Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers

Old 07/29/2007, 01:47 AM
Moved On

I would do something, they dont look good? I cant say i have ever seen star polyps suffer like that?? That is really odd, have they always been like that or did they go downhill since you got them?
Old 07/29/2007, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

They looked good for a long time and then they just closed up. I fraged while they were closed, then it took a turn for the worst.

I dipped them before I fragged, could this have hurt them in any way? I used "reef dip."

I'm broke!
Old 07/29/2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

I'm going to try to get another pic. This one is just terrible.

Polyps are coming back out (very thinly spaced), but still looks brittle. ???

I'm broke!
Old 07/29/2007, 12:20 PM
Moved On

I have never dipped stars so i dont know how they react to it. Mine close up sometimes for a week at a time but they never look alge covered and bad like that.
Old 07/29/2007, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

i will get another pic

I'm broke!
Old 07/30/2007, 03:10 AM
Moved On

My GSP that i glued to my back glass fell off!

I dropped the water level down and took a razor to the area and removed the coraline and then i dried it with a towel, dried the frag off and glued again. I really like the look of the op's patch, im not giving up that easy. The frag was still good and healthy laying on top of my rockwork, i think maybe a snail knocked it off. It might sound silly but i cant wait till it spreads out, i love the look of it.
Old 07/31/2007, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

I love GSP! I just started my RedSea Max and got everything setup on Saturday, I purchased a bunch of LR and at the time didn't even notice it but i had gotten away with some GSP on one of my new rocks! It is already spreading and opening so nice! I treated the tank with some PurpleUp, to add some needed iodine, and i have already seen some growth since Saturday, we started with about 15-17 polyps open to now about 25-30 open!
Old 07/31/2007, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Old 07/31/2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Cool. It is always nice to get "free stuff."

I'm broke!