Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/30/2007, 11:27 PM
Medieval French Monkey

I'm so sorry, Charlene. You've been a pillar of strength through all of this and an inspiration to so many. God bless. And yes, there is another angel in heaven tonight.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:28 PM
Registered Member

Oh Nina- I am sorry to hear but I am glad he passed away peacefully with his most loved one at his side. We should all be so lucky.

You are in my prayers.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:29 PM
Registered Member

So sorry to hear this Nina, but I'm glad you were together and that you can both be at peace now. I'm sure Gary knew you were there and felt it was a good time to go. Take care of yourself and Nana now.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:37 PM
2/08 HB first show

a sad day indeed.. much love, Amber

A person can solve a lot of problems by FIRST using a QT tank.. QT all new fish.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:45 PM
Moved In

Oh Nina, I'm sorry.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 11/30/2007, 11:45 PM
Team RC Member

To have such a gentle passing, surrounded by so much love, is a wonderful gift, Nina. You called everything right. Hugs. You're in the thoughts of very, very many people.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:49 PM
WTMRAC Bean Counter

Oh Nina.....

So Sorry......

More hugs.....

Glad Gary's pain is over but am very sorry for your loss.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:54 PM
All will be well.

Sorry for your loss!
Old 11/30/2007, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

I just know Gary felt safe making this transition with you by his side. The fact that you were asleep when it happened makes me feel like there are angels watching over you, and they have no doubt welcomed Gary with open arms and carried him to the place from where love originates. In your sadness, remember the blessings. That you were able to be by his side for so long, and at the time when he crossed to the next place, is a gift to you both. Soar forever through the skies of Heaven, Gary. You were an inspiration while you were here, and you will not be forgotten.
Old 12/01/2007, 12:28 AM
Premium Member

it is good that gary passed with the one he loved most. travel well gary

Jack
Old 12/01/2007, 12:46 AM
Shai Dorsai!

Nina, I am so sorry. Your strength through this has been amazing.

-Andy
Old 12/01/2007, 01:08 AM
Premium Member

Goodnight Gary, God bless you. I believe there is a beautiful place beyond this world, filled with everything that every person has ever loved. It's a place where no one wants for anything and there is no pain. I believe with all my heart that there is a place there for you Gary, and I think they've probably saved you a prime spot.

Nina, you are an angel here on earth. Gary was a wonderful man, and he couldn't have had a more loving partner. The way you care for him is absolutely transparent in every post, and nobody could have asked for better care. Know that you are supported, and you're in all our prayers.
Old 12/01/2007, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

Oh Nina, you lost so much, your best friend, the person you confide in, the person you trusted with all your heart, I'm so sorry Nina, we can't be that for you but the collective bunch of us can hold you up, Nina, we are holding you don't forget that. Gary is still holding you too Nina, but I know that you know that. That comes with that special love. No one can take that away from you.
Old 12/01/2007, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

Oh Nina....I am so sorry for your loss!!!!

I believe a part of Gary will always be with you, a love like you two have is never ending!!!! Love, and prayers are being sent out from my home to yours!!!

Erin
Old 12/01/2007, 02:11 AM
That's Mind Bottling !

Gary.......go now into Heaven.....into the loving arms of your Creator and Savior.

Find peace there.....and take comfort in knowing that the ones that you have left here will love you always and think of you with a smile on their faces !

Because of who you are....you brought joy to your bride and she will be yours forever.

Because of who you are....she brought joy to our lives and we will love her forever.

Thank you Gary for the strength and conviction of character that you kept throughout your life....and even in leaving us; you did so in a way that only a kind, gentleman would.

God bless you and keep you close to His Throne, Gary....and now REJOICE for you are in the place that all will envy and aspire to be.

Nina......we love you !

I look at her with my head tilted to the side and in a soft voice I just say; You're so pretty !
Old 12/01/2007, 02:11 AM
Registered pineapple

God bless you both
Old 12/01/2007, 02:22 AM
Did I do that?

I'm so sorry for your loss Nina! I pray that God gives you the strength to keep your chin held high. Your a great woman and I know that Gary must have treasured you. Rest in Peace Gary!
Old 12/01/2007, 06:07 AM
i'm here for you two

nina what can I say that hasn't been said already, he was very fortunate enough to have his loved one by his side when he finally passed on to a better place, it's tough to type when crying right now it really is. Just know that you can call me anytime you like if you get my voice mail leave a message and I'll call you right back.

Hugs for you and your family we all love you and you have been an inspiration for us all,

rest in peace gary we love you

A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around! "Cap'n jack sparrow"
Old 12/01/2007, 06:13 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Love, hugs and prayers Nina,
Love, hugs and prayers.

Too old for women to care
Old 12/01/2007, 07:06 AM
Premium Member

I'm sorry. May you find the strength to make it through these next few days.
Old 12/01/2007, 07:14 AM
Reeferus Horribilus

Oh Nina, my heart goes out to you today. So sorry for your loss. But in a way, so happy that you and Gary had this perfect of passings. Oh I know it is a terrible vigil, I've sat it a few times, but you two were able to live and love to the last. Gary was surrounded by love as he prepared to leave, and you were there for him as he let go of your hand and this world to start his new journey.

I so wish there was something I could do or say that would ease your pain, but there isn't. These next few days and weeks will be sad and difficult. But I believe you will find that the part of Gary that set up residence in your heart and soul lives on. That is, to me, the higher form of immortality that someone who was able to live and love as Gary did achieves.

God bless you and comfort you Nina.
Old 12/01/2007, 07:26 AM
Touch me...Love me

Very sorry Nina....

SBC

it'll make a turd - Minuteman

This thread is just about to be closed - Anemone
Old 12/01/2007, 07:33 AM
On "The List"

I am so sorry for your loss, and glad that you two spend these last days together surrounded by family
rest in peace gary
live with your loving memories nina

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 12/01/2007, 07:35 AM
On "The List"

maybe the slow passing was the building dept in heaven was taking their sweet time issuing a permit for gary's first project up there

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 12/01/2007, 07:35 AM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1261872