Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/12/2007, 12:06 AM
Ocean Freak

Acrylic brand

I found a plase here that they fabricate all kind of plastic. including acrylic. but they have a lot of think taht im comfuese. wich brand is better

Acrylic, Lexan®, Lexgard®, Tivar® UHMW- P/E, PVC, Corzan® CPVC, Polyethylene, Proteus® Polypropylene, Nylon, Acetal, Teflon, Phenolics, Vinyl, Polycarbonate Machine Grade, PBT (Polybutylene Terephthalate), King StarBoard®, PET ErtaLite® (Thermoplastic Polyester), Noryl®, PE - UHMW Extrusion (American & European), High Performance Materials, PVDF 740 Grade, Ultem® 1000 PEI, PSO (Polysulfone), Aurum® Polyimide, PPS (Polyphenylene Sulfide), PEEK (Polyetheretherketone), Xenoy®, Isoplast®, Hytrel®, TPX®, Halar®, Ardel®, Ultros® PETG, Nylon 6/6, Kevlar Fiber Filled with PTFE Lubricant, Tivar® H.O.T., PETG, ABS.

wich of this one is teh one used in tanks?
without water" - Sylvia A. Farle, Project Director
Sustainable Seas Expedition

Kenny
Old 04/12/2007, 08:08 AM
Registered Member

Kenny,
In that whole list, not one acrylic brand is listed. Look for one of 3 brand names is if looking for cell cast: Spartech Polycast, Cyro Acrylite GP, and Plexiglas G. If you are wanting extruded, Cyro Acrlyite FF is by far the best IMO.

James
Old 04/12/2007, 01:25 PM
Ocean Freak

ohh this was a list of a company that fabrics plastic and acrylic. Plastic Group Corp &Manufacturing. I don't know if they do there own bran or what. But I know they are the biggest and best factury in teh island.

WHat should I ask them to make shure that I will be getting good quality acrylic?
without water" - Sylvia A. Farle, Project Director
Sustainable Seas Expedition

Kenny
Old 04/12/2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

the 3 listed all have their logo/names all over the paper, so you will know what you get. Just ask for it by name, they should know what your talking about. If they havent heard of those, well then run away, your better off not being there haha.