Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 01/11/2008, 01:28 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crzy_pig
Does anyone have a plan\idea for a sump\refuge that will fit in RSM standard stand?
Go to my gallery. There is a schematic with measurements and pictures of the finished product in place. LMK if you have questions.

Oh...and Fluke Tabs will get rid of that xenia problem you have.
Old 01/11/2008, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Spike Fin Goby?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hodge
My not so local LFS has a few of these guys in stock and the wife really likes it. Hopefully they still have one in stock today and I can surprise the wife with her very own fish. The ones in stock are a nice size (1.5") and a decent price compared to anywhere else I've seen.
Hodge-

Is this the same fish? A Spike Fin Goby? Looks like the photo you posted has a different name. Hope your able to get one for less than $ 100.00 !

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4
Old 01/11/2008, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

lpsluver -- Thank you!!
Old 01/11/2008, 02:42 PM
Premium Member

You're welcome. Will talk to you on Monday.

Edit: look to marinedesignsystems for the sump. Owners name is Manny. Mention my name (Bob).
Old 01/11/2008, 02:44 PM
Genuine reef addict

NaCl-H2O - that Spike Fin Goby you posted, being 1/4 inch long, would be a quick $99 meal for whichever of my fish got to it first! that isn't much bigger than the Mysis I feed.
Old 01/11/2008, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Reefmack -

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefmack
NaCl-H2O - that Spike Fin Goby you posted, being 1/4 inch long, would be a quick $99 meal for whichever of my fish got to it first! that isn't much bigger than the Mysis I feed.
Reefmack -
I'm not paying $99 for any fish.... unless it's 10lbs of sushi grade Tuna Belly! That's why I was curious and asked... heck, a hermit crab could probably do in a 1/4" fish!
Old 01/11/2008, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

I have a 1/2" red stripe goby http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...fm?pCatId=1728 he has been a great citizen of my 40 and the many hermits and two tangs have left him be. Man this thread is really moving. Reefmack you should sell advertising in the thread
Old 01/11/2008, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

My newest addition a 1 1/4 " goldstrip maroon clown and finally my other RBTA moves out front where you can see it.[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG] Also bought a neet ricordia.[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
Old 01/11/2008, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Sorry I did not realize that I spelled neat wrong until it was too late.
Old 01/11/2008, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Sorry the picture is blurry here is a better one[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
Old 01/11/2008, 04:43 PM
Professional Obfuscator

Pretty!!!
Old 01/11/2008, 04:53 PM
Genuine reef addict

mbdave - the advertising idea sounds great but i don't think the mods would approve. I know what you mean about this thread moving so fast. There are times I'm almost afraid to post - if I reply to anything it's usually been answered by the time my "hunt & peck" message is typed. And the answers are usually better than mine anyway LOL.

(sitting here wondering if NaCl+H2O Fish has started filling his tank yet)

abyall - nice clown and RBTA. nice multicolored Ric too.
Old 01/11/2008, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

(sitting here wondering if NaCl+H2O Fish has started filling his tank yet)

Me too. This thread averages 2 pages a day. A split every 20 days

Reefmack. You may want to put all the different mods to the RSM at the RSM website. I bet it would be easier to manage and to provide an easy link for you. Plus people would visit the website and post their tanks too. No I am not volunteering to do it

Marty
Old 01/11/2008, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

NaCl+H2O Fish,

The fish I ordered is listed as "Discordipinna griessingeri". I guess there are a few different common names. I was told the fish I'm getting is approx 3cm long.

I'm not too worried about the other fish in my tank, they're all quite peaceful. My Emerald crab is probably the nastiest thing in my tank.

PS, If my wife is happy, then it was $78 well spent.

Last edited by Hodge; 01/11/2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01/11/2008, 05:28 PM
Genuine reef addict

Marty - you're now the official record keeper and thread analyzer! Sorry, but no pay LOL. Good point on the RSM reefers site, but I'd never have time to get it all together. I'm lucky to just to keep up with this crazy thread! Plus, I can't edit the reefers site - it would just put the workload on Michael. Some mods are on there, but only a few. The complex mods would require explanation from the "modder", plus pictures, as I can't explain the detail on some of them. I'll give it some thought though. If everybody had a blog they could post the mods & pics themselves, but only a few have wanted blogs. I haven't even done well keeping up with mine. the other option is for people to get a reef central blog, post their mods in there and just direct people to it. Unfortunately we can't direct them to Michael's site - not allowed here anymore
Old 01/11/2008, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Quote:
Originally posted by mbdave
I have a 1/2" red stripe goby http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...fm?pCatId=1728 he has been a great citizen of my 40 and the many hermits and two tangs have left him be.
mbdave-

Now that's more like it..... still a bit pricey but a very attractive little guy! I'm thinking the trick here is to make them the FIRST fish addition so he can establish a 'safe home' area in the tank's LR before other, possibly more aggressive fish are introduced....

Hey Everyone.... I have to earn a living! But I am just now starting to produce RO/DI water and will post some pix when my wife returns from
a NYC business trip with the better digital camera....

Last edited by NaCl+H2O Fish; 01/11/2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01/11/2008, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
NaCl+H2O Fish,

The fish I ordered is listed as "Discordipinna griessingeri". I guess there are a few different common names. I was told the fish I'm getting is approx 3cm long.

I'm not too worried about the other fish in my tank, they're all quite peaceful. My Emerald crab is probably the nastiest thing in my tank.

PS, If my wife is happy, then it was $78 well spent.
If she loves this fish.... and is supportive of your RSM, then you are a very lucky man to have married her! A beautiful 'living' gift for your wife!
Old 01/11/2008, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

NaCl+H2O Fish,

My wife bought me the RSM for my birthday. I'm a lucky guy.
Old 01/11/2008, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

I just purchased a RSM, set up the tank with no major problems, filled the tank, salt and had it goin fine for about a week until the day before i was going to buy the Live rock". Lights went dead, completely. No fan, or moonlight working either so most likely an electrical issue. I advised my LFS about this which immediately gave me another hood from an unopened RSM.

However the problem with this hood is that the T5 bulbs never went on, moonlight and fans are ok and are working against the timer but not the daylight. I have tried to see if the problem was with the T5 bulbs but sadly 2 new T5´s with the right socket didnt want to bring some light into the problem either. I have tried every single combination of the switches (the 3-point switch on the timer together with the actual timer and the switch next to it) to see if ive done a huge missunderstanding but no luck there either. i have checked 4 times that the bulbs are connecting with the sockets as well.

Only thing i can think of is that the bulbs are still not connecting, so my question is, how far in are the bulbs supposed to be to connect with the sockets? is the 1 small click you can hear when they are put in place enough? it says in the manual "A small amount of force may be required". Well i dont want to break the bulbs either and they arent going nowhere after the "first click".

Heres how far in the bulbs are if any1 would be so nice to compare

Last edited by Millhouse2; 01/11/2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01/11/2008, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
NaCl+H2O Fish,

My wife bought me the RSM for my birthday. I'm a lucky guy.
You certainly are a lucky guy my friend.... She is definitely a special lady and an obvious keeper! Let us know how she likes her new goby.
Old 01/11/2008, 09:01 PM
Excuse My French...

Millhouse2:

One click is enough to plug the lights, if I remember well.

I think the problem is more likely that the either the timer is dead, or badly connected. That happened to me.
Old 01/11/2008, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crzy_pig
Does anyone have a plan\idea for a sump\refuge that will fit in RSM standard stand?
I had a sump made up. 21WX17DX18H with 3 antibubble baffles. I'm really happy with it.

Here's a link to a picture of it from earlier in this thread.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5#post11488015
Old 01/11/2008, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

My RO/DI came and I got it set up in the basement with a mixing station. I also started using red sea salt again, I made a batch yesterday and did a water change today. I finally decided to just turn the skimmer off and delve into the sump thing next week. No more MB!!!
Old 01/11/2008, 11:08 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reefsr4me
My RO/DI came and I got it set up in the basement with a mixing station. I also started using red sea salt again, I made a batch yesterday and did a water change today. I finally decided to just turn the skimmer off and delve into the sump thing next week. No more MB!!!
What mods, if any, have you done to the tank? Most of the people have been able to eliminate the micro bubble issue.

Marty