Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saint Louis Area Saltwater Hobbyists (SLASH)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/31/2007, 11:07 AM
SMBS

Angry Green Penis Weed

OK, tell me this isn't a strange coincidence.

Less than week after visiting Scbadiver's (AKA Mr. Green Penis Weed) house for the Christmas Party my wife noticed a single stalk of GPW in my tank. I plucked it with a tweezers and within two weeks two more stalks grew up in its place! I plucked those two stalks a few weeks ago. Last night I notice that it grew back now three stalks strong.

Just to be clear, I have never had GPW in any of my tanks throughout 8 years in this hobby. Prior to first noticing the GPW I hadn't added a new frag or coral in probably three months. Robbie and I did not trade any frags or anything, I never even put a finger in his tank.

All this has led me to one solid and irrefutable conclusion:

Robbie's whole house is infected with Green Penis Weed!

The evil penis weed has evolved and went airborne! There is no stopping its spread now. The evil penis spores must have settled on my arm just waiting for the next time I put my hand in my tank so they could spread their penis infection to the next host.

But seriously, it there any other way to deal with this stuff? I have no idea where I got it but it doesn't seem to respond to simple pruning. I don't want to see it get out of control.

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."