Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/25/2007, 06:19 PM
Reefer

Neptune AquaController Jr. acjr

I have the Black AC jr with Blue Backlight for sale. It comes with the Power Cord, X10 Power Module & Cord, 4 x10 modules (two 2 prong & 2 three prong), New Temperature Probe, PH Probe. I also have the instructions printed out from the website. (Kitty kitty not included.

Two notes:

1. The ph probe is about 1 year old. It is properly stored in solution. I took it out and tested it and it worked, but I recommend a new one, as their life expectancy is approximately 1 year.

2. One of the X10 modules has a burn mark on the back from salt creep, but it works fine:

$165.00 plus shipping.

Thanks!
Joyce

Last edited by Macimage; 11/25/2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11/25/2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

I want it!
Old 11/25/2007, 07:30 PM
Reefer

All pm's replied.

Thanks!
Joyce
Old 11/25/2007, 11:00 PM
Premium Member

you have mail
Old 11/27/2007, 10:52 AM
Reefer

Available again. Poster that stated they wanted it didn't make payment.

Joyce
Old 11/27/2007, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

does this have a serial port? What grade PH probe?
Old 11/27/2007, 11:36 AM
Reefer

I don't think it has a serial port, as I don't see any extra inputs. The ph probe is the one that comes standard from Neptune.

Thanks!
Joyce
Old 11/29/2007, 02:45 AM
Registered Member

I tried to send pm but said it was full I would like to purchase this just let me know how to send money thanks, Rod
Old 11/29/2007, 10:53 AM
Reefer

Hi Rod,

I'll empty it now and will email you my contact information. If you are in the USA, the shipping & insurance will be $11.99.

Joyce
Old 12/02/2007, 02:08 PM
Reefer

ttt
Old 01/04/2008, 10:28 PM
Reefer

Ok, I am seeing a trend with the few items I've listed for sale. It seems that posters jump into a post stating that they will purchase an item so that they are "first" in line. Then they decide to check their bank account and find they don't have any money or they email and offer 1/2 of the selling price after stating they will take an item.

I will not hold this again for anyone. The first $175 sent from a Paypal confirmed address will have this shipped out via Priority mail. This is for shipping anywhere in the USA and includes insurance. My Paypal address is joyce@studiodirectcosmetics.com

Of course, if I receive two or more payments, the extra ones will be fully refunded using the Paypal refund button.

Thanks for understanding!!
Joyce
Old 01/05/2008, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

First in line for the kitty!
Old 01/05/2008, 09:49 AM
Premium Member

First in line for the kitty!
Old 01/05/2008, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Sent PM
Old 01/05/2008, 12:50 PM
Reefer

Thank you to 45commando for the fast payment!

Kitty kitty is actually a sick kitty I found at 3 weeks old that the pound was going to put to sleep when I took him to them so they could heal him and get him adopted to a nice family. He's a keeper.

Joyce
Old 01/05/2008, 03:13 PM
Premium Member

Awesome! I have three rescue kitties and a rescue Doberman here.

And of course a few rescue fishies!
Old 01/05/2008, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

I have 3 rescue Birds 2 macaws and a cockatoo
Old 01/05/2008, 05:43 PM
Reefer

We have a Moluccan Cockatoo that we rejected because the buyer's didn't want him because he was born with his tail crooked. One of our horses was a rescue. My husband took the skinniest one (300 lbs. underweight from being starved) that had mange so bad that he was missing 3/4 of his coat. Our two terrior mix dogs are from the pound and we brought them both home the day before they were going to be put to sleep.

We also rescued two PMU colts from Canada that were being fattened up on the feed lot for sale for horse meat overseas. We transported them to Calif., got them vet care and a few months training. Then we gave them to a nice family in Utah that has lots of time for them and 23 acres for them to run around with other horses.

I just can't understand why some go to pet stores and pay so much $$$ for dogs, cat, birds, etc. when there are great animals that need good homes.

Joyce

Last edited by Macimage; 01/05/2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01/06/2008, 10:39 AM
Premium Member

Joyce the pet store thing is a slippery slope. I mean the puppy mills will never go away and these babies need homes too. It truly sucks that people are the way they are.

My wife had several Premarin foals she saved and they are now fully adopted to wonderful homes and doing great. Even the rescue organization here was a little creepy so she got out after a few babies. Too bad.

We do our little part to help who we can.

Good luck with the AC Jr. Sorry I hijacked the thread!
Old 01/06/2008, 11:57 AM
Reefer

Hi Ray,

No problem with the hijack. The AC is sold, paid for and shipping out on Monday.

I'm enjoying chatting about critters. Yes, I see what you mean about the slippery slope with the pet store. They do have their place, but was really referring to the general public that pay lots of $$$ to purchase an dog or cat for their kids say and don't even realize that they could get an animal from the pound or a rescue group. Even in terms of buying a purebred expensive dog or cat, I'd think a reputable breeder would be the way to go if you can't find a rescue group.

I'm originally from MA, but we moved to Calif. when I was 13. I don't miss winter!

That's neat that your wife rescued the pmu foals. We did not get involved with any of the pmu rescue groups locally, as I don't like that they are making money from the plight of these animals. There is a horse rancher/breeder in Canada (http://www.pmuhorseplacement.citymak...ge/1209769.htm) that drives to the local feed lots/auctions and takes photos and posts them. He and his wife arrange all the transportation. The horse transport company brought down the longest stock horse trailer I've ever seen filled with them to drop our two off. Our yearling colts were totally wild and their hoofs were 8" long.

Nice chatting with everyone!
Joyce

Last edited by Macimage; 01/06/2008 at 12:03 PM.