Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 10/25/2007, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Financial Freedom

Has anyone else here ever heard of Dave Ramsey and The Dave Ramsey Show?

This past January I got connected to Dave's program called Financial Peace University and it has absolutely changed my life. I feel more on track financially than I ever have.

Basically the plan teaches people how to tell their money where to go rather than their money just disappearing. It also has a huge focus on getting out of debt and remaining debt-free and then saving for retirement, kid's college, and building wealth.

The plan is incredible and it feels soooo good to be financially on track. Dave recently started a new TV show as well on the brand new Fox Business Network at 8pm every weekday.

I just can't stop telling people about this program because I am so excited about it. If anyone is interested I'd love to discuss it more in depth!!

Ben
Old 10/25/2007, 06:28 AM
Simply Complicated

Yes, I have his book. Wish I had it years ago. Only been semi working his program. He has a radio show also. If you can read the book and follow it, it is amazing how easy it works.
Old 10/25/2007, 06:30 AM
Registered Member

Radio Show

Yea, I listen to all three hours of the radio show each day while I'm at work. It's almost addicting...
Old 10/25/2007, 06:34 AM
Simply Complicated

His voice has something to do with that I think.

Like I said only semi following it. After first of the year I'll be putting more effort into it. If all goes well we'll be debt free except on car and the living exspences you are suposed to have by 2009. Got the book to late for the last car we bought and I'm not giving uop my 350Z
Old 10/25/2007, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Amputate the car! j/k
Old 10/25/2007, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

trade it in for a skyline, Aliie!
Old 10/25/2007, 06:43 AM
Simply Complicated

Yoiui drive it and see how easy it would be to let it go.

I'll have 2 paid for by Feb and the 3rd by the middle of next year. The 4th, the Z wont be until 2009.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...line-gt-r.html

i saw one (must have been the 05 version i guess) the other day. this is a sweet looking ride that sounds even better.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:26 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...line-gt-r.html

i saw one (must have been the 05 version i guess) the other day. this is a sweet looking ride that sounds even better.
WOW - SWEET!!!

2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R Proto

Too old for women to care
Old 10/25/2007, 07:30 AM
Registered Member

yeah the one i saw didn't look like that. it looked like a G35, but with larger exhaust and a few different lines, approaching that concept, but not quite that different. i thought it was a G35, but it said SKYLINE across the back.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

i want a work truck.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:36 AM
m0delgator

The 2005 model year Skyline looks nothing like a g35 and wasn't ever legally in the states:

There are some gray market cars here from that generation, but they're not something you'd mistake for a g35 or a prototype Skyline. From what I've seen, they really haven't been street testing undisguised protos here in the states, either. . .
Old 10/25/2007, 07:38 AM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
i want a work truck.
May I suggest the prototype 2009 WTFOP (Work Truck For Old People):

Old 10/25/2007, 07:39 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
i want a work truck.
Here ya go ninamysweetiepie

Old 10/25/2007, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

i was basing that guess on this line from the article: "A limited-edition 2005-model GT-R Z-tune," and reports that i have heard saying that the us was to get a skyline but it would basically be a specially tuned Z. i didn't get a chance to talk to the guy driving it, but it was badged as a skyline, and it did not look like the skylines that i have seen before, which look like your pic.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:43 AM
Simply Complicated

That ain't right boys, you know she doesn't know how to drive a stick.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:45 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliie
That ain't right boys, you know she doesn't know how to drive a stick.
Gary may offer a differing opinion.

Old 10/25/2007, 07:47 AM
Simply Complicated

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:56 AM
I'm accident prone

Dave Ramsey has a huge following because of how easy it works. Of course following the advice of Dave will end up costing you more money, but it caters to so many people because of how easy it is. There are plenty of anti-Ramsey fans out there. Good info can be found at creditboards.com in the forum section. I've been following their advice and I'll be debt free (minus the house and student loans) in another year.
Old 10/25/2007, 07:57 AM
m0delgator

Ok fair enough. The pic I posted above is the '05 Z Tune, which doesn't look like a G, and wasn't actually based on the 2005 Skyline anyways - it was based on the previous generation (the R34). There were also only 20 of them built, and I dunno if any are in the states (I doubt it, since they weren't sold here.) The Z Tune is pretty much the most insane street car ever built. 10 second 1/4 mile times.

It was not based on the then-current Skyline, which was the same thing as what was being sold as the G35 here in the states. Since 2001, the car sold elsewhere as the Nissan Skyline and the Infiniti G35 have been pretty much the same, but Nissan has promised that the next generation (i.e. the one we're all drooling over prototypes of) will be a purpose built sports car, not a hopped up sedan as the V35 and V36 cars were (the ones sold here as G35's.) Something that has confused this point is that Nissan's test mules for the next generation car have all had bodywork disguised as G35's (i.e. V35/V36 generation bodywork.) I haven't heard of any of those cars wearing the Skyline badge, but I guess it's possible. I suppose it could also have been a "real" current Skyline someone had here from another market.
Old 10/25/2007, 08:00 AM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by uscgbeachbum
Dave Ramsey has a huge following because of how easy it works. Of course following the advice of Dave will end up costing you more money, but it caters to so many people because of how easy it is. There are plenty of anti-Ramsey fans out there. Good info can be found at creditboards.com in the forum section. I've been following their advice and I'll be debt free (minus the house and student loans) in another year.
There are a few that say you can work a similar program without giving up everything. I've heard the basics on some of them. The house isn't really on the list unless it's way more than necessary, you know like keeping up with the Jones' type thing.
I don't have student loans so how do they say those factor into the mix?
Old 10/25/2007, 08:28 AM
clownfish fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
yeah the one i saw didn't look like that. it looked like a G35, but with larger exhaust and a few different lines, approaching that concept, but not quite that different. i thought it was a G35, but it said SKYLINE across the back.
they just put skyline on there

Also that gtr is no skyline its a v6

this is a skyline
Old 10/25/2007, 08:34 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by GSMguy
[B]they just put skyline on there

Also that gtr is no skyline its a v6
The article reads that it will the Skyline GTR for sale in the US in 2009.

"The latest Skyline GT-R prototype, pictured above, differs from ones seen previously."

Old 10/25/2007, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

i dunno if it was a test car wearing G35 clothes or from another market, but it was pretty, and it had nissan skyline badging.
Old 10/25/2007, 08:39 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire