Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/20/2004, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Ambivalent feedback for Isseym328

Well, I purchased a maxima clam from Isseym328. It took over a month to finally get together for the buy, partly my fault, partly his. Price was high for the clam but I agreed to it so that's on me.

What I didn't appreciate was the fact that he sold me damaged goods and didn't/wouldn't acknowledge it when I emailed him. It was quite apparent after bringing the clam back to my office and upon closer examination, that the clam had been attached to something prior to being handed to me. The foot was shredded (something I could not tell through the plastic bag the clam was given to me in) and when I emailed him about it, I never got a reply (whereas before the sale, he always replied promptly).

So far, the clam looks like it's pulling through but I was really unhappy and worried for the last two weeks hoping the rough handling didn't kill the clam.
Old 01/21/2004, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

I know how you feel as I was in the same boat like you and it was very frustrated (believe me) that it took so long for me to get my corals.

I ended up pickup the corals from this Seller while I am on vacation with my family in California since this is the only way that I can get my corals quick and I am trying to be a nice guy to avoid further problem with this Seller, eventhough, I have paid him the shipping cost via M/O.

He told me that he over spent my money on the Christmas and in order for him to refund my shipping money that I have to wait until his pay-day or after Christmas.

Again, I am trying to be a nice guy so I said that I will pickup the corals from him in CA while I am there for a vacation with my family.

I pickup the corals from the Seller the day after I have arrived in CA. The reason that I did this because I really don't want anymore problem with this Seller at the last minute before I go back to Maryland with an empty handed. Luckily, a fellow reefer in CA let me put my corals in his tank until I return to Maryland.

So far, all the corals look good and well so I guess this is all matter to me but I feel that I shouldn't have to go through like this when I have paid the Seller in-full on-time like what he wanted.
Old 03/24/2004, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Hmm I just read this feedback on me right now. I think as most of you know I did not live at home during that time and I did tell everyone that i am only available on certain days. So it did take a long time for me to meet up/get in touch with people.

clsung - the clam was on the sand so i am not sure why thefoot was shredded. I had both my gold and black/blue on the sand. When I took the pic for you i moved it up to the rocks so i can take a better pic. The clam has been in my tank for more than a year before I sold it to you.

ng - Yeah it didtake a long time for us to meet up and i apologize. I guessishouldn't have been selling stuff if i didn't have enough time. I'm glad the corals are doing well though.