Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 12/17/2006, 08:19 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
funny thing is.. he just posted a question in the DIY forum on how to mod the thing.. check it out...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...59#post8769259

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 12/17/2006, 08:30 PM
Premium Member

skairik you are on target.
I once posted on an RV site about smokers throwing their butts on the ground and leaving them. Along with a photo of a huge pile of cigarette butts I picked up from my campsite. two pages into the thread I was the bad guy for complaining about the poor smokers.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Old 12/17/2006, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bebo77
funny thing is.. he just posted a question in the DIY forum on how to mod the thing.. check it out...

Ha, now that is an interesting read....

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Old 12/17/2006, 08:46 PM
20 & Over Club

Quote:
Originally posted by gtrestoration
There are at least a few here that have the ability to help you out and make the repairs
Bergovoy, Steve's offered to help you out here, I'd take him up on it.
Old 12/17/2006, 08:50 PM
Moved On

retired?

ACtually, I am not quite 50 yet myself. so I get to look forward to growing old gracefully, just like you.

I am not sure what your point is.

I can fix the fixture. the point is that someone sold me something as NEW and in PERFECT condition.

That is not the case.

I believe he intended to re-wire the fixture to a HO T5 or something else, (according to some of his earlier messages), but it looks like he was overhis head.

I believe he cut the wires to the connectors thinking he was going to 'hardwire the new Blue Wave ballast to the fixture.

But when he did that, I think he got the wirign screwed up, then went to test it out on the Odyssea ballast, he ended up getting shocked, and arcing the ballast.

Why else would he feel the need to test a brand new fixture??

Why else would a ballast blow upon startup? Why else would there be two wires cut right at the connector? Why else would he open the fixture up on the end that requires a screwwdriver, when the other end has a thumbscrew? (Becasue that end can only get at the bulbs, (which he claims is the reason he went in there to begin with? (He saw a loose bulAnd then when he was in there, he saw loose wires, (even though he already tested the fixture out and all bulbs fired???

AGain, the only reason I opened the fixture was to figure out which connector went to the HQI and to the fan and the T5.

Tehre were no markings on the outside of hte fixture, there were no response to my thread, so, the only other way was to trace the wires physically from the connector to the bulb ends...

IT seems that some people here read into the drama, as it being one sided.

This is the sterotypical reason vitims of crimes do not report them. Bottom line, perpetrators count on that

So, read what you will, believe what you want, lord knows I do the same to you.

And for those that either know me, or will get to know me, other then for some drama, that I share, and that I have heard, I have and always will be extremely fair ... to a fault. I will not make a final judgment until either asked to or until I feel it completely played out.

They also know there isnt anythign I wouldnt do for them if they needed or asked.

I gave BM the benefit of the doubt, even suggesting he got the fixture in that condition, but when he admitted forgetting to tell me... than not willing to do anythign about it, then I made my decision to have him either take the junk back, or offerme a partial refund, either in money or equipment, as he makes DIY skimmers and other items.

And as I stated int he first sentance of this thread, I have a choice to just accept what is done to me or to resist, I choose to resist.

You get to make that choice when drama hits you, and for your sake, I hope drama never hits you or anyone you know...

Good luck

bill B.

Quote:
I'm not sure what your point is. There are at least a few here that have the ability to help you out and make the repairs but might be a little leary.

Are you really retired? I'm 50 and pretty set in my ways but I hope this isn't a look into my future.

SteveU
Old 12/17/2006, 09:00 PM
Moved On

between me the seller

Certainly it is between me and him.

I have broken off conversation as his mesasges were only in defense of his actions, and what I should expect for buying something for a forum like this.

I bring it to this forum because I would like to believe that this forum and the majority of the reefers here would take exception to his views.

And if they dont, like a couple of posters seem to have, and to your response of wanting to see no evil hear no evil, then maybe I have again thought too much about what to expect from a support forum.

It is either who you know or your are on your own, fend for yourself.

This is not much different then the cliques in high school.

Attempts to help others that you dont know, must be for some other reason then actually helping others. Maybe a form of self serving ingratiation. or Self worth inflation.

Either way, I merely felt it acceptable to post the issue here, let others know of BM, and maybe others that will take advantage of others or dump thier misfortunes on others, for it is a buyer beware market out there aint it??

Quote:
Originally posted by Konadog
Never happen Steve!

Gina, you just crack me up!

Not sure where all this is headed, or what you hope comes out of all this, but maybe this should be between you and the seller.
Old 12/17/2006, 09:00 PM
Fantasy Coral

Quote:

Well after some of the responses here, I'm sure he was very wary of posting in that thread that he had been lied to & decieved about the light. He may get told he has drama issues & that he should just accept it & move on. He's trying to make the best of a bad situation & deal with it by fixing the light himself. There's no need for him to go into deetails of how bubblemonkey is a liar & a thief.

Here's hoping none of you get ripped off & then post here about it...................Remember what goes around, comes around!!!

BTW, I've never met him nor know anything about him, other then he bought a new tank & a defective light, which he's trying to make the most out of.
Old 12/17/2006, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

Re: between me the seller

Quote:
Originally posted by Bergovoy

And if they dont, like a couple of posters seem to have, and to your response of wanting to see no evil hear no evil, then maybe I have again thought too much about what to expect from a support forum.

This is not a "support forum".Or at least not the kind of support you seem to need/want.
Secondly,this is not the Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum.

We are a friendly group but your first introductory posts have just been full of "drama".
Old 12/17/2006, 09:12 PM
Moved On

OMG that guy is WACK!!!

I am at a loss of words...

I bought that fixture three days ago. I ahve emails from him, (over 7 of them for the last three days.

That latest message is after I broke off conversations with him and indicated that I would be taking this to small claims.

Many of hte quotes in the message are straight quotes for the emails I have from him about what he found in there. Especially the wire that was screwed to the housing, (the ground wire?)

He knows that all his other messages and threads do nt indate any interior damage or loose wires.

I think he is pumping evidence to support I could have found threads from him indicating the internal problems...

Again, another reason to bring this to the forum. He is a loose cannon.

Quote:

Old 12/17/2006, 09:27 PM
Rubberman

Please, if you're on a mission to help us all post this in the feedback section where it belongs.

SteveU
Old 12/17/2006, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Re: Re: between me the seller

Quote:
Originally posted by GinaSofia
This is not a "support forum".Or at least not the kind of support you seem to need/want.

We are a friendly group but your first introductory posts have just been full of "drama".
Of course, what do you expect? He was clearly lied and cheated to. I can't believe how your two posts on this thread shows no sympathy at all. Your quote here will definetely be remembered for WHEN you post here about getting cheated.
Old 12/17/2006, 09:32 PM
Moved On

you are a funny guy

As I said above, you tend to read what you want.

Allthough that may be part of the issue, it is not the entire issue, as I stated previously, if you wish to you may go back and re read those comments.

You may also choose to not read this thread, and by all reasons, choose to not respond to the thread, for as much as you may think you speak for EVERY PERSON out there, you certainly dont.

So, take your high horse and get on and ride into the sunset...
Quote:
Please, if you're on a mission to help us all post this in the feedback section where it belongs.

SteveU
Old 12/17/2006, 09:42 PM
Moved On

support forum??

Does this mean that I can not cry on your shoulder???

Oh well, if I want to cry on someones shoulder I can call many resources.

When I want to talk crap about something that happens on this board, I know not to expect any positive comments from you.

I mean really, if you are not interested, you could just shut the eff up?

But I know, you get a kick out of seeing yyour name on the computer screen with some insensitive, irrelevent diatribe about something you obviously could care less about.

I see many hundreds of threads, and I have the self control to not reply to those that eiterh dont interest me, or that I have no positive comment to add to the mix.

So, since you have no positive comments, that must mean that this drama has some attraction to you after all.

Wow, I am flushed just thinking of the type of people I interest...

:smokin:

Quote:

Old 12/17/2006, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

On the contrary, we are not a "friendly group". More like "divided" on issues of personal integrity. Some of us value it and some of us could give a hoot. And drama? Please!!! The So. Cal. Forum is for many things, included all those OT posts that have nothing to do with aquaria. And if If it pertains to an issue associated, however remotely, to aquaria then it certainly has a place here.

I'm seeing a few posts here where some of you are trying to play the role of censor and trying to dictate who says what and in which forum and quite frankly I'm amazed at the sheer audaciousness of it. Not one of us enjoys such a privilege.
Old 12/17/2006, 10:08 PM
Rubberman

It's already been said this belongs in the buyer seller feedback forum. You're helping nobody with your masquerade party, he cheated me thread since I have no clue who this is.

Lot of long time members here that have had good luck with buying, selling and trading with no problems. Maybe you just have bad luck and every purchase you make here just might be doomed.

SteveU
Old 12/17/2006, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Re: Re: between me the seller

Quote:

Training to be a wannabe mod GinaSofia? Maybe you can take your own advise and take your little carcastic, dramatic remarks somewhere else also, no one is forcing you to read it. I'm surprised and deeply disturbed by the lack of heart some of you have or don't have. Those of you who have responded negatively to this reefer's misfortune, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Bergovoy, not everyone in this socal forum are cheaters and as heartless as some have demonstrated so far. Just be more aware of what you're buying next time. Until the mod decides to close the thread or move it to the suggested seller's feedback forum, you should just ignore the negative responses and continue to do what others have been doing in this forum for the last X number of years.

For those of you who thinks that this is drama, you may have subscribed to the wrong forum. Since it's the holiday season, it doesn't hurt to be a little bit friendly to those who have been wronged by others. Remember, Santa is making his list and is check it twice.
Old 12/17/2006, 10:40 PM
Premium Member

You're right,Nizmo.

It is the holiday season.I even have extra tickets to a Dr. Phil show just for you,Bergovoy, and skairik.
Old 12/17/2006, 10:49 PM
Moved On

take my own advise

thank you for checkingme. I will not be attracted to respond to those that are wannebe moderators or social psychologist gone bad.

I posted what i wanted, gotfor the most part what I expected and to perpetuate and or get drawn into SteveU or Ginas self serving issuess will only feed the drama that THE"Y seem to want to feed.

I dont create the drama, although I might be drawn into it rather easily it seems.

I will do my best to check out the stuff i buy, and am thankfull I am close to finalizing my setup.

The tank is painted, and I have started to plumb the overflow.

The return holes seem to be offset to the holes drilled through the overflow face. I see no choice but to use spa flex to get the pipe with 90 to line up with the bulkhead.

My question, (and yes I know this is not the right thread, but I am now leary of posting new thread just for this question).

Do I use the same glue for spaflex to fittings, of do I need to buy different cement for just the two connections I need to make???

Also, the spaflex has a natural curve in it, from being wound on the spool. so when I try to straighten it to line up inside the overflow, there is some pressure being but on the bulkhead. will this constant pressure be a problem or will it not matter once I torque down the bulkheads?

Thanks,
Bill
Old 12/17/2006, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

Gilbert Arenas is eating up the Lakers alive...Hopefully the Lakers can shut him down. If they start feeding Kobe the ball on an isolated post it will be nearly 99.9% effective against DeShawn Stevenson who is undersized to be at the 2 spot against Kobe. They also need to feed the ball to Kwame as he is twice as big than Haywood. Hopefully the Lakers can pull out with the "W, " and be 2nd in the Pacific Division, leaving them 2 games behind the San Antonio Spurs...

Oh! IBTL
Old 12/17/2006, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You're right,Nizmo.

It is the holiday season.I even have extra tickets to a Dr. Phil show just for you,Bergovoy, and skairik.
T You're too funny Gina!!
Old 12/17/2006, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You're right,Nizmo.

You're so generous GinaSofia, now I know why you love your dogs so much. PM me your addy and I'll be more than happy to come by and pick it up tonight. I'm sure you got nothing to do anyway. I bet you even have season's ticket to the show don't you.
Old 12/17/2006, 11:35 PM
Moved On

What is eating gilbert Grape?

Quote:
Originally posted by My F1sh R D34D!
Gilbert Arenas is eating up the Lakers alive...Hopefully the Lakers can shut him down. If they start feeding Kobe the ball on an isolated post it will be nearly 99.9% effective against DeShawn Stevenson who is undersized to be at the 2 spot against Kobe. They also need to feed the ball to Kwame as he is twice as big than Haywood. Hopefully the Lakers can pull out with the "W, " and be 2nd in the Pacific Division, leaving them 2 games behind the San Antonio Spurs...

Oh! IBTL
Old 12/17/2006, 11:40 PM
Fantasy Coral

A fellow reefer comes on to tell us his less then pleasant experiences in buying goods from a fellow reefer & some of you come off like a-holes...........................If you didn't want to read what he wrote, then don't read it. But to come back w/ jackas* comments like some of you did is just plain rude. I know there's a few people on this thread that won't get the time of day from me. I believe one of them even made the stupid move of putting thier finger between Tunze magnets................
Old 12/18/2006, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

As a wise man once said, "CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??"
Old 12/18/2006, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

i think we all sympathize with what happened to bergovoy. we have only heard one side but if it is true what he claims, then shame on the seller.

what some of us can’t stand is drama that seems to fall on him. he signed up with reefcentral for just a little over a month and he has managed to irk some people with his posts. do a search on his posts and you’ll find them to be overly dramatic. bergovoy started a thread where fishes died on him, the seller forgot to give him lights, regulator and such. he manages to blame the seller and calls them names (ingrate and moron) but won’t accept any responsibility himself. if you don’t like what you see, simply don’t buy. if you already paid, make sure you have everything you paid for. people do forget things. just like yourself, you forgot to ask for the items you paid for. if you're in a lfs, would you pay for a fish that doesn't look good? you knew they didn't look good (it doesn't matter if they were in a box) but you still bought them. it’s simple, take some responsibility.

another overly dramatic post is where some guy low balled you on an offer to buy your tank. i don’t know what the offer was but just simply turn it down. many of us have sold here and received low ball offers along the way. its not necessary to rant and wish that his “tank die out quickly”.

another thread bergovoy started is whether he wants to get his tank delivered or not because blah blah blah. is this a decision he can’t make for himself? who really cares about renting the truck 3 times and if to give a $40 kick back. think for yourself man!

on the “bad deal or what” thread, he stated that he will never buy from another reefer. he states that he will only buy from store fronts. well, he decided not to commit to his statement so he can only blame himself. be accountable for your actions and quit whining.

if they really screwed you over, you know where they live since you picked up from their houses. pay them a visit and take care of it. if you want to give them a bad rap, take it to the seller/ trader feedback forum.

be accountable for your actions. this doesn’t only apply to reefer to reefer transactions. if you buy, make sure you get what you are paying for. if it doesn’t look good, don’t buy it. if you pay for something, make sure you walk away holding what you paid for. simple!