Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers

Old 05/04/2006, 03:29 PM
RC Admin

Exclamation Please read regarding selling in the So Cal forum

Reef Central has had a standing policy of not allowing non-reef related items to be listed for sale on the forums. This includes simply linking to an Ebay listing, Craigslist, Recycler...etc....This forum has become pretty problematic lately and this place is starting to look like the classifieds ad section of your local newspaper. That is not the intent of this forum.

If it's not reef related, please don't post it.

Thanks.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 05/05/2006, 05:28 PM
Fantasy Coral

For sale............one ex mod that upset the So Cal Reefers by insisting that all FS threads were reef related......

Will be willing to trade for corals!!!

Steve
Old 05/06/2006, 09:47 AM
Rubberman

Re: Please read regarding selling in the So Cal forum

Quote:
Originally posted by mhurley
Reef Central has had a standing policy of not allowing non-reef related items to be listed for sale on the forums. This includes simply linking to an Ebay listing, Craigslist, Recycler...etc....This forum has become pretty problematic lately and this place is starting to look like the classifieds ad section of your local newspaper. That is not the intent of this forum.

Thanks.
Thank you.

SteveU
Old 05/14/2006, 04:22 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
we are the biggest club forum on RC, almost twice as big as the next club...

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 05/14/2006, 06:47 PM
RC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Bebo77
we are the biggest club forum on RC, almost twice as big as the next club...
Minor point of clarification: This is not a club forum...it's a regional forum and one of only a handful that exist on RC.

Old 05/14/2006, 07:12 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
Quote:
Minor point of clarification: This is not a club forum...it's a regional forum and one of only a handful that exist on RC.
true but what i was saying was that this is a very large/ busy forum... with that comes OT threads.. i agree with what you are doing... but i dont want the SoCal reefers to be look at as hooligans by RC and their mods because we have a busy forum with a lot of posting.... i have seen some 'regional' and or 'reef club' forums that have only a couple of posts in the passed 100 days... BORING

i like the fact that there is always someone selling, buying or even posting about their experiences on new or used products and husbandry...

just saying....

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 05/17/2006, 02:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bebo77
true but what i was saying was that this is a very large/ busy forum... with that comes OT threads.. i agree with what you are doing... but i dont want the SoCal reefers to be look at as hooligans by RC and their mods because we have a busy forum with a lot of posting.... i have seen some 'regional' and or 'reef club' forums that have only a couple of posts in the passed 100 days... BORING

i like the fact that there is always someone selling, buying or even posting about their experiences on new or used products and husbandry...

just saying....
Amen my brotha
Old 05/18/2006, 06:29 PM
Rubberman

This forum started up a couple years ago and before that all we had was a thread. That thread would contain all the stuff you see in the forum now but there was no way to organize just a thread. If you didn't keep up with it on a regular basis you could come back to several pages of reading. Just take two days worth of threads from the forum now and shuffle all the replies and that's what we had. RC decided to give us a non-club forum where locals could do, well just do what locals do.

All RC is asking is that we follow the rules that apply in every other forum on RC. This thread was started just to tell everyone that as far as FS threads they MUST be reef related. In case no one noticed there was really no mention of moving non-reef related post off to the RC Lounge were they belong. So I do see some flexibility and concessions being made for us and maybe we should be happy with that and leave it alone.

SteveU
Old 05/22/2006, 09:28 PM
TRC Leader

Thanks for understanding Steve!

Gabriel, as Mike has pointed out, this is not a club forum! It may be a busy place, but you need to remember that this is ReefCentral, and not someone's personal site (as some may think it is). Posting here is a privilege that should provide information to further our understanding of reefkeeping. This is not the recycler, ebay, or garage sale central. There are other places, sites, and web communities that have a place meant for that type of business.

-Ken

MASLAC member
Old 10/15/2006, 11:53 AM
Moved On

Re: Please read regarding selling in the So Cal forum

Quote:

Thanks.
I have a used plastic trashcan that I used for mixing SW for my reef tank. Can I post it FS? Is it reef or non-reef related item.
Same Q regarding posting cameras.

Please define in more detail reef and non-reef items.

Thank you for your time.
Old 04/05/2007, 12:58 AM
Premium Member

Re: Re: Please read regarding selling in the So Cal forum

Quote:
Originally posted by kamilek
I have a used plastic trashcan that I used for mixing SW for my reef tank. Can I post it FS? Is it reef or non-reef related item.
Same Q regarding posting cameras.

Please define in more detail reef and non-reef items.

Thank you for your time.
yea how about the car I drove to the lfs with? and how about the house I keep my reef in? how about the toys my kids threw in the tank?

don't be a troll, if you can't reasonably expect to buy it at an lfs, don't sell it here
Old 04/05/2007, 06:19 AM
RC Admin

Re: Re: Re: Please read regarding selling in the So Cal forum

Quote:
Originally posted by five.five-six
yea how about the car I drove to the lfs with? and how about the house I keep my reef in? how about the toys my kids threw in the tank?

don't be a troll, if you can't reasonably expect to buy it at an lfs, don't sell it here
Do you realize you resurrected a thread that's 6 months old?

Old 04/28/2007, 09:41 AM
RC Staff
American

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please read regarding selling in the So Cal forum

Quote:
Do you realize you resurrected a thread that's 6 months old?

Funny how we come across this old stuff and feel a compulsion to add something to it, even if that something is basically nothing.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....