Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/14/2004, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

NEGATIVE feedback for Summers

Summers has been offering Maxijet 1200's. He had indicated that these were NEW units that came with ALL of the accessories. Well I purchased two of them.

The units were new, but they did NOT include all of the accessories. I have repeatedly sent emails and PM's to him but he has not responded.

It's not even that big of a deal to me that they didn't come. I am just wasting my time trying to reach him. I would rather he fess up and just admit that the units never had all the accessories.
Old 03/15/2004, 12:15 AM
Mac User!

In response and my own defense. Banzai has sent 2 emails over the past 3 days. I have been in and out of town on official business dealing with computers. I have conducted over 52 transactions via trade or sale here on RC, and this is only the second issue that I have had and the first complaint. I get a flaming post from him telling me that I am indignant and how he is glad that I have been banned (although I clearly have not been) because I was unable to respond to his 2 emails. I apologized for the mix-up and for the "pieces" that he is missing and I acknowledged that the venturi pieces he is speaking of were not in the packages that I received; therefore I did not have them. But I did agree to get the pieces for him and send them to him. Only question is if it is not that "big of a deal" why is this thread even here?
Old 03/15/2004, 08:24 AM
Moved On

I have had done a lot with summers, he is a good guy and always comes through for me. Sorry banzai you had a bad exp with him, I am positive he will make it up to you espically on $20 worth of pumps.

Scott
Old 03/15/2004, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Summers,

If you would like I can post the 2 PM's I sent to you. I had never flamed you. I never resorted to name calling, as opposed to you. I was simply asking a question as to why the parts that were supposed to come with the product did not arrive? There are a number of accessories that come with the MJ 1200 and I received none of them. If in fact they were not with the original package, why send it out? Wouldn't it be more prudent at least to notify your customer of the missing parts and ask for a course of action?

I had mentioned that it was not a big deal, but I did want the parts. I assumed that since I paid for something, I should get it. I had noticed that you were on the boards, and you would have seen my messages. I was expecting at least some sort of acknowledgement. I believe that this would have been good customer service.

Anyhow, I'm sure others have had good experiences. I am merely relaying my experience and letting other people judge for themselves.

Hopefully the rest of my equipment will arrive in full, and we can wash our hands of this.
Old 03/15/2004, 11:17 AM
Mac User!

Quote:
banzai75x wrote on 03/15/2004 10:57 AM:
Wow, that was a great response to what I thought was a more respectful email. I never in fact flamed you said anything negative in my previous emails. I was only indicating that I had not received all the items as previously stated in our prior conversations. A mere message of acknowledgement would have sufficed. It seems like the only time I was able to elicit a response to you was when I sent this last PM. You humiliate and degrade yourself by lowering to the level of name calling. Thanks for sending out the parts, and I'll see you on the boards.

Quote:
SUMMERS wrote on 03/14/2004 09:01 PM:
Quote:
banzai75x wrote on 03/14/2004 11:32 PM:
Your lack of response indicates that you are ignoring me. It's unfortunate that you are not able to even respond with some sort of dignity and professional behavior that should be required when conducting business.

I'm glad the moderators have banned you.
I apologize for not responding to your emails earlier. I have been back and forth out of town on business. I am not ignoring you, and I think I have been very professional in everything that I have done including letting you know once I obtained more pumps and mailing the pumps out as soon as possible. It is absurd for you to say that I am indignant because I was unable to respond to your email, do to my real job. How much dignity do you have sending emails like this? I thought you would have enough respect and professionalism to allow someone that has answered your every email, time to respond to these two flaming messages. I will get the pieces that you need and mail them to you. If you do not get them tomorrow don’t send me an email about my "humiliating" or "degrading" treatment of you. And furthermore I have not been banned. I was asked not to post "commercial" threads. Next time read. A$$hole.

Have a great day.

Larry
Quote:
SUMMERS wrote on 03/15/2004 11:07 AM:
It is possible that you still have not read my message. I was out of town on business. You did not elicit anything. I run 4 servers in my home all of which run 24 hours a day. So seeing that I am online does not constitute me being at the computer or able to respond to messages. If as far as respectful emails I guess telling another member you’re happy that they were banned is being respectful? And no I am not lower to any level I am simply reciprocating the disdain that you offered while being impatient and impartial to the time of others.

If I am given packages that contain the parts that I sent to you how am I to know that something else belongs. I said in my previous email that I gave you everything that I was given. But once again you failed to read what the message said and choose to read into what you think it says.

Once again have a great day and happy reefing.

Larry

Yes I did call him an A$$hole for the way he went about dealing with this issue, and for that I apologize to the boards and to the other members here. I just feel that if you send a message or email to someone, they should be allowed ample time to respond to that message. And I thought that common courtesy would be to wait for that person’s response. I could be wrong.

Once again I apologize to all those offended by my actions or this thread.

Larry
Old 03/15/2004, 11:19 AM
Mac User!

For what it is worth. Mr. Trinh (Banzai) has been refunded $15. For his suffering.
Old 03/22/2004, 07:14 PM
Charlotte Area Realtor

I have bought 4 Powerheads and 2 skimmers of Larry and he has even called me personally to check to see how things were and to give a newbie some advice. Larry AKA Summers is a stand up guy and I do not believe anything was on purpose. I just want to say is I would do Bus. with Larry 100x over with no worries whatsoever.

Baz

Realtor