Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/28/2005, 05:18 PM
Premium Member

Got another video for you guys.... Now before ya'll say anything, it's the same format as my others ( I'll get out of my rutt soon enough ) but it "is" in color and was taken today after my water change and tank clean-up..... you can just "right-click"

http://www.ushanlins.com/media/The_O..._Vangelis_.mpg

Bob
Old 10/28/2005, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

Nice one Bob! The color really does make a difference, for me at least..very soothing, and a much better idea of what the tank looks like. What is the rod running along the back of the tank at the top?
Old 10/29/2005, 05:00 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
Nice one Bob! The color really does make a difference, for me at least..very soothing, and a much better idea of what the tank looks like. What is the rod running along the back of the tank at the top?
It's the spraybar hooked to my return pump from the sump/fuge.... Mostly covered in coraline now.... And thank you again for the kind words... My wife and daughter both say I need to "step it up" a bit and put some kick into my videos... I guess I'll have to work on that ....

By the way..... Marc ( melev ) is going to be hosting a video for a fella that had access to the "1700gal" stingray reef that's got a thread going on the "Large Tank" Forums ... I'm hoping that he's going to post a link here as well.... I gave the guy Marcs name and kept bugging him as to when he would get the video together so we're going to have to wait till Marc gets it together....

Bob
Old 10/29/2005, 11:33 AM
Reef Mania

Here is a nice little flick from my New 90g Mixed Reef as well as a little one on all the life in my refuge.

http://rjwilson41.com/docs/aquarium/...s/20051028.mov

http://rjwilson41.com/docs/aquarium/...ies/refuge.mov

24g Aquapod
MJ 900
Standard Pump
Standard 72w PC Lighting
Old 10/29/2005, 12:37 PM
TRC Leader

Bob, Lunchbucket uploaded them to my site, but when I tried to play them they didn't work last night. I'm not sure what the deal is yet.
Old 10/29/2005, 01:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Bob, Lunchbucket uploaded them to my site, but when I tried to play them they didn't work last night. I'm not sure what the deal is yet.
Thanks for letting me (us) know.... I can't wait to see this tank in action ... The pictures of it are awesome...

Bob
Old 10/30/2005, 08:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rjwilson37
Here is a nice little flick from my New 90g Mixed Reef as well as a little one on all the life in my refuge.

http://rjwilson41.com/docs/aquarium/...s/20051028.mov

http://rjwilson41.com/docs/aquarium/...ies/refuge.mov

Thanks for the videos.... Your fuge looks very similar ( life wise ) to mine... pods everywhere ....

Bob
Old 10/31/2005, 11:00 AM
Premium Member

Wow, didn't know this thread existed. I will have to go back and see all the cool vids posted so far when I get some free time. In the meantime here are some vids I took a week ago. I was very lucky and priviliged to visit the home reef tank of RC member Energy in Minnesota. His tank is 15'4" long x 5' wide by 33" tall weighing in at just under 1700 gallons. Let me tell you, it was a site to see and the vids do not do it justice. But here they are anyways:

http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/travis/1700-1.wmv
http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com...s/1700-2.2.wmv
http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/travis/1700-3.wmv
Old 10/31/2005, 11:57 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis
Wow, didn't know this thread existed. I will have to go back and see all the cool vids posted so far when I get some free time. In the meantime here are some vids I took a week ago. I was very lucky and priviliged to visit the home reef tank of RC member Energy in Minnesota. His tank is 15'4" long x 5' wide by 33" tall weighing in at just under 1700 gallons. Let me tell you, it was a site to see and the vids do not do it justice. But here they are anyways:

http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/travis/1700-1.wmv
http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com...s/1700-2.2.wmv
http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/travis/1700-3.wmv

Well first off Travis: Welcome to the Video thread... I'm glad that you got my message and posted the videos of that amazing tank ... I have no doubt that you are going to have hours and hours of fun watching the videos that other reefers have posted here... It's amazing how big this thread has gotten ...

Do me and us a favor and spread the word around where you hang out about us and what this thread is about....

And thanks again for posting the videos... I've already watched them but will do so again just to see if a missed anything...

Bob
Old 10/31/2005, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

I am making a video as we speak, so stand-by.
Old 10/31/2005, 12:53 PM
TRC Leader

Bob and all, it looks like this thread will win Thread of the Month. When that occurs, it is listed in Reefkeeping.com which many people read. When my 280g thread was highlighted, for that month my thread got 40,000 views. Same for other threads in the past. Now think about your videos, and what will happen if 10,000 people view them. Hopefully your bandwidth will be able to keep up.
Old 10/31/2005, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

I know mine can, if anyone needs hosting let me know
Old 10/31/2005, 12:57 PM
Premium Member

Oh and here is a new video from me
http://www.ajpsreef.com/vids/update.wmv
Old 10/31/2005, 12:57 PM
TRC Leader

Travis, those are great. Thanks for posting them. Do I know this anonomous person? Do they post on RC ever?
Old 10/31/2005, 01:11 PM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by AJP
Oh and here is a new video from me
http://www.ajpsreef.com/vids/update.wmv
Thanks for the update. Blondie...
Old 10/31/2005, 01:13 PM
1/2 century and counting

Travis,

Great looking tank! Thanks for posting

Adam,

Do you have an anemone in your tank? Great song, love your clowns
Old 10/31/2005, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Blondie...
Thanks, I am in an 80's kick today, so 80's that I gave myself a mohawk.
Old 10/31/2005, 01:32 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Beverly
Travis,

Great looking tank! Thanks for posting

Adam,

Do you have an anemone in your tank? Great song, love your clowns
No that is just a really bleached torch, that I think is slowly dying.
Old 10/31/2005, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Nice tank AJP! Your clowns really like to be on TV!

Ricardo
Old 10/31/2005, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Bob and all, it looks like this thread will win Thread of the Month. When that occurs, it is listed in Reefkeeping.com which many people read. When my 280g thread was highlighted, for that month my thread got 40,000 views. Same for other threads in the past. Now think about your videos, and what will happen if 10,000 people view them. Hopefully your bandwidth will be able to keep up.
I think you're right Marc... It does look like "we've" done it ... all of you hear that have posted and watched the videos on this thread... There's no way that it could have happened with out you folks.... My involvement was just the idea and a small amount of "leg work" if you will to get folks to put their work here in this thread....

Marc, I'v just checked my account info and I've got 200gig of bandwidth/month on my site so do you think that's sufficient..?? I hope so .. But if not I can always upgrade.... As you are well aware, I'm very new at the web hosting/design thing and I've noticed that you've been talking a little bit about that end of it in your thread... If you don't mind I may send out some PM's to you and Adam for help and advice... I'd like to host videos for folks too to help take the burden off you guys but right now I think it would be a disaster waiting to happen until I get better "aquainted with the process....

Oh and before I forget.... Nice video Adam good luck with the mandarin....

Bob
Old 10/31/2005, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

Bob 200gb of bandwidth is more than enough, I currently have 170gb and even when I had all those vids before I deleted them was only using about 50gb a month.
Old 10/31/2005, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AJP
Bob 200gb of bandwidth is more than enough, I currently have 170gb and even when I had all those vids before I deleted them was only using about 50gb a month.
Great ... Thanks Adam for letting me know that ... I really don't know why I'm so worried though, I've only got "three" videos on my site .....

You'll have to "school" me on how to host videos... Perhaps an educational PM might help..?? ( Course I could always read the help or getting started files.... but that would be too easy...LOL )..

Bob
Old 10/31/2005, 04:49 PM
Premium Member

Just Pm me with any questions you have.
Old 10/31/2005, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

I suppose it is about time for me to come up with a new one again...

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 10/31/2005, 04:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thrlride
I suppose it is about time for me to come up with a new one again...

I would agree with that statement.. totally.....

Bob