Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/10/2007, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Volunteers For MTRC Swap

We are in need of around 15-20 Volunteers for the MTRC swap in January. Most people will be working two 30 minute slots, which I try to not schedule back to back for one person. Examples of some of the positions that we will need volunteers are : Admissions, Raffle Ticket Sales, Membership Table, and Clean up at the end of the swap.

Unfortunately, some people will need to volunteer to work upstairs during the Dr. Ron Shimek presentation. If are willing to do this, please let me know. Also, let me know if there are times which you do not want to volunteer. For right now, I just want to get a list of names so that I can compile a schedule. I will then post an excel sheet with times, positions, and names. If there are conflicts, we can then switch people around to accomodate. Please post here if you want to volunteer and let me know if you have a time/position preference.
Old 12/10/2007, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

A few people have already told me that they could volunteer. These people are: fallinapart, mammagoose, dmbilles, and crumbletop. Also, some NTRC members said they would volunteer as well, but we are going to try to man the swap with all MTRC people first.
Old 12/10/2007, 11:45 AM
Premium Member

Others who can volunteer are Jason (eyebedam), Gary (gflat), Angela Short, and Brandon (nevessl)
Old 12/10/2007, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

I'm in for volunteering...although, I'm not sure I can make it to setup on Friday night.

Saving for the wedding takes precedence over the 90g. Got my 29g going for now.
Old 12/10/2007, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

count me in jack!!!...i should be there to help setup on friday, and and should be there for most of the day saturday......but i wont be able to help clean up though
Old 12/10/2007, 08:34 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

My name is already on there, but just in case, I should be good for Friday evening and Saturday.

Brandon
Old 12/11/2007, 02:43 AM
Registered Member

Chris,

Put me down as well, I can sell the tickets again like last time or do whatever that need to be done...
I do have to work at 4pm that day so I can help between 12-1:30pm if you can keep that spot open for me. Thanks!!!
Old 12/11/2007, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Of course put me down. Jack or Chris give me a call so we can set up a meet time for frida nights setup.They will meet me with the keys at 5pm
Old 12/12/2007, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Kathy and I can help anytime Saturday.

Jack
Old 12/13/2007, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

It looks like the list is coming along nicely. I'd say we will need about 10 more volunteers. We particularly need people who would be willing to volunteer during the Shimek talk. If anyone has a wive, girlfriend, etc. that wouldn't necessarily care to hear the talk and could volunteer, then this would be great.
Old 12/14/2007, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

^
Old 12/16/2007, 02:30 PM
Premium Member

We need several more volunteers from MTRC land. Let us know if you can pitch in.
Old 12/16/2007, 06:30 PM
Premium Member

If I can make it into town in time, I'll gladly help set up. I kinda wish I was helping on this one in some way. It's hard to let go.
Old 12/16/2007, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

Count me in. I can help with set up Friday night and then a couple of slots Saturday. I don't mind staying upstairs during Dr. Shimek's presentation.
Tim
Old 12/16/2007, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

I would like to volunteer Friday or Saurday
Thanks
Old 12/17/2007, 09:08 AM
Premium Member

I spoke with Julie and Scott Folley and they can volunteer for times after 2:30 -- maybe earlier as well, but as of right now they can't get to the swap when it first starts. They prefer to not be both working at the same time so one of them can be off looking and making deals if there are any left to be had by that time
Old 12/17/2007, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

So the list is almost filled in. I'll try posting the list within the next few days so that everyone can get an idea as to where and when they will be working. We can shift people around if there are any problems/time conflicts. Thanks to everyone that is going to volunteer.
Old 12/17/2007, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

I can help set up Friday night if needed. Also put me down for a slot or two for Saturday.

Daniel
Old 12/17/2007, 02:00 PM
Premium Member

Awesome! The more the merrier. As it stands some people will be doing more than one shift, so the more folks we get, the fewer shifts folks will be asked to do
Old 12/17/2007, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

I could probably help some. I am pretty sure I am going to be able to come but not 100% sure yet. I would like to see the presentation though.
Old 12/18/2007, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Chris, I can take a slot on Saturday. Anytime can probably work, but I would prefer to hear Dr. Shimek's talk. I need an unskilled position
Old 12/25/2007, 08:12 PM
Ryan Steagall

Chris, I sent you a PM about working the morning of the swap. lmk.
Old 12/29/2007, 04:31 PM
Lazy Reefer!!!

If you need me. I can help out in any way needed....
Old 12/31/2007, 03:01 PM
Premium Member

If anyone needs any extra help, I don't mind to drive down to help out. All ya gotta do is ask.
Old 01/01/2008, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

I am in for any time as stated before. Not just the 30 mins. and only on Sat. You can put me down to man something almost all day but I would like to hear the talk naturally . Not buying or selling anything this time.

Don't judge me because I can't spell. I use my brain space for more important things, like thinking of a fancy user name