Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/02/2005, 11:25 PM
Standpipe Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
Rich, I'm SURE you can find some good tunes! Want to see more from you soon.
I got a tune picked out and started the video production. It's a tank room tour mixed with some livestock. I have a Digital SLR for stills, nothing for taking video. Borrowed my fathers Fuji FinePix F700 taking movie images at 640x480.. not bad. Could use better lighting. But he forgot to include the recharger cable. So video production is on hold until I get that.

Visit My Chunk of the Ocean, click the Red House above.
Old 11/02/2005, 11:28 PM
Standpipe Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by LobsterOfJustice
Here is a video of JBNY's tank. I dont know where i got it from, but I downloaded it as soon as I had it and have had it on my desktop for a while now. This is one of my favorite tanks!

http://www.youtube.com/?v=lFV-wbrye-Q
Sweet tank!

Old 11/03/2005, 12:08 AM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Here is a video of JBNY's tank. I dont know where i got it from, but I downloaded it as soon as I had it and have had it on my desktop for a while now. This is one of my favorite tanks!

You know, if I got rid of 10 more fish, I could have a tank like that. Actually if I just removed the three hippos, I think it would work. I hate to remove them, but at the same time they are really more of a problem than a benefit.
Old 11/03/2005, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:

Not sure what's happening with the link but when I get to the website to get the video, I'm getting an error message for the page....I updated the "macromedia flash" codec but still get errors with the page... Could you check on this pls..???

Bob
Old 11/04/2005, 05:50 AM
Premium Member

Everyone go on hiatus or something..??

Bob
Old 11/04/2005, 07:10 AM
1/2 century and counting

Bob,

Am very busy lately. Might be getting a BTA this weekend. Expect videos in a few weeks
Old 11/04/2005, 08:19 PM
Premium Member

Here's a 1-minute video of my 20g nano reef. It's best to right-click the link then choose "Save Target As..." since the video is 22MB and doesn't stream well at all. It's not fancy, but enjoy anyways!

http://www.nova.edu/~giro/video/110405-video1.mpg
Old 11/04/2005, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by K9
Here's a 1-minute video of my 20g nano reef. It's best to right-click the link then choose "Save Target As..." since the video is 22MB and doesn't stream well at all. It's not fancy, but enjoy anyways!

http://www.nova.edu/~giro/video/110405-video1.mpg
Nice video K9 .. Very clean everything looks very healthy.... Looks like the lawnmower blenny wanted to take a bite off the hermit....lol

Bob
Old 11/04/2005, 09:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Beverly
Bob,

Am very busy lately. Might be getting a BTA this weekend. Expect videos in a few weeks
Got ya Bev.... Hey ... will the next one be "in-focus"..??

Bob
Old 11/05/2005, 10:54 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishman805
Nice video K9 .. Very clean everything looks very healthy.... Looks like the lawnmower blenny wanted to take a bite off the hermit....lol

Bob
Thanks Bob! Yeah, he looks like an aggressive little bugger, but the only thing he attacks with vigor are his algae sheets that I strap to that piece of live rock with a rubberband. Sometimes, when I first put the rock back in there with a fresh sheet, he goes on a "feeding frenzy" and bites everything in sight trying to scrape algae off of it.
Old 11/05/2005, 11:25 AM
Standpipe Guy

I've completed my Reef Room Tour video. Please right-click and select Save-As to run the video local to your machine.

http://www.rl180reef.com/180/pages/published/movies/Reef_Room_Tour.wmv

Old 11/05/2005, 05:46 PM
1/2 century and counting

K9,

Your video streams nicely if you let it load, then play it again. Sweet tank

Rick,

What a setup! Well put together video

Bob,

Okay, found a tune I couldn't resist making a video from. Called "The World is Not Enough", 640 x 480 pixels, 41.6 MB, 3:53 minutes....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-notenough.wmv
Old 11/05/2005, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by original-reefland
I've completed my Reef Room Tour video. Please right-click and select Save-As to run the video local to your machine.

http://www.rl180reef.com/180/pages/published/movies/Reef_Room_Tour.wmv
"PERFECTIONIST" is the first and only word that I could think of after watching your video.... You've got one of the "cleanest" setups that I've seen.... It's no wonder that you've got a healthy tank ..

Thanks for sharing the video....

Bob
Old 11/05/2005, 06:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
K9,

Bob,

Okay, found a tune I couldn't resist making a video from. Called "The World is Not Enough", 640 x 480 pixels, 41.6 MB, 3:53 minutes....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-notenough.wmv

Great video Bev... I'm glad that you could not resist putting one up here ... But I just "HAVE" to ask you something..... Just "what exactly" is your fasination with snails...??? I mean they dominate your videos... I'm not critisizing, but, you just seem obsessed with them.... ( )...

Bob
Old 11/05/2005, 07:25 PM
1/2 century and counting

Quote:
Great video Bev... I'm glad that you could not resist putting one up here ... But I just "HAVE" to ask you something..... Just "what exactly" is your fasination with snails...??? I mean they dominate your videos... I'm not critisizing, but, you just seem obsessed with them.... ( )...
Thanks, Bob

Why do I have so many snails in my videos? Here are a few reasons....

- keep my tanks understocked with fish which helps control nuisance algae. The fish that I do have are pretty much scared of the camera Well, except for the clowns, but they just mostly hang around in a cave

- snails are everywhere in my tanks. They are most likely to be out "doing something" while my fish and other inverts are hanging out somewhere beyond camera range.

- I've begun to really appreciate all the places snails go.

- I like the way they interact with each other.

- I like the stories I can tell with them using various music.

That's about it. Would like to do a Police "Roxanne" with snails, but haven't quite figured out how to shoot them
Old 11/05/2005, 07:53 PM
forever newbie

K-9 Nice video. Your tank looks very crisp and clean.
original-reefland Perfectionist is an understatement. I am drooling.
Bev You did it again. You know I love your snails, almost as much as my hermit loves mine.
Old 11/06/2005, 12:57 AM
Proud father!

Made a video tour of my 140 gallon tank and basement fish room:
Here
Old 11/06/2005, 04:04 AM
TRC Leader

Tyler, great video. Thanks for the tour. Having a basement sure is ideal. You mentioned the ballvalve to your Sequence 1000 being closed 40%, but it looked 100% closed to me.
Old 11/06/2005, 06:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tgunn
Made a video tour of my 140 gallon tank and basement fish room:
Here

WOW.... ... Very nice tgunn.... I can definately see the research that you put into your system.... I wish that I had a basement too .. It sure would have made things "cleaner" for me.... That's a huge skimmer for a 140gal... mines a baby compared to yours.... I got a little confused looking at the return you've got on the 1000.. Looks 100% closed to me as well.... But all that aside, you've got one heck of a setup

Well done

Bob
Old 11/06/2005, 06:53 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Thanks, Bob

Why do I have so many snails in my videos? Here are a few reasons....

- keep my tanks understocked with fish which helps control nuisance algae. The fish that I do have are pretty much scared of the camera Well, except for the clowns, but they just mostly hang around in a cave

- snails are everywhere in my tanks. They are most likely to be out "doing something" while my fish and other inverts are hanging out somewhere beyond camera range.

- I've begun to really appreciate all the places snails go.

- I like the way they interact with each other.

- I like the stories I can tell with them using various music.

That's about it. Would like to do a Police "Roxanne" with snails, but haven't quite figured out how to shoot them
Thanks for clarifying that for me Bev.... I do enjoy your videos...

Bob
Old 11/06/2005, 01:52 PM
Reef Mania

Here is a video from today, about a minute long. (16mb)

http://rjwilson41.com/docs/aquarium/...s/20051106.mov

24g Aquapod
MJ 900
Standard Pump
Standard 72w PC Lighting
Old 11/06/2005, 03:45 PM
Proud father!

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Tyler, great video. Thanks for the tour. Having a basement sure is ideal. You mentioned the ballvalve to your Sequence 1000 being closed 40%, but it looked 100% closed to me.
No problem. Having the basement is definitely helpful. I still need to finish the rest of the basement though. Fish room came first.

Oops. Yeah, there's a bit of an optical illustion. The 100% closed ball valve is the branch that was suppsoed to go to the skimmer; it's the cut pipe in the shot. The other one is directly behind the 100% closed one.

Tyler
Old 11/06/2005, 04:05 PM
Proud father!

Quote:
WOW.... ... Very nice tgunn.... I can definately see the research that you put into your system.... I wish that I had a basement too .. It sure would have made things "cleaner" for me.... That's a huge skimmer for a 140gal... mines a baby compared to yours.... I got a little confused looking at the return you've got on the 1000.. Looks 100% closed to me as well.... But all that aside, you've got one heck of a setup
Well done

Bob
Thanks Bob! Yes, there was a lot of research; some mistakes made, some things worked perfectly. I love having the space in the basement for all this stuff. I almost am running out of space as it is though. Who'd had thought..

Yes, the skimmer is definitely oversized; but it was on sale at the LFS for the same price as a smaller one; I couldn't pass that up!! Besides, I have a roughly 600 square foot room on the other side of the basement that will eventually be made into a rec-room with my home theater setup; and that would be a really nice spot for an even bigger tank!

Heh, okay, here's a better shot of the ball valves:

The one pointing to the left with the cut pipe was for the skimmer; didn't work out well. Good outlet for a chiller or frag tank.

The one going to the right is the return line. It's really awkward to access because as I was twisting in the pipe stub with the valve the cement solidified as it was in the spot it is; kinda too late to fix at that point.

Tyler
Old 11/06/2005, 04:23 PM
TRC Leader

That makes more sense. And yep, that is in an ugly spot.
Old 11/06/2005, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my lionfish video, but I'll give it a shot!

Lionfish with bad manners

It gets funny right after I stick my finger in the tank.

(P.S. If anyone can recommend a free video editor for cutting and splicing that doesn't leave watermarks, pleeeeease let me know. Thanks a bunch!)

Enjoy!