Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/10/2005, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

Question Livestock online

Where do you guys get your livestock besides retail stores. Im talking about online... is saltwaterfish.com or liveaquaria.com any good? let me know if you know better places to shop online

-Vince
Old 09/10/2005, 01:56 AM
Who's your Daddy

I happen to like liveaquaria, because of their 14 day Arrive Alive, Stay Alive guarantee...

Its hard to find an online vendor or LFS that is willing to make that kind of commitment.
Old 09/10/2005, 07:40 AM
Premium Member

Liveaquaria is the only online vendor I've ordered thru, but so far I have no reason to go elsewhere. Service is good and the quality of livestock and shipping materials has been top notch. Give em a try...think you will be impressed.
Old 09/10/2005, 09:17 AM
Premium Member

Liveaquaria
Premium Aquatics

I have had great sucess with both. They both also have really good customer service.
Old 09/10/2005, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies. So saltwaterfish.com is a nono? Im just getting info for a friend that wants to order online. It looks like im going with liveAquaria since you guys have had good luck.
Old 09/10/2005, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

I had great luck at saltwaterfish.com, fast responses, great quality livestock, and is usually cheaper then live aquaria. And you get free shipping if its over $79.
Old 09/10/2005, 02:47 PM
Who's your Daddy

how about that 14 day Arrive Alive, Stay Alive guarantee from liveaquaria
Old 09/10/2005, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

We have used Saltwaterfish.com once and everything arrived great. Once they packaged our order it was here in less than 24 hours. The only thing was that with livestock orders you HAD to order $79+. I ended up adding a Midas Blenny and Mandarain Dragonet and I'm super glad I did. They are gorgeous and very healthy. I'm not sure about PremiumAquatics.com when it comes to shipping because they are an hour from my home so we just go get what we need. They have great livestock and dry goods!! They are also quite affordable (without shipping). I don't know how they are on the shipping costs. Sorry.

Anyway, good luck and happy reefing!!
Old 09/10/2005, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

lol that is true GovtCheese, but with all the fish I've ever had, if they died, they died within 2 days, so I didn't really mind the 6 day guarntee (or whatever it was) on saltwaterfish.com. ALSO, if you order many time on saltwaterfish.com they give you an option to add a free fish/coral/invertebrae to your order. I know someone who ordered about 7 times and one of the free options was a puffer and he got it for free!
Old 09/10/2005, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

well i have orrdered through reefermadness.us, saltwaterfish.com, themarinecenter, and atlantisaquarium are really good as well