Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 01/07/2008, 02:52 AM
Registered Member

my simple 15g tank

simple tank, no light , no skrimmer , only simple fliter with a 12-15w pump.

the tank set up at Aug.2007.

fliter area

Old 01/07/2008, 02:56 AM
Registered Member

the fish I added when the tank set up.

many people said these fish would die soon in so simple and small tank. I didn't believe. And now, they live in the tank more than 4 month.
Old 01/07/2008, 03:00 AM
Registered Member

the picture of fish in Nov.2007 when the tank set up 2 months later.

Old 01/07/2008, 03:19 AM
Registered Member

the tank was broken.I repaired it and buy a same new one. But the new tank has some problem, I have to use the older repared tank now. maybe I will change to use the new tank when the problem is solved. But now it is winter,it is too dangerous for fish to change tank.

the picture of fish now 01/07/2008

Old 01/07/2008, 03:28 AM
Registered Member

And now I buy a new fish. some kind of tang. I don't know it's English name. who knows?

Old 01/07/2008, 03:33 AM
Registered Member

I wouldn't keep that tang in a 15 gallon tank. It need something MUCH bigger.

great, now I'm a member of the tang police, too
Old 01/07/2008, 03:56 AM
Registered Member

you really need a bigger tank......im talking 90 gals and up for the 2 huge fish you got in there.....the clown and damsels should be fine in a 15gal, but not the other 2
Old 01/07/2008, 04:01 AM
Registered Member

a tang in a 15 gal tank? that's cruel!

how many fish are you stocking also?

Old 01/07/2008, 05:25 AM
Registered Member

two tangs and a clam???????????????

im glad im not a tang in that tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01/07/2008, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Thank god I'm not a fish and are captive to your lousy attention to the sizes of these fish and their needs. Very irresponsible. You get ready for a fight as small as a 15 gal is you have two strong herbivores( who both SHOULD get to be around 9in.) who will begin fighting each other for you. Very disappointed.
Old 01/07/2008, 07:58 AM
What next???

If you truly have all these fishes in such small tank, then you are plain and simple an idiot...
Old 01/07/2008, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

does nobody else remember that this guy ALWAYS posts this?
Old 01/07/2008, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by REDDAWG43
If you truly have all these fishes in such small tank, then you are plain and simple an idiot...

If you truly read the whole thread,then you can know the rabbitfish live in the tank more than 4 months.
Old 01/07/2008, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

Well, that's good the rabbitfish has survived, but it doesn't mean that it's happy or healthy. If you ask me, I think your fish load in a 15 gallon tank is downright insane. One could even go so far as to call it cruel...

Hofstadter's Law -
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Old 01/07/2008, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jonathanws
does nobody else remember that this guy ALWAYS posts this?
I posted this tank on another forum when it was just set up last year. Maybe you had gone to Nano-reef and read my thread. Maybe you had objected to my tank in Nano-reef,but now ,the fish live more than 4 months which you had said they couldn't live long. Now I buy a new fish , I update my thread on the Nano-reef,welcome to read and reply,hehe!

Today ,I find this new forum. so I come here and post my tank! welcome to read and reply too,hehe!

Last edited by Fish.Nemo; 01/07/2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01/07/2008, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

somebody should lock you in jail for 4 months and we shall see...
Old 01/07/2008, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by filippo
somebody should lock you in jail for 4 months and we shall see...
Quote:
Originally posted by mathias999us
Well, that's good the rabbitfish has survived, but it doesn't mean that it's happy or healthy. If you ask me, I think your fish load in a 15 gallon tank is downright insane. One could even go so far as to call it cruel...
Sorry,I don't want to answer the questions about "small tank","happy or unhappy","healthy or un healthy","cruel","survived" etc.

Because these words had already appeared on my thread which I posted on the Nano-reef last year. I had answered these question there last year. If any one have these question, you can go to nano-reef and read my thread there.

Last edited by Fish.Nemo; 01/07/2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Yes... it can rotate around in place and eat.

Hofstadter's Law -
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

so wait..

my count is

2 blue damsels
1 three stripe damsel
1 clown
1 rabbitfish
1 tang???
Old 01/07/2008, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mathias999us
Yes... it can rotate around in place and eat.
Does your big fish( just like big tang or big angle) do anything else in your tank ? rotate around the tank and eat, that's all big fish's life in our tank.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

This guy obviously has no common sense. Either that or he doesn't know anything about where these fish come from...THE OCEAN! He doesn't want to listen to anyone's reasoning. We should all just ignore him and hopefully he'll wake up and get a clue.
His english is pretty poor so perhaps some one could explain to him in his native language how stupid it is to put that many large fish in a tiny little glass bucket!
Old 01/07/2008, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

hi,
i think everyone here is abit shocked at how many fish are in your little tank,hence the replies...I know I have made mistakes in the past,but you really need to research the fish you want/like before you buy them!I like www.liveaquaria.com to check the needs of the fish I want.For example here are links to two of the fish you have in there:

Powder Brown Tanghttp://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=367

and the FoxFace
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...pcatid=687&N=0

I agree with you that both are very beautiful fish but consider that between them they grow to roughly 20 inches(round about 40cm,together)
You should really consider the fact that your tank is too small for such large fish!Perhaps they have lived in your tank for 4 months but large fish sometimes take a long time to succumb to death...These particular fish need ALOT of space to swim and be happy and healthy.
As for the damsels they are very aggressive and on the whole do not do well with each other or many other fish for that matter,unless you have a large tank(maybe 55g or larger)
As for the clam generally they require alot of light and feeding to keep them alive.If you are going to install lights soon then fine but otherwise you might want to think about it!check this site out,lots of good info on clams

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume...otTridacna.htm

I don't know what your experience with marine tanks is, but all i can advice you is read,read,read.The more you research and find out the better you're tank will do and the more fulfillment you will receive from this hobby
How often do you do water changes?what are the parameters in your tank?all these can be helpful if you require some guidance or opinions on your setup!
I also noted that you do not have a heater.do you live in a hot country?i come from Greece and in the summer not only do i NOT need a heater i need a chiller LOL.Most if not all marine life require warm water to live in,anything around 25c is great but any lower than 24c is dangerous.
I am sure you are trying to set something beautiful up and trying to enjoy this hobby as much as everyone else here!I am just worries that you don't have all the info on the organisms you are keeping and you could end up with a tank full of dead fish,and i believe you do not want that!So please take everything i have said a friendly advice and suggestions.
I am not here to grill you for any mistakes you might have made but to offer advice from my own experiences...if you want it.
3x24w t5 luminare(2x14K marine white,1xactinic)
V2 400 skimmer
Old 01/07/2008, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbrusletto
so wait..

my count is

2 blue damsels
1 three stripe damsel
1 clown
1 rabbitfish
1 tang???
good! In fact ,there was another fish(you can find it from one of my picture) in the tank. But I gave it to my friend who was just set up a new tank and wanted an old healthy fish as the first fish in his tank.

So, luckly you are right!
Old 01/07/2008, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

as a note:
hatfielj:
i agree and disagree with you man!the dude is trying to make something and going about it in a very wrong way IMO. Should we not try,as responsible reefers, to guide him and support him in creating a healthy and beautiful tank?
But surely if we call him names and grill him he just wont come back and carry on doing what he is doing....
3x24w t5 luminare(2x14K marine white,1xactinic)
V2 400 skimmer
Old 01/07/2008, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hatfielj
Either that or he doesn't know anything about where these fish come from...THE OCEAN!
haha! another guy come from Nano-reef. glad too meet you again but I don't want to discuss with you again who know nothing except low density.

If anyone have these questions, you can go to Nano-reef and read my thread.