Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/31/2007, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

so how many did you get?

so far i've had about a dozen beasts & ghouls come by. we still have an hour or so left.

Old 10/31/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

We had ours last week- we went through about 11 bags of kit-kats, snickers- reeses pb cups- we had fun though... hubby was home and he enjoyed it tooo...

Christy...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 10/31/2007, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

0 with a half mile driveway no ones willing too... I woulda sat at the end of the driveway.. but the only thing i could see outside were some cows

-Had to find some higher ground, had some fear to get around-
Old 10/31/2007, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

we skipped and took marek to my grandma's. Last year we had 450-500
Old 10/31/2007, 08:42 PM
Moved In

Gee, I actually had 5. Hundreds downtown tho. I think I saw Aliie trick or treating. She was in a penquin costume anyway.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 10/31/2007, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
Gee, I actually had 5. Hundreds downtown tho. I think I saw Aliie trick or treating. She was in a penquin costume anyway.

could have been her, ya just never know bout' them crazy arse penguins...

Christy...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 10/31/2007, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

I had 3 - vamp, a witch and a teenager ..........

they hit the doorbell on a house with no lights on, no nothing on. I mean this is a small town but even here there are people you don't want to knock on thier door when a light is on much less no lights

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 10/31/2007, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

2 teenage girls, three little kids. I was disappointed. Not like it used to be. I'm glad I purposely bought candy I don't like
Old 10/31/2007, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

OAHH You don't want to know what kind of costume that knock at my front door and 6 X 5lbs bag asst. candy that is almost gone
Old 10/31/2007, 09:10 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

About 43 - which is normal
About 9 drunk teenagers

I'll be shutting things down shortly
Old 10/31/2007, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

I only got about 50 this year which really surprised me since it was nice out, no rain, no snow, about 60.

I used to get about 250 but the neighborhood has grown up and moved on. We're just starting to get young families back again. I love the little ones.

We pretty much have an unwritten rule in our neighborhood. TOT from 6:00 until 8:00-8:30. If a light is off, you don't knock.

I don't mind the teenagers. I know most of them and they're usually not any trouble. If I asked them what they were dressed as, they all responded "Skaters" or "Teenagers"

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 10/31/2007, 10:38 PM
Touch me...Love me

67 kids this year....down from 73 last year. No drunk teenagers this year...what a bummer.

SBC

it'll make a turd - Minuteman

This thread is just about to be closed - Anemone
Old 10/31/2007, 11:17 PM
Premium Member

About 100 here. Up a bit from past two years. I caught about 30 looking under the blinds at the tanks. I guess you can see that blue glow a mile away.
Old 10/31/2007, 11:30 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

0 , in 20 years haven't gotten a single one, hmmmmppphhh! I guess the whole living 20 miles from civilization puts a damper on the trick or treaters.

Which was alright since we went out to dinner with a friend and ate entirely too much anyway

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 10/31/2007, 11:57 PM
Touch me...Love me

Quote:
Originally posted by Philwd
. I caught about 30 looking under the blinds at the tanks.
I had 3 kids ask if they could come inside and look at my tanks. Also had a few ask if they could pet my dogs....darn kids

SBC

it'll make a turd - Minuteman

This thread is just about to be closed - Anemone
Old 11/01/2007, 12:21 AM
Premium Member

less and less people celebrate it each year the only two houses in my hood that were nice the people were 75 and older they know what it used to be like now it is not how much candy you get it is the number of eggs you throw

Jack
Old 11/01/2007, 05:06 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

We had at least a couple of hundred. We dress up and probably a dozen or so kids were too scared to come up to the porch to get candy from me. My son was great last nite. He was either in the bushes or in the pile of leaves in front of the tombstones with his bloodied arm sticking out. Then he would reach out and try to grab people yelling "Candy - I want Candy"

And all police, fire dept and EMS are out so we always make sure to give some candy to those folks when the cruise by.

Too old for women to care
Old 11/01/2007, 05:23 AM
Eternally Discombobulated

Didn't really keep count but judging by how we were giving out candy I'd say 60 or 70. It was odd having it be so light outside for the first half of trick-or-treat. Stupid time change.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 11/01/2007, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

My Dad shut everything down at bout 7:30 when the 8th or 9th unknown mini-van pulled up witha full load of kids. We have a very small neighborhood, there are maybe 10 little ones. My Dad said that there was one mini-van that would drive up to the front of the house, the beachballs with legs would waddle to the door, go back to the van and get driven to the next house. When did it become ok to drive kids around to unknown neighborhoods? The only time I ever went to a different area was when someone was having a party, and then we walked around. If I had asked to be driven around, my parents would have flipped.
Old 11/01/2007, 08:53 AM
I'm smooth and creamy.

Didn't get a single one. Granted I didn't get home until 7:30, so I think that they were pretty much done. Plus once I got home I cleaned one of the tanks, and couldn't hear the doorbell.
Old 11/01/2007, 08:56 AM
Where the future begins!

We had one pair of children And it's only because I asked their Dad to bring them by when he picked them up.

I even had carved pumpkins set out, and lots of lights on. I'm not sure why we get no kids because I know there are a few in the neighbourhood, and most of their parents know us pretty well.

I fear we are the scary house on the block.
Do evil in return."

“Those things that nature denied to human sight, she revealed to the eyes of the soul.”
Old 11/01/2007, 09:35 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by english83
My Dad shut everything down at bout 7:30 when the 8th or 9th unknown mini-van pulled up witha full load of kids. We have a very small neighborhood, there are maybe 10 little ones. My Dad said that there was one mini-van that would drive up to the front of the house, the beachballs with legs would waddle to the door, go back to the van and get driven to the next house. When did it become ok to drive kids around to unknown neighborhoods? The only time I ever went to a different area was when someone was having a party, and then we walked around. If I had asked to be driven around, my parents would have flipped.
You must be lucky! I thought it was normal to drive to different neighborhoods to trick or treat. Way I've always seen it done.

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 11/01/2007, 09:53 AM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by dinoman
You must be lucky! I thought it was normal to drive to different neighborhoods to trick or treat. Way I've always seen it done.
Same here dino.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 11/01/2007, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Yeah every year the soccer moms round here get together and make an attack plan and compare notes on the best neighborhoods for TOTing

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 11/01/2007, 10:07 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Too old for women to care