Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/27/2005, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy lost shipment

well, here it goes.today we worked a half day for the holiday.i had ordered some corrals from live aquaria to arrive today at my job. so i stuck around work two hours waiting for my shipment.after a while i decided to give fed-ex a call, to see where my corrals were.they said they were in indiana,great i live in south carolina.they said that they missed my package.so know i wont receive them until tue. i called liveaquaria and they got fed-ex to ship them to me to receive sat.so here i was all happy waiting for my corrals and there they are in indiana.im glad i called because i would still be at work waiting.know i have to see whats going to survive. my order includeds a purple plate,red brain,devil hand,spaghetti finger, yellow gorgonian and great the yellow cup leather. i think the cup is a goner.so what do you think will survive?i know its hard to say, but does anyone have any advice for me for tommorow.
Old 05/27/2005, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Live Aquaria has a 14 day guarantee (http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/g...3175&subref=AI) so there isn't too much to worry about other than feeling bad for some dying coral
Old 05/28/2005, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

It's too late now, but anyone who is expecting a FedEx shipment that has not arrived within 15 minutes of the time it was due (10:30 or 3) should call FedEx immediately. Also be aware that the shipper can exert more pressure on FedEx than the recipient. It's also a good idea not to purchase for shipment on Friday. Your corals may be OK. I've bought a lot from LiveAquaria; they honor their guarantee.
Old 05/28/2005, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

It's too late now, but anyone who is expecting a FedEx shipment that has not arrived within 15 minutes of the time it was due (10:30 or 3) should call FedEx immediately. Also; LiveAquaria probably sent you the tracking number, which would have made it easy to figure out that it was lost early in the process. FedEx packages normally arrive in the recipient's town or nearest FedEx distribution center and go on the truck before 9:00 am. Also be aware that the shipper can exert more pressure on FedEx than the recipient. It's also a good idea not to purchase for shipment on Friday. Mistakes happen but all in all, FedEx is good. I think I've only had 2 shipments get misplaced out of around 150 packages of corals that I've shipped to my eBay customers. Your corals may be OK. I've bought a lot from LiveAquaria; they honor their guarantee.
Old 05/28/2005, 01:09 AM
Just some guy, You know?

I would not wory too much, corals can be quite hardy, I know people that have bought corals (sps, LPS and softies) then drove from vegas to arizona without a cooler and no ac (in their car) in the summer, when they got home the temp of the water was 130,... the corals going into a good home survived, and although they showed very little life for the first day came back by the 3rd day in the tank.

If they don't show life in the first week, make sure you cash in on the garontee, but if they come back after the first couple of days I would not worry.

Whiskey
Old 05/28/2005, 10:14 AM
10 & Over Club

Typical livestock packing is supposed to be sufficient for 48 hours. While that certainly is pushing the limits, it is not unreasonable to expect a fairly high survival rate on your corals.

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)
Old 05/28/2005, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy

i went to fed-ex today my package is on a truck from indiana.they said it would arrive about midnight.so i wont be able to get it untill tue.i caled liveaquaria there going to give me a knew package.there going to ship tue to arrive wed morning.i feel bad for the corrals.
Old 05/28/2005, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I don't blame you... That's a tuff one there g.t , the only good thing is that they are going to ship you out another package... Still doesn't make you feel any better though, I'm sure... Sounds like it is definately FedEx's fault though...

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 05/28/2005, 07:57 PM
Premium Member

When that old box comes, I don't even think I would open it. the smell is gonna make you barf.
Old 05/28/2005, 09:20 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Open it right in front of the Fedex guy and say: See this? This is what happens when you guys don't get it there when it has to absolutely, positively, be there overnight. Then hand it back to him.
Old 05/28/2005, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

A few weeks ago I ordered a bunch of Zoos, I payed for Overnight. Somehow it ended up in the 'ground pile' and spent the night sitting in the first location.
Old 05/28/2005, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: lost shipment

hey you work at fedex too sweet.
Old 05/28/2005, 09:48 PM
Shai Dorsai!

I'd open it anyway to see what lived. There is always a chance.
Old 05/28/2005, 11:05 PM
green Diplo bluemouths

Ive had this happen twice in a week. Ive had Ashby aquatics send my some phyto feast. It was supposed to come next day priority with usps. Well, let me tell you. someone down at the local post office will catch a wonderful wiff soon. They didnt deliver and havent seen it yet. Ashyby sent me a new package and it came one day later like it was supposed to. Would love to be a fly on the wall on tues also. I had a shipment of leather coming next day usps. Well it was supposed to be here yesterday. I didnt get a sticker on my door saying someone has a package and waited here pretty much all day. Well I had a wedding this am so I was thinking what if they drop the package today. Hope its not too cold out. No, they leave their standard note saying they tried to drop and no one was home. Ok, so now ill have a nasty coral waiting on tuesday. Im going down there and reaming them but good come tuesday.
Old 05/29/2005, 11:33 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy

well,i hope my next order is on time.i would like to open my package in front of the driver who delivers,but its not there fault.i wish fed-ex would know how important some of these packages are.once they screwed up twice in a one week peroid to the same person .ups is a little ruffer with there packages but they get the package there on time.i hope that im not starting a war with are shippers.i understand that duddie happens.thanks everyone for your replys
Old 05/29/2005, 11:37 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Isn't the driver part of the whole picture? He works for Fedex, right? Show him how his co-worker's screw ups make a bad name for him as well.