Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Minnesota Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/24/2007, 07:50 PM
sweeeet!!

Does Santa Claus come to us first??

Because we live so close to him??

It's amazing how my son and I have adapted to this "new" weather. The girls in the house are adapting to, but prefer the warmer side of the window!! Elijah and I LOVE to go sledding in 5 degree weather. We were out today and the ONLY ones on the hill!! He cried the whole way home cuz he didn't want to leave. Pictures soon to follow!!!

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 01/08/2008, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

Hey, I drove through there 2 weeks ago... interesting area.

How did you get a job at Arctic cat anyway?
Old 01/08/2008, 11:31 PM
sweeeet!!

Quote:
by Swanwillow
Hey, I drove through there 2 weeks ago... interesting area.
You should have said something and stopped in. I would have shown you my system!! Any time anyone is in town, let me know. PM me if you want my phone number.

Quote:
by Swanwillow
How did you get a job at Arctic cat anyway?
The million dollar question. Honestly. Have you ever seen me?? I'm hot!! Good looking!! Stunningly gorgeous!!

But seriously. Monster.com I have 14 years experience designing plastics for use in the automotive industry. I have a Styling background which helped too.

Old 01/09/2008, 07:38 AM
Registered Member

you ever deal with ROX in rapids here. Arctic Cat gives him sleds every year. I have a sled that was built by him a few years ago.
Old 01/09/2008, 10:05 AM
sweeeet!!

I don't know what ROX is. Does he race?? Or is he a dealership?? I've met a few of the race team guys, not to mention the ones on staff here.

MN Reef Crazy, are you ever interested in attending any of our club meetings?? I just recently saw your name and added you to my buddy list. Any pics of your system, it sound nice?!!? Any issues with your Schuran CR?? Have heard good and bad.

Old 01/09/2008, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

it was WAY to late at night, and I still had to go to crookston from grygla, with a half dozen parrots in my car.

no time to stop
Old 01/09/2008, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

i will make a post of some pics for you. Shuran, i dont know it is alright i guess. I have a hard time to keep my ph from dropping to low so i have to supplement calcium and dkh anyways. I am going to get a deltec kalk reactor soon i just havent made the splurge yet. I think than it would work great.

I might be able to come to a meeting, i just really never got into the whole club gig, i just usually read on here. but, it would be fun thing to do i am sure.

Rox is just a guy that builds performance parts for sleds.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:11 PM
sweeeet!!

Quote:
by MN. Reef crzy
i will make a post of some pics for you. Shuran, i dont know it is alright i guess. I have a hard time to keep my ph from dropping to low so i have to supplement calcium and dkh anyways. I am going to get a deltec kalk reactor soon i just havent made the splurge yet. I think than it would work great.
Be careful of Deltec pumps. Lots of bad press going around about lack of parts and stuff like that. Look at the Deltec forum and see if it applies to your Kalk Rx. Personally, I am staying my distance until they get the whole thing worked out.

Quote:
by MN. Reef crzy
I might be able to come to a meeting, i just really never got into the whole club gig, i just usually read on here. but, it would be fun thing to do i am sure.
It's fun. I like to meet people and talk. I love to talk!! ha ha ha... Good food and good friends who enjoy the same things as you.

Quote:
by MN. Reef crzy
Rox is just a guy that builds performance parts for sleds.
I'll ask about him. I know we get a lot of our performance sled stuff from Speedwerx.

Old 01/09/2008, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

i know every one complains of the aquabee. My protein skimmer apf 600 has same thing. Any time i have ever needed anything for it they have instantly helped me, i staned behind this company 100 percent. Worst case scenario i end up with a eheim one day instead. The cast acrylic work on deltec products are strong and durable. I can be a little ruff with it and not worry about it breaking.