Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 02/09/2007, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

thumbs up to mufflerguy

Received my lords yesterday, everything came in looking great & packaged well.
The colors & sizes are great & better than the pictures!!!!!!
Old 02/11/2007, 04:22 PM
RC Sponsor

Location: Fringes of the REEF and cultural desert Arkansas, USA
I also have had many dealings with him.... Very honest guy, generous and even has a fun personality

A+++
Old 02/11/2007, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

thanks again guys, I think I am starting to miss all the stuff I sent ya!!!
How about some pics, Stacie?
Old 02/24/2007, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

A+ buyer. Prompt payment and easy transaction. Thanks again.
Old 03/05/2007, 12:12 PM
moved here

Huge thumbs down. This is the guy that was selling knock-off Pink Lemonade frags as the real deal on ebay.

When called on it and asked for money back, he's ignored emails.

Other people bought these from him as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:EF:US:11
Old 03/05/2007, 12:41 PM
moved here

The day I got the shipment I wrote and told him it was a fake he replied by saying:
"the PL is the real deal, I do not understand how you can say it's fake? If you ask ming (Atlantis Aquarium), he will tell you i got the original PL from him"

Two months later he's selling it on RC as "very similar to pink lemonade" http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=972927 and won't acknowledge that he clearly lied or offer any money back.
Old 03/05/2007, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

I did not ignore you , I sent back e-mails,..
You also told me the PM was fake, which is also a lie.
I am not going to argue with you, you think you are a know it all, & anything I say is BS,
Obviously you are in the wrong, I have sold corals to 40 other people, & everyone has been happy, check my feedback here & on e-bay.

Last edited by mufflerguy; 03/05/2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03/05/2007, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

One more thing, the reason I put that in the second post on RC, is because I was nervous it may have been a mistake on Mings behalf, so I wanted to cover myself.
You forgot to say you told me the PM was fake as well, why dont you talk about that one as well?
Afraid you made a mistake on that one too, or did the frag speak to you & tell you it was real?
Maybe your tank conditions are so bad you cant keep the coloration up .....
Bottom line is, in dealing with the public, you always end up running into someone like yourself who can never be happy, the proof is in my feedback from every other person who has ever gotten stuff from me.
Good luck to the next guy who sells you something, he will need it....
Old 03/05/2007, 06:29 PM
moved here

You sell it now as "very similar to pink lemonoade" and *not* the real deal.
Answer why you said it was in the first place!!!

The email you wouldn't reply to was the one asking for some money back for selling me a fake. I didn't ask for this until you started selling it as "very similar to pink lemonade".

That's clearly dishonest. "If you ask ming, he will tell you i got the original PL from him"

I don't know if the pm was fake too but I wouldn't be surprised considering... Buyers beware!
Old 03/05/2007, 06:39 PM
moved here

Quote:
Originally posted by mufflerguy
One more thing, the reason I put that in the second post on RC, is because I was nervous it may have been a mistake on Mings behalf, so I wanted to cover myself.
Ahhh... So you don't know if it was a real one or not.

Then WHY THE HELL DID YOU SAY YOU WERE 100% SURE IT WAS???

Its right here in your ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ADME:B:EF:US:11... "Pink Lemonade acro 1".. bought from Atlantis".

That is called a lie and is dishonest. Least you could is say you may have been wrong. Then at least it wouldn't look intentional. You're making yourself look pretty bad by avoiding the original question.
Old 03/05/2007, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT IT IS THE REAL DEAL, ARE YOU CALLING MING AT ATLANTIS A LIAR????
You went ballistic on me telling me it was a fake, along with the Purple Monster I sent you, & I actually asked Ming the next day to double check, & he told me he sent a pink lemonade.
I believe him, not you, but in the slim chance Ming made a mistake , I posted it that way.
I did this only because you were such a jerk to me, & you placed a small amount of doubt in my mind, even though I retraced the origin through Ming & found your opinion to be wrong.
I stated the facts to you in public now, as I did in a bunch of e-mails when you contacted me.
I even took more pics & sent them to you when you questioned it. I responded to ALL your e-mails ( another lie of yours)
I am done arguing with you, I am not going to continue to stoop to your level & **** & moan about this.
Old 03/05/2007, 08:58 PM
RC Sponsor

Location: Fringes of the REEF and cultural desert Arkansas, USA
I know nothing of this deal... BUT I have had extensive dealings with Matt and he is 100% honest... I believe that if he listed something as Pink Lemonade then he was told or believed that was... Simple as that...

From there it appears as something that the two of you should have worked out in PM and emails... I bet that if you had not taken such an aggressive stance with him he would have easily followed through for you... LOL Matt is not hurting for the $$$
Well there is my 2 cents

Thumbs up to Mufflerguy!
Old 03/05/2007, 10:07 PM
moved here

Quote:
Originally posted by mufflerguy
I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT IT IS THE REAL DEAL, ARE YOU CALLING MING AT ATLANTIS A LIAR???
YOU SAID YOU WERE 100% SURE IT WAS

Not "under the impression".. 100% sure! I asked you before I bought it and those were your *exact* words.

Ming Wei may have made a mistake? ROFL!! Guy knows rare corals better then I do.. better then just about anyone in the hobby.. Those two colonies aren't even close.. He wouldn't have made that mistake.

I live near Atlantis and know him.. He has both and so do I. He knows the difference and so do I. Its a business for me as well. The fact it wasn't the LE (not even close) was obvious to me.

The PM not so sure but considering the source I still question it.

Doc- Hostile? I don't think so. Would you be happy if you were told upfront before buying something that the seller was 100% sure it was genuine only to get it and find out that wasn't the truth and that it was a fake? Would you be happy if it was a lot of money on top of that? How about if months later, you see a thread with the guy selling the coral as a knock-off and no longer the real thing.. clearly showing he didn't know the difference?? You're right about one thing.. and that is that it should've been worked out a long time ago but I gave him the chance. It wasn't until he stopped returning messages that I posted this.

It's plain and simple.. he didn't know 100% for sure and shouldn't have said he did or advertised it as such. I could care less at this point as long as everyone knows.. BEWARE OF SELLER.

Last edited by mikeo1210; 03/05/2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03/07/2007, 10:21 AM
Garbologist

Take your squabble outside, guys. Mikeo, in the future if you have a problem with someone please start your own thread instead of taking over an existing one.

Closed

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."