Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saltwater Enthusiasts Association of St. Louis (SEASL)

Old 12/10/2007, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

OT: Our fearless leader

For those of you that haven't seen this yet. Here's Tony at his finest.

http://larrybrownsports.com/2007/11/...ng-dui-arrest/
Old 12/10/2007, 08:03 PM
Master of my domain

always a good reason not to drink and drive...

1. you'll kill somebody some one loves.
2. DWI/DUI
3. Plain stupid.
Old 12/10/2007, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by spooda420
always a good reason not to drink and drive...

1. you'll kill somebody some one loves.
2. DWI/DUI
3. Plain stupid.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12/11/2007, 04:10 AM
Registered Member

Well... At least he stopped that gigantic truck before he "decided" to take a nap. Sad sight for sure.
Old 12/11/2007, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

I just found a guy sleeping in the middle of intersection the other night, and of course I'm the A-hole for "F'n" with him. Never used to write dooeys until a friend, a Police Officer, was killed while on duty in a head on crash, Jeremy Chambers #101.
Old 12/11/2007, 11:20 AM
The lesser of two evils?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I am only am asking a question to your last comment.

Never used to write dooeys until a friend, a Police Officer, was killed while on duty in a head on crash, Jeremy Chambers #101.

I wonder what kind of punishment you handed out to people who were drinking and driving if you werent writing up and arresting them on DUI.

I find it hard to believe a cop would not write DUI's until someone you were close to died, wouldnt your civic responsibilty demand you protect everyones friends, let alone loved ones and families?

I dont want to sound harsh but if I looked the other way when people were breaking the rules at any of my past jobs I wouldnt have been employed very long.

I'll wait for a response before I go into the million other points of view and issues your comment has raised in my mind.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:27 PM
The one, The only

is there a difference between dwi and dui?

"How do you guys drink that Natural?" - DPS
Old 12/11/2007, 05:48 PM
The lesser of two evils?

Driving while intoxicated

Driving under the influence

Not sure of the real meaning or difference between the two, I dont plan on getting either one anytime soon.

Seriously people walk or get a ride if your going out drinking.

Found this in a quick search

Legend
0.00 g/210 liters of breath - This is the only safe BAC level.
0.02 g/210 liters of breath - At and above this level US federal laws mandate that a person in a safety sensitive transportation job must be removed from the workplace.
0.04 g/210 liters of breath - At and above this level US federal laws mandate that a person in a safety sensitive transportation job must be sanctioned and may lose their job. Also in most states a person can be convicted of driving under the influence at this level.
0.08 g/210 liters of breath - At and above this level you can be convicted of driving while intoxicated in most states.
0.10 g/210 liters of breath - At and above this level you can be convicted of driving while intoxicated in ALL states.
0.30 g/210 liters of breath - At this level most people will lose conciousness.
0.40 g/210 liters of breath - At this level most people will become comatose and may die.
Old 12/11/2007, 06:11 PM
Keepin' It Real

Isn't it impossible to have a 0.00 BAC reading? I didn't think machines registered under 0.015

DWI and DUI are same thing. DUI is normally used for a lesser alcohol level. Only difference it would make is the penalty it carries

Get it While It's Hot
Old 12/11/2007, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

I was under the impression that DWI and DUI are the same. Some states use one, some use the other.
Old 12/11/2007, 07:34 PM
The Man

Yep, I think it's DUI in Illinois, DWI in MO, but they are the same offense.
Old 12/14/2007, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

DWI and DUI are the same thing, just different terms in different states, has nothing to do with your alcohol level. To answer Levon. Prior to my friend being killed, I'm not saying I never wrote a single DUI, but I concentrated my enforcement efforts in different areas. I worked in a ghetto and looked for different things, mainly in the neighborhoods. Now when it comes time for the bars to shut down, I leave the hood and my mind turns to the main roads where I am most likely to catch a drunk driver. So Levon, I guess I shouldn't have said never, I should have said not as many. Used to be a few a year, now its a few a month. And I guess they should fire me, because I write more warnings than tickets. How negligent of me. No more breaks for anyone!! Its my "civic responsibility" get those who break the rules. Please spare me your "million other issues and points of view." Thanks in advance.
Old 12/14/2007, 09:58 AM
The lesser of two evils?

Glad to hear your doing a good job, I for one appreciate everything the police in the area do for people. I have a friend who has two DUI's, he deserved each one of them, if he had been given a break he would have kept doing it, he has since shaped up and is turning his life around.

I think the problem I am having with this is drinking and driving is different than going 5-10 over or not using your turn signal or dealing drugs on the streets of Cahokia. All offences are very differant and the punishments can sometimes be very strict. or somewhat weak.

My point really is if someone is actually doing something wrong and you catch themm doing it, then you should punish them in some way. Chances are its not a one time thing and they get away with it much more often than they even realize it. The police cannot stop everything.

I'll stop posting so we dont get in an internet argument and the post gets blocked. I bet if we were in a person to person conversation we would realize were on the same page for more issues than not.

BTW it is your "civic responsibility" your not a rent a cop people place a great deal of trust and faith in law enforcement, to keep citizens in line, not just the ghetto but everyone.

Thanks again
Old 12/15/2007, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

All I know is if I were making a couple million a year I would be paying someone else to drive me around. There is no excuse for driving when drinking.
Old 12/15/2007, 08:29 PM
Master of my domain

Quote:
Originally posted by babybull
All I know is if I were making a couple million a year I would be paying someone else to drive me around. There is no excuse for driving when drinking.
Yeah me too. i sure would not be driving an exploder... i mean explorer. maybe a bmw m5 or a benz 600 amg.
Old 12/15/2007, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Yeah me too. i sure would not be driving an exploder... i mean explorer. maybe a bmw m5 or a benz 600 amg

Sure an M5 is much nicer than most fords... but whats the point? To see how fast you can wreck a nice car?
Old 12/16/2007, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Levon, its easy to get on the defensive as anyone rarely cuts us any slack.