Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/11/2005, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

Fish recommendations...

It's time to start adding fish into my 120 gallon..... It will be a reef set-up and I'm curious as to what kind of fish people prefer for that size tank and in what order to introduce them??

Fish that I definitely will have:
gold-striped maroon
powder blue tang
my hubby would like a blue regal tang
some gobies
some blennies

the rest is optional.....

Any suggestions? I here some people say there are strict ways/orders to introduce fish into a tank but others say it's a hit and miss.... What do you think?
Old 09/11/2005, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

get a pair of gsm. love the ywg and yasha hase goby. don't even have to say my favorite blenny do i? i also like small kole tangs. might be too much bioload with stuff u r getting.
Old 09/11/2005, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Add in this order, blenny (make sure if you get more than one that they're different colors or if one is a herbavore and one is a meat eater), regal tang, powder blue, maroon.

Instead of a goby, I'd suggest a different fish, some gobys get along with blennys, but not all. If I was you I'd either pick, blenny or goby. I've had gobys and blennys and I actulley got my second blenny today, a lawnmower and he has the most personality out of all of my fish. So I'd suggest you go with a blenny. Instead of the gobys I'd say get a fairywrasse or anthias.
Old 09/11/2005, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

I too say you should get a pair of gsm, i have a pair and they are a lot of fun to watch, they play in my xenia, and chase my olceris around!! besides they are very pretty.