Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/21/2005, 01:51 PM
Moved On

Do Not Buy Trade Or Sell With "sspargur" .

Please be aware with sspargur!!!!!
He ripped me off!!!!

I was traded with this man for couple corals (Purple Monster, Blue tort and acan lords) to get his Aqua Controller II...After we both agreed with the trading so I sent to him all corals that he requested for trading on Monday July 18, 2005 at 5:00 pm in the evening with Fedex priority next day at 10:30 am at his door....On Tuesday July 19 he did receive the package I sent to him but he did clam that all my corals were dead due to weather (temperature over 90 degree)...I just asked couple question to clear his statement if I'm wondering why the temperature was over 90 degreed because I wouldn't believe it in that since I sent to him at 5:00 pm by that time the weather is not hot more than 80 degree and he received the corals in the morning the weather was not hot yet...after discussion with him by email I requested him to send me couple pictures for the evident that he received the dead corals...He stated that his camera was packed up and he's already on the plan for his trip. I was patience to request him sending picture after he came back 3 weeks from his trip....Last week he sent me a email that he came back... he asked me to give him a day to settle and he will send picture to me...up until now I didn't receive his pictures. I also send him many email to request for the picture but he didn't response the email or sent any pictures back to me....his RC pm is also full up from the last couple week, I couldn't pm him...
Couple pm sent to RC staff for this situation...I hope they will investigate this problem...

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 01:43 AM
SPS and Zoanthid Fanatic

One-sided view of this transaction. Poor packing that caused the water to heat to over 90 degrees and killed the coral during shipping. Provided with pics that seller says was not the coral he sent, when in fact is was.

He refused to answer my emails and mysterious didn't receive the one with the pictures. hmmm.

My last words regarding this transaction is to have a view at my real feedback:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...light=sspargurhttp://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=448842&highlight=sspargur

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=448312&highlight=sspargur

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=440458&highlight=sspargur

and on frags.org under sspargur

Thanks and judge for yourself.
Old 08/24/2005, 11:04 AM
Tiny Miracles.

If he states you didnt send any pics, and you state you did, then you would have pics now, so why not just post the pics here?
Old 08/24/2005, 12:07 PM
Ultra Rare White SPS

I agreed with NewMariner. Where is the pixs of all the corals that he sent to proof your point. Few feedbacks from last year does not prooved the situation at hand...
Old 08/24/2005, 12:18 PM
Moved On

Look at the link below...he posted only a picture, but that is not my coral...that is not the coral I sent to him. I requested him for others pictures but he didn't send them. After the thread closed I asked him using RC pm to communicate together to resolve my problem but he already refused to do that.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=632778

Please do not buy or trade with this guy....he will rid you off some day...and do not believe on him.

Tony

Last edited by AtlanticReef; 08/24/2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08/24/2005, 12:47 PM
Moved On

I want to see the others pictures of my purple monster & blue tort....

Tony

Last edited by AtlanticReef; 08/24/2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08/24/2005, 12:59 PM
Crazy Aquarist

I agree with others. If you say they are died and have picture then post it. If you can't provide picture of the died coral then it must not be died. Why go to all the trouble to show one and not all have died.

Tony,
post picture of the mother colony of the PM and Tort that way when and if the picture of the "dead" PM and Tort is post they should match a part of the mother colony.

Believe in what you know and stand by it.
Old 08/24/2005, 01:00 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Bugs
I agreed with NewMariner. Where is the pixs of all the corals that he sent to proof your point. Few feedback from last year does not proved the situation at hand...
He couldn't find any corals that match with my corals I sent to him...so he couldn't take pictures to show us. I have all pictures of my coral...I just wait for him to post more pictures.
Just wait, I found a funny story about his post (it's not make sense). If he told me that he already sent the pictures to me through the email, then yesterday he should have pictures of all my corals to post in the closed thread...HAHAHA I found the untrue story again...I do not believe this guy from the beginning until now. what should I call him?

Last edited by AtlanticReef; 08/24/2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08/24/2005, 01:35 PM
Moved On

He got a bad history last year to do the same with another reefer...now to me. I do not know who will be next...I hope some one should do something with this guy to bring him to the justice. He is a lair and cheater.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=3

Tony

Last edited by AtlanticReef; 08/24/2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08/24/2005, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

Since a fellow reefer PMed me to share my experience about this guy I will do so glady because I still get upset thinking about it from time to time.

I pretty much sent him 3 or 4 Tyree pieces(don't remember exactly which ones but one was the PM). He complained that they were too small and that they were dead or dying. And guess what he did? he stopped payment for the whole transaction meaning the check he wrote me that paid for the frags AND shipping was revoked. This is even before I had a chance to respond.

He could never come up with any pictures during out arguement. I kept on asking him to post pics but he never could. He never emailed me any pics either.

For all i know all 4 frags survived and he got off with about 300 worth of corals from me. And to make it even worse.....I HAD TO PAY FOR HIS SHIPPING! I LOST MONEY AND MY CORALS!

AtlanticReef if you want to take this guy to court please sign me up for the ride.
Old 08/24/2005, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

And just for everyone's info, including you Sean. Feedbacks from buyers does not mean squat in a transaction like this when you were the buyer and not the seller. Of course you would package your corals well so people don't leave negative feedbacks. But when you're the buyer it's a totally different story isn't it? There's really no way of knowing how good of a "buyer" you are unless people complain about you. And so far there has been two that has complained about you. Anyone else?
Old 08/24/2005, 02:27 PM
Moved On

I would like to take him to a small court for this problem since he was a cheater and I knew where he live. I LOST ALL MY CORALS THAT VALUE AROUND 400 BUCKS. I will keep in mind for your request...

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 02:28 PM
Moved On

I would to see more...

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

I already did research on that. Pretty much we have to fly over to Utah to settle this claim with him. That is why I dropped it before. Maybe he knows this and that's why he got the balls to do all this through the internet.
Old 08/24/2005, 02:45 PM
Moved On

Let me discuss with my brother since he's a lawyer in Cal...I have a lawyer for myself so I do not pay anything but he will pay for the fee to hire a lawyer to fire back with me....I will make him loosing all his money this time...

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Get my money back as well!
Old 08/24/2005, 02:50 PM
Moved On

We can file a join claim together at his resident court...since we have more evident to show on the court.

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Actually I don't need my money back. It'll be satisfaction enough if he gets in trouble with the law on this one.
Old 08/24/2005, 02:53 PM
Moved On

Well...

Take a look at his occupation; he's a resident in a "Mental Institution !!!"
Old 08/24/2005, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Mr. Asparagus sounds like a complete fraud. I hate jerks who steal from fellow reefers and turn around and make it like everything was their fault. If you live in such a bad place that you can't get overnight corals, why do you still asking people for trades?

Maybe you can trade with me, I'll send you my dead corals.
Old 08/24/2005, 03:00 PM
SPS and Zoanthid Fanatic

Same pics emailed to Tony:

Old 08/24/2005, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

That's funny. How come you can post pics now and not before? Especially when you tell each of us that you have no camera available. You sure those are the actualy pics of the frags? I guess noone will really know.....
Old 08/24/2005, 03:07 PM
Moved On

You posted wrong picture again...the purple monster I didn't mounted on the rock when I sent to you....Do you remember that you rushed me to send you the corals on Monday evening, so I do not have time to mount onto the rock. you are cheater again.

My blue tort is more bigger than that...you can see the super clue you just used to glue on the rock on both frags...cheater. I told you that I knew my corals

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 03:08 PM
SPS and Zoanthid Fanatic

I never said I currently have no camera available. You have no idea what your talking about issey so why are you even trying to present a fact that has zero validity?
Old 08/24/2005, 03:09 PM
SPS and Zoanthid Fanatic

Tony - Those are your dam frags.