Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 01:06 AM
Registered Member

colorful coco worms

hey guys i am considering putting a large red and white coco worm in my tank. are they just like any other coco worm or are they not as hardy. will it live in my aquarium more than a year or longer or is it just like a flame scalop which will live only 6mths at the max? thxs guys
Old 01/06/2008, 03:00 AM
Registered Member

bump..
Old 01/06/2008, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

coco worms are pretty hard to keep.. if i can remember i think they need near perfect water conditions, also need alot of nutrients in the water, they eat alot, so try target feeding them too.
Old 01/06/2008, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

IVE HAD A RED AND WHITE COCO WORM FOR 4 MONTHS NOW NO PROBLEMS THUS FAR EVERY 2 DAYS I DELUTE A COUPLE DROPS OF BIO PLANKTON AND ADD IT TO MY TANK.......
Old 01/07/2008, 12:30 AM
Premium Member

Well I bought one a little over 15 months ago and about six months ago he popped his top. I thought he was a gonner but he slowly came back until about three weeks ago and he just disappeared.

I was changing the tank around today I couldn't see him in his shell at all so i thought he was gone. I broke his shell open about 1/3 down and sure enough he was gone.

I set the shell out on a counter and after FIVE hours I decided to show my friend and I broke the remaining piece open at about 1/2 and WHOA, he was there and alive. I put him back into tank but I don't have high hopes.

I'll report back if interested.
Old 01/07/2008, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brians4671
IVE HAD A RED AND WHITE COCO WORM FOR 4 MONTHS NOW NO PROBLEMS THUS FAR EVERY 2 DAYS I DELUTE A COUPLE DROPS OF BIO PLANKTON AND ADD IT TO MY TANK.......
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS YELL AT EVERYONE.