Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/20/2007, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

What's the easiest pre-packaged nano to upgrade lighting on?

Hey gang,

I have a 10g tank now with an Eclipse twin-light hood (don't laugh). I'm looking to go to a 10-15g BioCube, Aquapod, Nanocube, etc. I'm looking for the best light, without going crazy. I don't need halides (unless the clip-ons MH really are the best way to go). But I don't want a wimpy 5w fluorescent, either.

Which tank setup offers a nice light (stock or mod-able) for zoas, and maybe a few LPS, etc?

Thanks!
Aaron
Old 09/20/2007, 01:44 PM
Nano Reefer

I like my nanocube 12g DX. Its got 48w of PC's stock which is great for my softies/lps. You can also easily upgrade the lights with any of the nanotuners.com kits.
Old 09/20/2007, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

I know you said you didn't need to have MH fixture...but I have one of the JBJ Viper II 150MH clip-on's on my 12g Aquapod at work...I like it a lot. if you keep an eye out on RC and FleaBay you might be able to find one at a good price. I found mine here on RC...think I gave $120 shipped...

Sorry...did read your post close enough I guess...didn't notice the part about which Nano tank also...

Last edited by glalderman; 09/20/2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09/20/2007, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the links to naneturners.com

Looks good.

I also came across the Cad Lights, and that looks nice, with the T5 fixtures. Has anyone put together a list to help people compare all of the pre-packaged nanocubes? Pros and Cons to each?