Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/04/2005, 08:09 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

NEGATIVE Feedback for miller

I was selling my 260w Orbit Lights for $200+shipping. miller says he will buy them for $180 shipped. I am loosing about $40 on this, but I need the money so I sell them. After it has been "sold" (but not paid for), he tells me he needs to get payment from his "in-laws". So I wait.

And I wait.

And I wait.

On Thanksgiving, I send a PM. I told him that its been almost 2 months and he hasn't paid yet. Whats the deal?

He read the PM, but never replied.

So here I am, 2 months later. He never paid me and is ignoring my PMs. And here I am needing to sell these lights before Christmas.

Moral of the story: Don't buy from miller
Old 12/04/2005, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

this has been blown way out of proportion.i was buying this light for my in laws and they decided not to get it. i made a simple mistake when i thought i had gotten back to him and i must not have. i may be mistaken but i also dont beleive this has been over a 2 moth period.

"He never paid me and is ignoring my PMs"

i didnt respond to ONE message so dont make it look as if you repeatedly tried to contact me and i ignored you.

im not sure why i am being bashed like this over a simple mistake, i stive for perfection but must have fallen short on this effort. im not sure what this has to do with someone buying something from me since i was the buyer in this situation not you
Old 12/04/2005, 10:38 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
im very sorry i thought for sure i had gotten back with you on this but i guess i didi not, my inlaws baked out on this so i wont need it after all
Quote:
something so stupid that could have been resolved by a simple mesage saying hey its been a while
Isn't that what I did on Thanksgiving?

The quotes are from PMs, by the way.
Old 12/04/2005, 10:40 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally posted by miller
im not sure why i am being bashed like this over a simple mistake,
Because it took you two months to finally tell me that your inlaws didn't want the light.
Old 12/04/2005, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

yes thats what you did on thaks giving and like i said i after icheck with them and they backed out i thought i told you but odviusly i made a mistake but an an apology and admitting i was wrong and made an error dosent seem to be good enough foir you. you still seem to want to make a big deal of this but im done. i have done all i can i apologozed and admitted my error
Old 12/04/2005, 10:46 PM
Premium Member

Am I crazy,are are you "xtrstangx" saying he was going to buy lights from you, then your saying DON"T BUY FROM MILLER?

You never shipped the lights so you have lost nothing. SELL TO SOME ONE ELSE. Why did you wait and beg this guy to buy your lights when all this time you could of been finding another buyer.

Remember 1st to paypal gets it. No holding and you'll be better off.
Old 12/04/2005, 10:47 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Sorry if you misunderstood me "blowing this out of proportion". I was just trying to find an answer to why I was still waiting for payment after 2 months. I'm done arguing too. People who will buy/sell from you can read this post in the future and make what they will of it. I admit to it partially being my error that I didn't PM you enough, though.
Old 12/04/2005, 10:49 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally posted by clown2be
Am I crazy,are are you "xtrstangx" saying he was going to buy lights from you, then your saying DON"T BUY FROM MILLER?
I made a typing error, so what?

You never shipped the lights so you have lost nothing. SELL TO SOME ONE ELSE. Why did you wait and beg this guy to buy your lights when all this time you could of been finding another buyer.
Something about being nice and let him wait to get the money?