Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/01/2006, 11:12 PM
Premium Member

xboxhacker - item not as advertised

purchased a 4x65 light set, was suppose to include 2 3 month old 10k daylight bulbs. Got the fixture no bulbs, they claimed they shipped the bulbs seperate the next day. been a week and still no bulbs, has not responded to pm's for the past 4 or 5 days now.
Old 03/06/2006, 10:20 PM
Premium Member

btw was suppose to include 2 10k bulbs and 2 actinic 03's, I forgot to mention the actinics in the original post.

still no response from him, will not return emails/pm's.. although has been active on the forums.. I would avoid dealing with this person, he took my money, don't let em get yours!
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Metal Halide 2 x 250 Watt HQI Pendants
Typhoon III
Old 03/06/2006, 10:39 PM
Registered Member

AS I SAID IN LAST PM. MAIL UNIT BACK TO ME WITH TRACKING #. I WILL GLADLY REFUND YOUR MONEY.
Old 03/06/2006, 10:41 PM
Premium Member

Refund half the money I paid since you never sent me the bulbs.. why have you not sent them out? why did you say you did send them out?
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 03/06/2006, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

WHY WOULD I SEND THE PC FIXTURE AND NOT SEND OUT THE OLD BULBS THAT I WENT TO THE TROUBLE TO WRAP SEPERATLEY. IF YOU ARE SO CONVINCED I RIPPED YOU OFF, WHY DONT YOU TAKE ME UP ON MY OFFER OF A REFUND? I SENT THE UNIT I SENT THE BULBS.
Old 03/06/2006, 10:42 PM
Premium Member

and why would I or anyone even consider sending an item back to someone until they have refunded the money?
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 03/06/2006, 10:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xboxhacker
WHY WOULD I SEND THE PC FIXTURE AND NOT SEND OUT THE OLD BULBS THAT I WENT TO THE TROUBLE TO WRAP SEPERATLEY. IF YOU ARE SO CONVINCED I RIPPED YOU OFF, WHY DONT YOU TAKE ME UP ON MY OFFER OF A REFUND? I SENT THE UNIT I SENT THE BULBS.
Okay, then where is the tracking number you said you left at work and have never given me 1.5 weeks later, why did you not answer any pms or emails for 1.5 weeks.. you only replied once I informed you I contacted the police and filed a report in your local town.

WHERE IS THE TRACKING NUMBER if you sent them out, you gave me thr tracking number the next day for the fixture.. you were very responsive then, I get the fixture with no bulbs and you suddenly ignore me once I start asking where the bulbs are after your excuse of the tracking number is at work..
Old 03/07/2006, 12:13 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by xboxhacker

Okay, then where is the tracking number you said you left at work and have never given me 1.5 weeks later, why did you not answer any pms or emails for 1.5 weeks.. you only replied once I informed you I contacted the police and filed a report in your local town.

WHERE IS THE TRACKING NUMBER if you sent them out, you gave me thr tracking number the next day for the fixture.. you were very responsive then, I get the fixture with no bulbs and you suddenly ignore me once I start asking where the bulbs are after your excuse of the tracking number is at work..

I will gladly take that refund.. refund me my money and I will mail the fixture back to you.. why would I send the fixture out first.. you did not send it out first when I purchased from you.. look at my ebay rating, I am a trustworthy/honest person

Why would I have bought these bulbs just tonight on ebay if I got the bulbs you were suppose to send

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Item=7748867886

look at my http://www.heatware.com feedback, also all positive. doox00

Quote:
New Post 03/06/2006 11:17 PM
killerwhale0217

xboxhacker- I personally think you should refund him at least the 50.00 plus the (paypal fees for receiving the funds on the refund) he had to pay for new bulbs since you didnt send them with the fixture he bought from you. Come on be responsible for your actions. Once a bad seed always a bad seed.

thanks killerwhale, he did send me the fixture, just not the bulbs, I would be semi satisifed with even a 30-40 dollar refund to help cover the cost I had to pay for the replacement bulbs, was lucky enough to get a deal on those bubls on ebay (dunno how the quality is though). Been watching that auction for a few days now

Quote:
New Post 03/06/2006 11:27 PM
killerwhale0217

I agree since he said it came with 3 month old bulbs. I thik he just kept them for backups since he just spent possibly 80.00 on new ones. yeah 50.00 is a good deal. hopefully they are good quality...... at least give him back what he's asking for. this could ruin your reputation on here anf no body want to deal with you (xboxhacker) again. I sure will avoid any trades or buying from you.
Quote:
xboxhacker just pm'd me this..

DELETED
my response...

Ok, thats fantastic you spent all that time packaging up the bulbs, but I never received them. You cannot/will not provide me a tracking number after asking about a dozen times now, you ignored me for a week and a half. If you did in fact send them out then give me the tracking number and we can contact the shipper and put a trace on the package, I am to assume you never sent them out since you will not give me a tracking number and was ignoring me for all this time.

If you really want to resolve this issue then please give me a call XXX.XXX.XXXX, you can call me now if you like. Once this is resolved I will make it publicly known on the boards you were cooperative and things are fine now.

Look, I am a person on the other side here.. put yourself in my place.. how would you feel?

______

his next response

DELETED

my response

I did not consider your what kind of game are you playing a response after I mentioned I called the police (which I did btw). You told me you left the tracking number at work for the bulbs.. now you tell me there is no tracking number? I am sorry, but you are lying to me, either then or now, or both. If you really want to make this right, refund me 30 dollars of what I paid you to help cover the cost of the bulbs I had to purchase. XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX is my paypal email address. Like I said, give me a call on my cel, it would be appreciated.

I will not ship the fixture back to you unless you give a full refund (plus shipping charges back) before hand.

Last edited by smiller; 03/07/2006 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03/07/2006, 05:50 AM
Garbologist

PMs are just that....PRIVATE messages. Please refrain from posting them in a thread.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 03/07/2006, 09:15 AM
Premium Member

nice to see this board supports thieves
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 03/07/2006, 11:47 AM
Premium Member

last comment was uncalled for, just very irritating to me how the evil are protected.
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 03/07/2006, 11:52 AM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

doox00 -

We have no way of know who is telling the truth. For all we know, it could be you that's being dishonest. (I'm not accusing you of anything, just supporting our position.) We don't know. We really can't know because we weren't part of the dialog. Because of that we can't "take a side." We will, as Steve demonstrated, evenly apply the rules on our board.

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 03/07/2006, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

I understand this, thats why i posted the dialog between him and I, he is clearing lying about the sending them out, 1.5 weeks ago he claims he left the tracking number at work for the bulbs.. now last night he said there is no tracking number because it was sent usps.. odd isn't it? The proof is in the pm's, very simple
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 03/07/2006, 12:04 PM
Premium Member

I posted the pm's hoping he would feel ashamed of himself and either send the advertised bulbs out or refund my money, since there is nothing left that I can do at this point.
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III