Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/25/2003, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

NEGATIVE Feedback for Pseudo Boy

BUYER BEWARE OF PSEUDO BOY

Ok, some background information on the deal. He was selling a Lifereef CLF-1 sump. I paid him $100+$30 shipping for a total of $130. It was sent to me Fedex ground. Ok, here we go.

The exact date of arrival I am not 100% certain of...sometime in May, the exact date escapes me. When the sump arrived and I opened the packaging the bottom corner of it was smashed out....this is when things went downhill. Below is a history of our conversations via ReefCentral private messages.

I emailed him letting him know that the sump was damaged upon arrival and I told him that I would make the claim for the damage which he said was fine. Even after I told him that he went ahead and filed the claim anyway. The conversation picks up there with me messaging him about calling the Fedex people to approve the cheque and damaged sump being sent to me when the claim/inspection was finalized...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pseudo Boy wrote on 05/09/2003 12:13 AM:
I called and the claims office is now closed. I will see what I can do tomorrow.

Kasei

MY replies

#1 - Re: Fedex
Just called the 1-800 number i gave you....the girl said the office is open until 11pm eastern. I talked to the same girl I talked to a few minutes ago.

She said to call 1-800-463-3339...enter 1 and go to ground service.

#2 - Re: Fedex
Sorry to be so pressing...but the lady stressed the importance of contacting them tonight. She said it was loaded into a shipping bin and would need to be stopped before it was too late to stop it.

#3 - Re: Fedex
..........?

Those 3 messages were sent in a 40 minute timeframe with no reply. This was a very urgent matter because his Fedex account told Fedex to send him back the sump after it was inspected...which would of left me without my new sump. He simply couldnt take the time to call them.

HIS Reply

6 hours later - Re: Fedex
I am in Atlantic City right now and I am having problems with someone else on the boards at the moment that my brother is trying to straighten out for me.

I have not been able to help myself at the moment. If they ship it to me I will ship it to you free so don't worry about spending anymore money. I will help you as much as I can and I can always refund you your money.

Let me know,

Kasei

I will keep you informed as to what is happening.

MY REPLY

Re: Fedex
They will ship it to you, there's no question about that....refund is no good, i really need the sump, my tank gets here on tuesday!

Let me know what fedex says

After this, the first issue was resolved because when Fedex completed their inspection, they did not have proper customs clearance to send the sump back to Pseudo Boy in the USA since I was in Canada....so they sent it back to me...no thanks to him.

11 Days later I call Fedex to check my claims progress and the girl tells me my claim isn't showing up because the shipper had already filed the claim but was missing proper documentation....so I messaged him again..

CLAIM!
Hi again

My claim can't be finalized because you called and also made a claim a day before me????? What's up with that?!

Can you please Fedex ASAP and get in contact with the claims department. Ask to specifically talk to "Kathy Buck" of claims. If you can't talk to her talk to whoever but she is the one handling my claim. You need to tell her it's OK for them to make the payment of the claim to me and not you because right now, since you apparently made a claim first, they will send the cheque to you which is a big hassle for me.

Please get in contact with them ASAP as I am leaving for Florida in 2 weeks and desperately want to get the claim processed to try and get my tank filled with water before I leave. PLEASE!

Matt

HIS REPLY

Re: CLAIM!
Matt,

I made the claim before you because I was trying to help you out remember. I just happened to do it before you did and I told you this. What is with the tude?? I was trying to help you out. Then I left it up to you to figure out, which you wanted. Now that you are having problems you are pushing me...

Let's not get out of hand. Work with me not against me. I think I am being very amenable with you.
I can always refund your money and you won't be out anything and you can send back the sump.

I don't have the phone number for this claims person so until I do there is nothing I can do for you.

Kasei

MY REPLY

Kasei,

Before I made this deal with you I read nothing but positive feedback from you. Myself, I consider this crap a hassle and I don't have time to be trying to contact people after the sale when I'm trying to get my claim processed.

I didn't intend to have any attitude in my last post. I just hate dealing with courier companies. The last claim I had with UPS took 8 months to clear, for a metal halide bulb. I understand you were trying to help, but you did it on your own accord after I had contacted you about ME filing the claim for it.

I am in NO way pushing you. I just need your help in getting this sorted out. The sump was sent back to me afterall because they were lacking customs forms in order to get it returned to the USA. I do not want a refund...I don't want this deal turned bad. I have repaired the sump and it cost me $100 to do it. I had them cut and replace the entire bottom panel of the sump and then reseal/glue it all back together. They could of patched it but a patch on the outside would of made it sit uneven and on the inside it would have interfered with the placement of the return pump.

I really don't think I'm asking anything unreasonable. My first PM to you was to ask you to call them about getting the sump sent to me....you said you were having trouble with someone else on the board at that moment and basically brushed me aside...

The number you need to call is 1-800-247-4747. When you are on that line ask to be put through to Fedex Ground Service. When you are on the phone with them say that you "sent a package to someone in Canada which was damaged...I made an initial claim and then told him to go ahead and make the claim himself which he did....I was calling to say it is ok for the payment to be sent to him instead of me." Simple. No more fuss about it.

They will probably ask you for the tracking number. It is as follows in case you have not retained a copy of it; 045707500048282. I know this is just as much a hassle for you as it is for me. If I gave you the impression of having attitude in the last message I apologize.

HIS REPLY

I can understand that. I am on the line with them now as they need the original bill for the claim. I am in no way brushing you aside. This is my first claim and I ship over 100 packages a month FedEx and UPS and no problems.

I will get you the money even if I have to pay you myself. I am working with you not against you. I gain nothing in this if it goes sour. That was why I always left the refund of your money on the table. I do have a good reputation because I don't shaft people. I won't start now.

Let me see what I can do and I will let you know later.

Kasei

MY REPLY

I have everything they need right here. The guy I spoke with told me all I had to do was get you to tell them that making payment to me was fine...then when that was done I had to refax my documents to the lady Kathy Buck and it would be done.

He said that when you made the claim you didnt provide adequate documentation...when I made MY claim afterwards I included several documents which I knew they would want(based on the hassle with UPS).

Let me know what you find out. Preferabely sometime soon.

HIS REPLY

Matt,

That is not what the guy just said. He said that the only thing holding everything up was the original purchase receipt.

I jjust faxed over what they needed and tried to call back and the office is closed. If you want to try and call them and have them call me, that would be fine also.

Kasei

MY REPLY

What number did you call? Try 18002474747 and also 1800GOFEDEX. If not, just call them in the morning please. I have some urgent errands to run.

Those messages took place on May 20. No reply on May 22, so I sent him another message.

Kasei,

Did you call Fedex the next day? This is a very urgent matter for me.

Regards,
Matt

HIS REPLY

Yes I did. I could not talk to Kathy but left a message. She has not gotten back to me but she was fowarded all of the information that she requested.

I know this is important to you.

MY REPLY

Can you call her tomorrow and tell her when the claim is finalized to send the cheque directly to me as opposed to going to you. That's the main issue here with me and it seems like your dancing around it.

HIS REPLY

Matt,

Lets not dance around anything anymore.

What do you expect from the outcome of this. You have repeatedly told me that you want the sump but it is broken. I offer to take the sump back and refund your money. You say no. I offer to have it repaired and you say that you have already looked into it and that you would be out of a sump if I took it away and that the cost was prohibitive. I once again offer to refund your money.

I have kept in constant contact with you throughout this debacle and you insist that I am either trying to shaft you or that there is some dishonesty at work on my part. You insist that I am not communicating with you or the people that are processing the claim. I insist that I am and have/will provide documentation that I have.

Now you have made this a respect issue. I will not send the check directly to you as I have been trying to do all along. I will not proceed with anything else unless these things are settled.

1. I want you to provide pictures of the damage to the sump.
2. I want you to provide the estimate and repair receipt for the sump.
3. I will only pay you up to the amount of the damage on the sump. This is because you insist on keeping the sump and as such has become a usable item.
4. If these are not satisfactory to you you now have these options.

1. Ship the sump back to me in the original packaging insured and upon receipt I will refund your money in full $130 ($100 plus shipping)

I will no longer tolerate the hostility that you have shown. I have now assumed that you want a check for $200 plus the Lifereef sump that I sent to you and you are not entitled to both. I feel that you did not want me to see the sump and that was why the adamant plea to have it sent to you and not back to me. Now the urgent pleas to send you the check directly and not to me. Then not wanting me to file the claim on the damage.
I suspect that you have more to hide than anyone. I have been upfront and forward while you have been angst and abusive.

I am now resolved to end this dispute on this note. I have given you all of the civility that I will and will no longer. If you wish to proceed in the forums that is your privilege. I will however have to refute any and all claims that you make because of the constant irregularities in your side of the deal.

If this is a fraud claim then I will proceed to help FedEx Ground Ltd. prosecute you. If the pictures are not the same as the ones the company took during the investigation then I will help them. I have pictures of the sump I sent you and if it is not the same sump I will help them to prosecute you. My sump was a custom sump and as such had a serial number on it which I have with the original receipt.

Now you have made your point and now you have mine. I was willing to help you and you went out of your way to make this a deal gone bad. I hate games and you have pushed me.

Do not contact me unless you are serious about settling this matter. If you wish to contact PayPal, Please do so as the matter will come to the same conclusion, return the merchandise and you will receive a refund.

Have a pleasant vacation.

MY REPLY

Very Surprised...
Whoa....Didn't expect that... I paid you for the sump and shipping which included the insurance, so any and all claim is rightfully mine. I did not want it sent to you because if you have to send me the money paypal will charge me a fee of 35 cents plus 2.4% of the total...something along those lines anyway...now you can say you would mail me the cheque....that would be fine except couriers/postal service will not insure a cheque so if it get's lost in shipment the money would be gone. I didn't think it was much to ask considering I did pay for it.

I already told you I do not have pictures of the sump as I don't have a digital camera to take any. Fedex had the sump, they inspected it, approved the claim for it and TRIED to send it back to you but couldn't. Attached to the sump upon it's return was a note from a guy in the inspection office saying he could not return it to you in the USA because he was lacking the proper customs forms to do so. So it got sent to me instead. Which is what I wanted because you gave me a great price on the sump and a refund would have sent me out searching for another one.

I did not want this deal to go bad, I was only trying to press upon you my urgency. I have to leave for Florida in a little over a week. I have my tank/stand and EVERYTHING else ready to go except the sump. I was hoping the extra insurance money would insure I'd get it going before I left(I need a return pump). You seem to think I am not entitled to the full amount....you know yourself I paid for the shipping and therefore paid for the insurance.

I'm truly sorry if you've been offended or feel I have a lack of respect for you. In all honesty I think you've taken this matter a bit too far. I paid for insurance...it was damaged....Fedex approved the claim when they inspected it....now YOU are taking it upon yourself to say what I'm entitled to? You got your $100 for the sump like you wanted and I got a damaged sump with the hassle of waiting on money to repair it. You are also the one who did not insure it for the full cost of replacement....so yes I am entitled to the full amount of the claim.

Your little paragraph about this being a fradulant claim is disgraceful. Fedex already saw the sump and saw the damage so I don't see why you would make that point. The sump is the exact sump you sent me, the markings on the top right corner of the front of the sump are still there and I assure you would match anything you have on your reciept.

I'm going to tell you why I'm so anxious. I had a metal halide system sent to me back in October...one of the lightbulbs was broken...I approached the shipper to make the claim which she did.....long story short, she kept giving me the runaround about UPS needing more documentation over and over again.....I finally got my $137 to replace the bulb in early May. And I'm still dealing with UPS about the $105 in taxes I paid to bring it in the country. I desperately did not want this to happen again which is why I was so pressing in the matter. I hope you can understand. I also have $80 in taxes from Fedex to deal with after this claim is over and done with.

I am not going to tarnish your name on the boards. Believe or not I do have respect for you and anyone else on the board for that matter and I personally feel this has gotten blown out of preportion.

I really don't want to argue with you. There's nothing more I can say then the fact that I paid $130 to you...$30 of which was for shipping and insurance. I believe I am entitled the full amount of the claim. I was simply trying to save a hassle down the road with regards of getting it to me.

Again, I do apologize for all of this.

Best Regards,
Matt

After this I had no contact with him. He wouldn't answer emails or PM's. The last messages were on May 23. I left for Florida shortly after for a 2 week vacation, unable to get my aquarium running before I left...thus I am still waiting on the cycle because of him. I never made a post about him because he disappeared from the board for a while but now that he is back I want people to know he's not good to deal with. Our correspondance clearly shows I am owed $200 USD from him for the insurance claim on the sump. I would of been satisfied with the $100 is cost me for repair but Fedex said they would give the whole insured amount. Anyways, It's the end of July and I am yet to see a dime of my money from him.

I've had so many good experiences buying things here and this just made my stomach churn. My 8 month long MH claim...the girl at least kept me informed throughout the whole thing...which ended up being a screw up on UPS's side. Anyway, BUYER BEWARE OF PSEUDO BOY!!

Please do not delete this post. Pseudo Boy, your comments are more then welcome of course, though I pasted our conversations directly from my Inbox/Sent Messages Folders. I'll gladly delete this post if payment or even partial payment($100) is made to me.

BUYER BEWARE OF PSEUDO BOY
Old 07/25/2003, 03:53 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

I don't think it's reasonable to expect the sump AND a settlement.

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 07/25/2003, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

I think it's more then reasonable. I paid him $130 for it shipped with insurance and he didn't insure it for the proper replacement amount.

When you look at it, I paid $100 for the sump and had to pay $100 to REPAIR it...NOT get a new one to replace it. I also paid $81 in tax/duty charges to bring it through customs.

So that would make me be in $19 after the repair and duty which I am entitled to because I paid for the insurance. If he had of made the insurance enough to cover replacement I would of got one from Jeff @ Lifereef brand new.

When I had my halide bulb arrive broken...I kept the bulb, AND got the settlement. What's the difference here? Bulb is not repairable but a sump is, nothing more.

Looking at it with your logic I am owed $181, while Pseudo is entitled to keep $19.
Old 07/25/2003, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

BTW, the insurance is for replacement and/or repair of damaged goods.....So yes I am entitled to both.
Old 07/25/2003, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

I am not taking a side other than on Entitlement....Whoever paid for the insurance is absolutely entitled to the full amount of the claim. If fedex does not want anything in return for the claim, then Azonic should end up with the damaged sump and the $200.00 that it is insured for. I am not passing judgment on either of the two parties, to make that EXPRESSLY CLEAR. This is what Azonic is ENTITLED to. If you make a claim for a car accident, the insurance company cuts you a check for the damages. They don't ask you for the remainder of the funds when your done fixing your car, or purchasing a new one, for that matter. Pseudo Has his money and is ENTITLED to exactly $0.00 of the claim. Just my 2 cents
Old 07/25/2003, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

Thanks

Thank you.
Old 07/25/2003, 10:43 PM
Premium Member

Folks this is a loooong one...

Service Rates

All packages (see below) are being shipped
from 11215, U.S.A. to A1N4N1, Canada Service Transit Time Rate (USD)
FedEx Ground® Delivery in 5 business days 54.72

Package Information

Weight Package Type Dimensions *
Length x Width x Height Declared Value for Carriage*
50 lbs Your Packaging 30.0 x 24.0 x 24.0 USD 200

You can put the same dimensions in at FedEx.com and get the same information. I paid for the extra shipping fees and did not charge him packing fees. I was being overly nice and I got screwed. By the way put in 35 pounds and it still comes out to 50lbs dimension weight.

By the way, you left out all of the begging.

Kasei,

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 9:58 AM
To: Kasei Carter
Subject: Re: SUMP
I am the guy "Azonic" on reefcentral...just so you know.
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Matt Dawe'
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 1:51 AM
Subject: RE: SUMP
Matt,
I am sorry to keep you waiting. I only have a moment to write
This email. I had a death in the family and I haven't had the time
To check.
I will get back to you as soon as possible. I will hold onto
everyone's email until I get a moment.
Thank you,

Kasei

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 11:55 AM
Matt,
I know. I just don't have my head screwed on today. I walked into
my house last night into this mess. I estimated USPS Air Parcel
Post to be no more than $30. If it comes out to more I will cover it. It takes 4-10 days insured for $200. Let me know if this is acceptable to you.
My PayPal address is: l0nemonk@nyc.rr.com
Thanks and sorry for the delay. I will be answering my email
Again tonight at 6pm if there are any questions or you can call me at
Thanks,

Kasei

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 10:38 AM
Kasei,
So your saying the total is $200? How is it that high if it's $100 +
$30 shipping?

Matt

Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 4:59 PM
The bottom corner of the sump was busted out. I'm on the phone with
Fedex now filing a damage claim. BTW, I must say, you did an outstanding packaging job...I was really surprised to find it damaged.

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 3:40 PM
No no no... It will be insured for Up to $200.. The total for you
Is only $130 shipped to Canada.

Kasei

Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 7:34 PM
Matt,
Wow... How is that possible? Was the box damaged? That thing was
Wrapped so tight and with peanuts and everything I could find that it was impossible to break. The cardboard alone was 3-4" thick.... A whole
Roll of tape and you name it. Well whatever you need just let me know.
Also if they don't take the sump from you ;-), You can either have it
repaired by Lifereef or do it yourself, you get free money and a
sump.
:-)
That was a brand new sump. Just look at the etched numbers on the
Side of it. I had 2 of these and that one was used for 2 months before I broke the tank down.
If you need to contact me, just call anytime at *********. I
Still have the paperwork if you need copies.
Let me know and sorry. It should have only taken 4 days to get to
You anyway. They should pay me for being late.

Kasei
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 6:15 PM
P.S. The box is not damaged at all....looks like it must of had a
Pretty hard impact on something. :-\

Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 7:57 PM
Matt,
Also if you can take pictures of everything for me. Including the
outside of the box and any defects in the outer box where the damage
occurred.

Thanks,
Kasei
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:19 PM
I'm going to be contacting Fedex myself. The package isn't insured
enough to replace the sump....so them coming and taking the contents is not an option.
I'm left totally high and dry if that's the case. I'm reading off the
Fedex website right now that either the shipper, reciever, or a third party can file claim..I'll be in touch after I talk to the lady again tomorrow.

Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 12:37 AM

Matt,
Ok, I will let you do what you think is best for you. Let me know if you need anything from me. You have all of my information. What exactly
happened to the sump? Did the outer box have any damage or signs of
damage or crush? I am curious as to how it could have happened.

Kasei

Kasei,

This is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY URGENT message. I just called you and got your answering machine. I will try again later if I don't hear from you via email.
Fedex is telling me there is a note on your account saying that the package has to be returned to you after the damage inspection. I need you to call Fedex ASAP @ 1-800-463-3339 and tell them to have it sent back to ME instead, otherwise I'm going to end up having to pay the shipping on it again! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call them as soon as you get this. The girl said the inspection is completed and it was loaded into a shipping box to be sent back to you!

Thanks,
Matt

Azonic
Reefer

Can you call her tomorrow and tell her when the claim is finalized to send the cheque directly to me as opposed to going to you. That's the main issue here with me and it seems like your dancing around it.

Azonic
Reefer

Kasei,

Did you call Fedex the next day? This is a very urgent matter for me.

Regards,
Matt

quote:

Azonic wrote on 05/20/2003 04:26 PM:
Hi again

My claim can't be finalized because you called and also made a claim a day before me????? What's up with that?!

Can you please Fedex ASAP and get in contact with the claims department. Ask to specifically talk to "Kathy Buck" of claims. If you can't talk to her talk to whoever but she is the one handling my claim. You need to tell her it's OK for them to make the payment of the claim to me and not you because right now, since you apparently made a claim first, they will send the cheque to you which is a big hassle for me.

Please get in contact with them ASAP as I am leaving for Florida in 2 weeks and desperately want to get the claim processed to try and get my tank filled with water before I leave. PLEASE!

Matt
quote:

Azonic wrote on 05/20/2003 05:24 PM:
I have everything they need right here. The guy I spoke with told me all I had to do was get you to tell them that making payment to me was fine...then when that was done I had to refax my documents to the lady Kathy Buck and it would be done.

He said that when you made the claim you didnt provide adequate documentation...when I made MY claim afterwards I included several documents which I knew they would want(based on the hassle with UPS).

Let me know what you find out. Preferabely sometime soon.

quote:

Pseudo Boy wrote on 05/20/2003 09:58 PM:
Matt,

I made the claim before you because I was trying to help you out remember. I just happened to do it before you did and I told you this. What is with the tude?? I was trying to help you out. Then I left it up to you to figure out, which you wanted. Now that you are having problems you are pushing me...

Let's not get out of hand. Work with me not against me. I think I am being very amenable with you.
I can always refund your money and you won't be out anything and you can send back the sump.

I don't have the phone number for this claims person so until I do there is nothing I can do for you.

Kasei

Pseudo Boy wrote on 05/20/2003 10:20 PM:
I can understand that. I am on the line with them now as they need the original bill for the claim. I am in no way brushing you aside. This is my first claim and I ship over 100 packages a month FedEx and UPS and no problems.quote:

Pseudo Boy wrote on 05/20/2003 10:37 PM:
Matt,

That is not what the guy just said. He said that the only thing holding everything up was the original purchase receipt.

I just faxed over what they needed and tried to call back and the office is closed. If you want to try and call them and have them call me, that would be fine also.

Kasei

I will get you the money even if I have to pay you myself. I am working with you not against you. I gain nothing in this if it goes sour. That was why I always left the refund of your money on the table. I do have a good reputation because I don't shaft people. I won't start now.

Let me see what I can do and I will let you know later.

Kasei

I paid for packing material, overshipping to Canada and the insurance. I gave him a 4 month old custom sump for $100 and half shipping that cost me 3 times as much plus shipping. I offered every possible solution until you make me mad. People always assume the worst until you hear the other side. This makes me not want to be generous in any way to people. I have given away more things to people on this board for free that cost more than the sump, a $200 check or the trouble that this is worth.

There are more correspondenses but I need beer mostly begging and urgeny which made me suspicious in the first place. Scam someone else next time. When you have a hook in the fish' mouth... reel it in slowly and it will come to you. Jerk it and you will loose it. Just some advice.

Later folks,

Kasei

Last edited by Pseudo Boy; 07/25/2003 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07/25/2003, 11:11 PM
You did what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo Boy

sump.
Kasei
If that was your quote then I don't see why you have a problem sending him the full amount that the insurance paid.
Old 07/25/2003, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

lllosingit - Thank you.

And Pseudo, I formatted since then and lost the emails. And as for the begging.....I hardly consider saying PLEASE begging. Ya know, $200 is alot more money for some people then it is for others.

The fact remains the same. You owe me $200. You've admitted it yourself by showing all the emails and PM's. You've never once denied owing my the money, you just feel I made it personal or whatever. You know yourself that I am entitled to it.
Old 07/25/2003, 11:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I was being overly nice and I got screwed.

[/B]
How the hell did you get screwed? You ended up with $300 for a used sump. I ended up paying $230 for it in the end after repairs.

I don't get how some people can have such disregard for other people and knowingly rip them off.
Old 07/26/2003, 01:23 AM
Registered Member

Trying to look at the whole picture here..... I think this statement sounds right.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sump.
Kasei

If that was your quote then I don't see why you have a problem sending him the full amount that the insurance paid.

Old 07/26/2003, 06:37 AM
Premium Member

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone on this thread that Pseudo Boy owes Azonic the $200 from the insurance. Azonic paid $30 for the insurance not Pseudo and should get his/her money. I don't see the point of Kasei keeping the money. I've tried to see both sides and looks bottom line to me that Pseudo owes Azonic $200. What's the hold up? Pseudo lost nothing since he wanted $130 (and got it from Azonic). Azonic got a damaged sump which he repaired out of his pocket (additonal). But Pseudo keeps the $200 from the insurance? What gives? The money wasn't yours in the first place (Pseudo) so you didn't lose anything....certify mail it to Azonic and squash the drama...

Just my opinion from the facts given...

Minh
Old 07/26/2003, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

I appreciate the replies greatly but sadly, I doubt if he will ever send me my money.
Old 07/26/2003, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Azonic,

It is a good thing you posted your case in a new thread. I read the other thread where you posted and you were getting ripped apart. You have posted a very good case here. Judge Judy would rule in your favor for $200.00.
Old 07/27/2003, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Abbey. I only posted in the other thread because he was selling another Lifereef sump and I didn't want someone else to lose out the way I did. I clearly posted that I would also give all details in the Feedback forum...some people felt the need to carry on with it there. Oh well.

And yes, I think Judge Judy would give me my $200 and rip him apart with her insults she is so good at giving.
Old 08/03/2003, 02:09 AM
Moved On

damn canadians :-P
Old 08/04/2003, 09:27 AM
Premium Member

I would have to agree with Azonic here. He paid the insurance cost. Kasai got the $130 he was asking for. Cut and dry IMO.
Old 08/04/2003, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

Gerard: Very intelligent

shocksta: Thanks.
Old 08/05/2003, 07:11 PM
Premium Member

Just curious... Why would the seller keep the insurance money?

I think it's funny (or not) how the seller thinks the buyer is not entitled to the insurance money, but how the heck is the seller entitled to it?
Old 08/05/2003, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

I feel if the buyer payed for the insurance, he/she is entitled the insurance money. I actually had a similar incident on RC. I sold a skimmer and the buyer claimed that it arrived damaged. The buyer never insured the skimmer, but I did. The buyer said that the skimmer got fixed and he also got the insurance money.
Old 08/06/2003, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Kind of funny how psuedo boy has once again DISSAPPEARED!! I agree he totally owes him the 200 dollars.. sounds to me like psuedo is trying to do the scamming.. lets see he got 130 for the sump and now 200 for the claim.. so he got 330 dollars, the buyer got the 100 dollar repair bill.. How could anyone in there right mind see this any different.. sorry psuedo but your totally in the wrong on this one. I deffinetly wouldnt buy from you after hearing this.
Old 08/06/2003, 08:12 AM
You did what?

Azonic
Can you update us?
Old 08/06/2003, 09:26 AM
DOH!

I may be a miniposter but i gotta agree here that Azonic is entitled to the money too.

I feel sorry for you in this case, because I know the feeling of going through a claims process. It really sucks.

And it is funny how Pseudo Boy has since not replied.

I wonder what the other problem he was dealing with from another meber was.
Old 08/06/2003, 09:40 AM
possum chauffeur

Psuedo....PAY UP.
Old 08/06/2003, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

After reviewing everything myself, Psuedoboy owes money to Azonic and should have never had made the claim.

Azonic paid for a broken sump, shipment of said sump, repairs of said sump and will later pay import/tarriff taxes on said pump. The inusrance has a reason and it is not for you to profit off of Azonic's misfortune. He is do the money and if anyone had a case to make it would be Azonic vs. you.

I do not see any fraud in this on Azonic's part. He paid for the sump, you got the money. Thus sump is damaged and he is intitled to the insurance. FedEx did the investigation and you (PseudoBoy) filed the claim...***?.

PsuedoBoy, If you took a loss, that is becuase you cut the losses at the sale, not at the fact the sump was damaged. You are trying to use the insurance money to cover your losses to what reads like a bad sale on you end...that is fraud!

Bottom line is that was Azonic's money

You **** me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!