are good with him. He will do you right if you do this.
Old 06/23/2006, 10:17 AM
Moved On

Thanks again panda. I do not think communications was a issue at all seeing that we talked nearly every day via email or phone. About the money request I expressed to you that someone may have hacked your paypal because of the emails I kept getting about moneyI also was concerned about passing along my paypal info for the 2nd time. Once I realized that it was a honest mistake things where taken care of and the shipping was off by one day.
Old 06/23/2006, 10:43 AM
Premium Member

Creepereefer,
I certainly hope you did not take offense to my comment. I did not intend to infer you were a bad communicator. I only intended to state that I feel eveything might have gone worse had we NOT been in communication everyday or so. There seemed to be quite a bit of confusion and misinformation in our transaction (all of which we resolved), even though we did communicate frequently.
If I did offend or misrepresent my opinion, I apologize. As I stated, you were very open with all contacts with me, and certainly did not seem to be dodging or avoiding me. I only hoped to suggest that buyers make sure they stay in good communication with you throughout the course of transaction to avoid such problems.
Old 06/23/2006, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

creepreefr I left you a message on your cell, can we square away to recieve on tues? I am so excited to get a pair of these too. Thanks Jeremy for the feedback. I also agree that Dale is a stand up guy and has been super friendly and patient on the phone
Old 06/23/2006, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Moved on?....pretty weak Mods. Pretty weak.
Old 06/24/2006, 05:35 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by smeese
Moved on?....pretty weak Mods. Pretty weak.
It had nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, which I had not even seen until now. Much more history than you have any clue of.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."