Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 12/03/2007, 09:10 PM
Guardian of Little People

Density of Griss

Very.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 12/03/2007, 09:28 PM
Moved In

Scary!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 12/03/2007, 09:34 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

I agree, Griss is very dense.

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 12/03/2007, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

>1
Old 12/03/2007, 11:07 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

0.95 on the BrianD scale.
Old 12/04/2007, 08:52 AM
RC Mod

Hmmm, what is this thread? A soon to be bannannated list?

"You guys confuse me...." ~ mhurley

"So does Sesame Street." ~ BrianD
Old 12/04/2007, 11:49 AM
in the bathtub

I disagree. If you pour the bacon griss out of the frying pan into a bowl of water it will float. There for it is less dense than water. A curious side effect of this is that the griss believes it is walking on the water. It is best to not dissuade the griss in this belief as it will cause it great psychological trauma and send it into a weeks long bout of introspective hiding.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."
Old 12/04/2007, 11:50 AM
RC Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Man
I disagree. If you pour the bacon griss out of the frying pan into a bowl of water it will float. There for it is less dense than water. A curious side effect of this is that the griss believes it is walking on the water. It is best to not dissuade the griss in this belief as it will cause it great psychological trauma and send it into a weeks long bout of introspective hiding.

How long did it take you to come up with that one my friend?

"You guys confuse me...." ~ mhurley

"So does Sesame Street." ~ BrianD
Old 12/04/2007, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Man
I disagree. If the rendered Griss is indeed less dense than water, then is what remains still more dense? Of course if the rendered Griss is a greater percentage of the overall Griss than indeed the density may be more. There is also the case that once the Griss has been rendered "All that remains are the faces and the names of wives and the sons and the daughters"

Isn't The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald an interesting song by 3-chord Gordie. It has remained a popular song as it is associated with the memory of the sailors. Some sailors, like Popeye eat spinach, I wonder if this can prevent scurvey as can high doses of vitamin C from Citrus. As we all know, Florida and California produce large quantities of produce. As a country, Chile has been a large exporter of produce to the US so we can have a year round supply at resonable prices.

Time for lunch.
Old 12/04/2007, 12:20 PM
in the bathtub

Quote:
Originally posted by Orchids
I disagree. If the rendered Griss is indeed less dense than water, then is what remains still more dense? Of course if the rendered Griss is a greater percentage of the overall Griss than indeed the density may be more. There is also the case that once the Griss has been rendered "All that remains are the faces and the names of wives and the sons and the daughters"

Isn't The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald an interesting song by 3-chord Gordie. It has remained a popular song as it is associated with the memory of the sailors. Some sailors, like Popeye eat spinach, I wonder if this can prevent scurvey as can high doses of vitamin C from Citrus. As we all know, Florida and California produce large quantities of produce. As a country, Chile has been a large exporter of produce to the US so we can have a year round supply at resonable prices.

Time for lunch.
You forgot the combined roles of the differential heating and cooling of the earth and the Coriolis effect.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."
Old 12/04/2007, 01:45 PM
Premium Member

I didn't forget them, I just thought it would be too deep for this crowd.

Time for coffee.