Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/17/2005, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

Anyone Know Where I Can But Cheap Airline Tickets????

My family is yhinking about going away this year and I would like to know where we can get cheap airline tickets, first we were thiking cozumel mexico but the airfare is like 900$$ a person so if anyone know where I can get cheap airfare or the cheapest you know of, please share!!!
Old 08/17/2005, 12:53 PM
Monkey

Pretty sure you can't But tickets... However...if you're looking to buy them - doing a priceline last minute ticket is sometimes the good way to go. I got a SUPER deal on a last minute Hawaii vacation through them...
Old 08/17/2005, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

I always goto orbitz.com and see which airlines have the times I want. Then I goto the airlines website, because they are always cheaper.
Old 08/17/2005, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

thanks alot
Old 08/17/2005, 01:40 PM
Get Your War On!!

"To be eligible to purchase from StudentUniverse, you must be either a student or teaching faculty member who is currently registered in an (government) accredited college, community college, or university of 2-4 year"
If thats you then www.studentuniverse.com can get you some CRAZY cheap tickets...probably not for the whole family but if the statement fits one of ya'll, and you don't mind possably flying seperate then you could save a couple hundred dollars.

Cheers,

grimmjohn

Oh Lord...I'm not ready for this sort of thing.
Old 08/17/2005, 01:50 PM
Stop touching me!!!

I think he wants them butt cheap.
Old 08/17/2005, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

For last minute lonf w/e trips try www.site59.com I have also found that I can do a search for tickets and fares on orbitz or expedia, find waht I like and go to the carriers own website and spend less. Don't know where you live but Spirit has some great fares to Cancun.
Old 08/17/2005, 03:32 PM
Get Your War On!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lbrty9
I think he wants them butt cheap.
He didn't specifically say how cheap, so we can assume that we're both right () : )

Oh Lord...I'm not ready for this sort of thing.
Old 08/17/2005, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

book ur airfare and hotel together- try companies like funjet or apple vacations they combine together and its not all that expensieve.
Old 08/17/2005, 03:42 PM
RMRC President

When we went to Cozumel, we got the package deal. All-inclusive air and hotel packages are often cheaper than airfare alone. Sun or Apple are good.

We stayed at the Paradiso hotel and liked it.
Old 08/17/2005, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

where r u flying out of?
Old 08/17/2005, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

hi I meant as cheap as I can get it and I will be flying out of Boston MA or Manchester NH thanks for everything
Old 08/17/2005, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

I found some hotels as low as 700 from boston to cozumel for a week- all inclusive. Leaving in October though. May I add that locals say October is the nicest time ofhte year. Personally- I would go to riveria mya and take a ferri to cozumel for snorkeling and what not. THeres really not that much to do on Cozumel as oppsoed to such close neighborting island.s
Old 08/18/2005, 04:42 AM
Premium Member

We went to Grand Excaret on the Riviera Maya in June and it was HOT HOT HOT. Verry nice all inclusive resort though. It is an easy ferry ride to Cozumel wherre we dove a 3000 foot wall. (Well not ALL of it). I'm guessing anyone on this site will be doing some diving or at least snorkeling and Cozumel is wonderful for that.
Old 08/18/2005, 06:52 AM
High on Reefing!

Cozumel just got nailed with a bad hurricane a couple weeks ago...might wanna check to make sure it is up to speed.

I usually get notices a couple weeks in advance from AA on last minute airfare deals.
Old 08/18/2005, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

we buy through expedia.com, but we also buy our tickets at least a month or more in advance, too. With the gas price increases, you can indeed bet on paying a little more right now for air travel, too.