Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/13/2004, 07:17 AM
REEFAHOLIC!

bump321,
I don't know what the light blue box is, it didn't show up on mine. I dropped two of them off at my LFS to see if the manager would put them up and I also got two of them put up at Petco.
Old 10/13/2004, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

I sent in an email to see about getting our own forum going, but have not received a reply yet.
Old 10/13/2004, 09:04 AM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by bump321
Hello F.nemo
I sent you a pm.
We live in longview abought 1 1/2 h. drive from you. Like you we live out of town a bit. We have 7+ acres with a 7 acre lake. We let the neighbor use the land for his cows. How many mini horses do you have? How small are the sheep? I havent seen any mini sheep before. I bet they are cute to.
Welcome to E. Texas!
Bump
Morning Bump I have one stallion(black and white) and two little mares, all are older now and dont settle any longer but they all three live together and have there fun, If you know what I mean.
I have a herd of 12 mini sheep, they are about 24" at the shoulders. I would love to bring them with me but not sure yet as the place we bought is only barb wire fenced and it wont hold them, So just not sure yet, you can see pics of my horses and sheep on my web page, click the three red W's
Old 10/13/2004, 09:18 PM
Premium Member

bump, your really on the ball. Go Girl Go!!!
Old 10/13/2004, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

I have a copy of the flyer and I will submit it for posting in the Tx A&M Corpus Christi University Center and in the two science classroom buildings.
Old 10/13/2004, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

All-

Still haven't received and answer from RC on a forum of our own. I'll re-email tomorrow. I'll try to hit the Tyler LFS tomorrow afternoon and get flyers up there as well.

Kameron
Old 10/14/2004, 07:34 AM
REEFAHOLIC!

jeepguy553,
That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that, I live on campus in the married student housing at LeTourneau University. I'll try to put up a couple flyers here.
Old 10/15/2004, 12:04 AM
Registered Member

OK guys - fliers dropped off at Petland in Tyler. No word from RC yet on the forum.
Old 10/15/2004, 10:29 AM
Registered Member.

Thanks Cindy
Hi all i havent made it to La. yet had a high school football game yesterday. We won ! 40 to 12 if i can get away today and make the trip over if not it will be the first part of next week.
My son is going to ck on putting one on LeTourneau campus. I put 1 out at AutoZone wednesday.
Old 10/15/2004, 10:34 AM
Registered Member.

Hi japheth
let me know if you get thoses flyers up at LeTourneau so i wont put them there to.
Bump
Old 10/15/2004, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

OK guys. Reef Central will give us our own forum. We will need a few things. First, a name that we can all agree on. A url for our website, which will have to wait. And email addresses of the people who want to be notified of new posts to the forum.

Any suggestions other than East Texas Reefers?

Those who would like to be on the new post notification list, please PM me with your emails and I'll get them turned in.

Kameron
Old 10/15/2004, 10:55 AM
Registered Member.

The name you came up with sounds good to me & i want to be on the list so i will pm you. Great job!
Old 10/15/2004, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

The name sounds good to me also, but before making a final decision we could have fun maybe coming up with an acronmyn that would be suitable.

Just a thought,such as: and I'm sure there are those of you out there a lot better at this than I am.)

ETRUS ( I must have recently watched the movie E.T.)
E East
T TX
R Reef
U United
S Society

or
NE-TAC
N New
E East
T Tx
A Aquarium
C Club

or:

NET-RC This one made me think of a fish net and being associated with RC.
N New
E East
T TX
R Reef
C Club

and I still like :
ETR (short and sweet)
E East
T TX
R Reefers

Anyone else have any creative thoughts?

Cindy
Old 10/15/2004, 02:07 PM
TRC Leader

I like ETRs myself.
Old 10/15/2004, 08:51 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

Quote:
Originally posted by bump321
Hi japheth
let me know if you get thoses flyers up at LeTourneau so i wont put them there to.
Bump
I emailed the flyer to the secretary in student affairs and am waiting to hear back from her, anything that gets posted has to have their approval/stamp so as soon as I hear back I'll post it.
Old 10/15/2004, 11:19 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

Quote:
Originally posted by AquariaOCD
OK guys. Reef Central will give us our own forum. We will need a few things. First, a name that we can all agree on. A url for our website, which will have to wait. And email addresses of the people who want to be notified of new posts to the forum.

Any suggestions other than East Texas Reefers?

Those who would like to be on the new post notification list, please PM me with your emails and I'll get them turned in.

Kameron
Do we have anyone so far that knows how to code HTML?
I don't know any of the fancy java stuff or "mouseovers" . . .stuff like that but I can build a working web site pretty easily.
Anyone interested in working on one?
Old 10/16/2004, 11:01 PM
Registered Member.

Hello everybody

Japheth my son says if someone can get the design of the web page thing to look like we want it to that he can help with that ( HTML ) Thing.

Aquaria
I was talking to my brother charsters tonight about this club and the name he came up with is

ArkLaTx REEFERS

It might get more responce from the other two states as well as Tx

Last edited by bump321; 10/16/2004 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10/16/2004, 11:31 PM
Premium Member

This is cool I want in. Bump let me no about this .I live in doyline out side of S'port La
Old 10/17/2004, 08:28 PM
Registered Member.

Greetings,
My name is JD Smith and I am bump's son. I can assist you all in your endeavor in a number of ways. 1) I'm 99% sure I can provide full site hosting for you free of charge; web space, forums, etc. 2) I am fairly competent when it comes to java. I know a bit of both php and asp. If you all can come up with a basic starting design and an idea on the features and information that you would like to offer I can assist in getting you all setup and running. It would take a little while due to 50 hour work weeks and needing some time with the wife and kid, but I'm sure I can get something going for ya. My email is jdsmith@letu.edu an dmy aim is jdsmith2816; get back with me or let bump know and she can contact me.

Cordially,
JD Smith
Old 10/18/2004, 12:54 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

Hey JD, maybe we could get together to work on something, I live about 40 feet away from you
Old 10/18/2004, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Japheth
I emailed the flyer to the secretary in student affairs and am waiting to hear back from her, anything that gets posted has to have their approval/stamp so as soon as I hear back I'll post it.
Same here and it could take a while with the way bureaucracy moves. If it is free subscription opportunity to Latina or Cosmopolitan magazine, it is immediately approved. If you are trying to do something with scientific or educational merit, it has to "wait its turn..."
Old 10/18/2004, 01:04 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

just got emailed back from the secretary of student affairs, . . .

Japheth,
I will print 5 of these out, stamp them and have one of our workers post them.
Old 10/18/2004, 04:06 PM
Registered Member.

Good news here to. I got all the flyers out at the LFS today but one. 3 out of 4s not bad , but i left a flyer with my brother & he will get it up at the last fish store. His wife is going to see abought getting one up at LSU & Cetinary Collage. One of the Fish stores said he would host us on his web site. I will let everyone know when he get it up & post the web site.
Bump
Old 10/18/2004, 05:09 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

I just got back from Wet Pets and Critters and I talked with Laura (the owner) and she said that she could arrange for us to meet there sometimes and she could try to get manufacturers/speakers to come in and meet with us. She said maybe tuesday or Thursday nights once a month. I told her I'd keep her updated on our status.
Old 10/19/2004, 11:53 PM
Registered Member.

Hi japheth thats great news.

Aquaria hows things going, any emails yet? how many of us are there. What else can we do to get this going ?

Bump