Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/14/2007, 03:18 PM
Premium Member

Moving, 10G and 20G FS

Hey all, I have orders to move to Utah at the end of this month and I am not going to be taking my two small tanks with me. The chance of deployment will be increasing significantly after my move and having a tank then is not what I want.

The 10G is mostly macroalgae and zoanthids. It has 1 small clownfish, a neon goby, a Randall's goby paired with a Candy stripe pistol shrimp, and a Barnacle blenny. You can check out the build of it here. This tank came in 3rd place in the Nano-reef.com 2006 10G stock competition. The pictures are from its peak. Right now the tank needs a new home and an enthusiastic owner. Issues with it, maintenance and a leak. You will need to get a new tank and transplant everything over carefully before fully setting it up. The tank has sprung a leak somewhere in the top 1/3 of the seam and won't hold water above it. However being a 10G, I'm not concerned with it splitting apart the moment.

The other tank is slightly larger--a 20G long with built in glass overflow and 10G sump. Again this tank is mostly softies--zoanthids, ricordeas, etc. It has a yellow-belly blue damsel, I think Azure or Kupang Damsel (who knows these things?), and a 2+ yr old Gold striped Maroon clownfish. The tank has about 1/2 to 3/4" of crushed coral substrate with about 20 pounds of live rock. The sump is a 10G glass aquarium that I have partitioned to hold a ASM G1X protein skimmer with recirc mod and gate valve mod. Return is a Magdrive 3. Two pumps included, Seio 620s--plenty of circulation for this aquarium. The flow through the sump is around 70-80 gph. Lighting is a 1x65W PC combo bulb that needs replaced. This aquarium sits on a custom aquarium stand designed and built by me. It is made of 2x4s, 1/4" plywood, trim, and is stained a dark cherry. The door to the stand breaks away using magnets to sit aside for maintenance underneath. The canopy has an open back and two break away magnet doors side by side on the front. The stand is about 34" tall (perfect viewing height IMO) and takes up about 36"x18" floor space. Issues with this aquarium, maintenance and Aiptasia. Somehow the Aips got in and I'm not sure what to do. This guy needs a new home and can be made beautiful with minimal work once you get the Aiptasia under control.

Both these tanks are quiet and do very well the way they are. The 20G has a slight hum and if you keep the water topped off in the 10G, you can hear just a slight trickle. If able, I would like to keep each tank together as a whole--lights, filter, heater, live rock, substrate, and animals--so please keep that in mind. Please feel free to pm me with an offer. Thanks for reading and helping a fellow reefer out.
Old 09/14/2007, 05:43 PM
Premium Member

Prices???
Old 09/14/2007, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Where are you located?
Old 09/14/2007, 08:20 PM
][D][][V][][D

approx. prices??
Old 09/14/2007, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

guessing he's out towards Luke AFB like me lol (way on the west side)
Old 09/15/2007, 02:36 AM
Mushroom King

I assumed that same thing there soulja I put a bid on the 20 gallon. If he takes I'll head out and take a peak if it is really what I need. Looking for a fraging tank as my shroomies are getting to big to keep in my tank alone. hasn't responded as of yet.....perhaps I bid to low. >

Hows the rock working out for you ??

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 09/15/2007, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

man i tell ya, you and i were thinking alike..as if i dont have enough small tanks lol. The rock is perfet for her 5g but im thinking of using it in a 20g cube im picking up this weekend instead lol.... good luck on the bidding, hopefully he'll get back to ya soon
Old 09/15/2007, 03:41 PM
Premium Member

Awesome thanks for the great response everyone. I'll get back to you all shortly when I have more time.

I can also put up a picture if there is interest.
Old 09/20/2007, 02:09 AM
Premium Member

Anyone going to buy these off me? Here are some prices (I always though "offers" meant people offer what they'll give):

$100 for the 10G:
- leaky 10G (recommend a new one)
- 40W Satellite PC
- animals: clownfish, neon goby, Randall's goby/Candy stripped pistol shrimp, snails, hermits, mini brittle stars, etc
- ~10lbs live rock and 10lbs mix of sand/crushed coral
- corals: zoanthids, mushrooms
- filter: Penguin Bio-Wheel
- heater: 50W Proheat Titanium
- Maxijet 600 powerhead

$200 for the 20G:
- 20G, custom internal glass overflow--10"W, 4"T, 2.5"D--1" bulkhead, full plumbing to sump 1" vinyl hose.
- Partitioned 10G sump.
- ASM G1X with recirculation mod and gate valve mod
- Mag 3 return pump with return plumbing
- 65W PC
- Custom stand and canopy
- animals: GSM clownfish and Kupang damsel, hermits, snails, asterina stars, aiptasia--sorry
- corals: zoanthids, palys, and 4 ricordeas, colt--i think
- 15-20lb rock, 15lb crushed coral shallow bed
- 100W Proheat Titanium
- (2) Seio 620 powerheads--I currently just use one.

These two have to go fast. I'd like to sell them as units, ie. show up with $100 walk out with all under 10G, etc. Come on, send me pm's.
Old 09/20/2007, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Sent you a PM
Old 09/20/2007, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Also pic's would be really good. thanks
Old 09/20/2007, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

pm sent
Old 09/20/2007, 06:24 PM
][D][][V][][D

pics??
Old 09/20/2007, 08:18 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilE
pics??
OK after multiple requests for pics, here they are. 10G Pics will be in my next post.

20G:

Old 09/20/2007, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

10G:

These are some of its best pics and what it is capable of. Everything you see is still in the tank. I'm not sure where my neon goby and barnacle blenny went to. Hopefully the shrimp didn't eat them.

Now someone buy these! Sadly, $100 and $200--you won't find a better deal out there.
Old 09/20/2007, 08:48 PM
Premium Member

Talking

Sell me the G1X Skimmer!!!!!!!
Old 09/21/2007, 09:08 PM
Premium Member

Everything has been taken. Thanks everyone for your responses. Perhaps I'll be back this way in the future.