Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 03:26 PM
OT GODFATHER

OT: RAZR V3m MOD

So our company is ordering some new RAZR V3m corporate phones, and I am trying to figure out a way to disable the camera on the phone due to security policies....

(Drilling a hole into the cam lense may be a last resort option)

I've been using P2k commander but I can't find anything in it to disable the camera. Bitpim will not connect to the razr and P2K tools locks up as soon as I plug the phone into the PC....

Can anyone help???
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 01/08/2008, 03:28 PM
PRoTeCToR oF ALL ReeF ;)

Sharpie my friend
Old 01/08/2008, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Or just scuff the lens beyond use. Just scratch the crap out of it with a little rock.
Old 01/08/2008, 03:33 PM
OT GODFATHER

Yeah, we have already thought of that....but we're trying to do it through software first so as not to void the warranty. Our verizon rep said that either way we do it will void the warranty, but at least if we do it using the software we could return the phone back to it's original state.....
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 01/08/2008, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic47552.html

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/904512-1.html

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=808292

howard forums is the best for anything you want to learn about phones good luck
Old 01/08/2008, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

How about tape. No software glitches, and no damage to void the warranty, and best of all for you...no camera. Everyone's happy
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Fire Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp
Old 01/08/2008, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

Re: OT: RAZR V3m MOD

Quote:
Originally posted by craftytony
So our company is ordering some new RAZR V3m corporate phones, and I am trying to figure out a way to disable the camera on the phone due to security policies....

(
It all depends on the company's policy you are working at.

I also goto many different company's that have Photo policy's, and I can assure you that just by disabling the camera, tape, or a scratch & broken lens won't work.

If you have a camera that works or not, it must be checked at the front security gate.

So before you go and destroy your new phone it's best if you call the company and check first.
Old 01/08/2008, 04:29 PM
OT GODFATHER

Not my phone (phones we will be ordering for our support users)
Old 01/08/2008, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Location: Holiday Inn Express or my AVIS Rental Car (Algonquin on the weekends)
Electrical tape should do the job.

Also the folks over at motomodders should be able to help you out.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

drop some liquid glue on the camera lense; or epoxy maybe.
Old 01/08/2008, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Microsoft is coming out with a Device Manager for Windows Mobile later this year. Not much help to you now, though.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...r/default.mspx
Old 01/08/2008, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

The camera can be removed and inserted fairly easily. This will not void the warranty since only screws hold the housing together.

Remove the rubbers stoppers from the screen and underneath you will find a screw. There are four screws holding the housing to the hinge, you will need a special screw driver for this, almost like a star (T9).

After the screws are removed, pop off the housing and you will see the camera attached to the screen with a cable, simply unplug the camera and then put the phone back together.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:13 AM
OT GODFATHER

yeah, i saw that...that is probably what we'll end up doing if we can't find a software fix...
Old 01/09/2008, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

There is no software fix for it that I know of and I was the PM for RAZR.

look at my profile.
Old 01/09/2008, 02:13 PM
Premium Member

What a pain... they are ordering the phones and you have to disable the cameras. It may seem like a stupid question but why dont they just order a different phone with no camera?