Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/05/2007, 05:37 PM
Premium Member

Tenecor / Unitex

I've had good luck w/tenecor in the past, but they were small tanks. I'm looking at acrylic 96l x 30w x 24h tanks and the best stand I can find (even if the tank and stand come from different companies).

So any good/bad experiences w/larger tenecor tanks and/or unitex stands? Is a composite stand better than wood or laminate?

thanks
Old 12/05/2007, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

I ordered a 700 from Tenecor and the metal stand they did a good job. A little pricey but you can negotiate with them. I recommend a metal stand
Old 12/06/2007, 01:38 AM
I play with water

I have a 180 gal custom Tenecor that's been up since 2002 give or take. At the time I ordered it they were rebounding from some known QC issues so I took a chance and gave them a shot. Beyond some heavy crazing that's been slowly getting worse on one of the top seams it appears to be reasonably well built tank. Generally, that much crazing would be a major concern but I'm upgrading to a larger tank in the next couple months and this one will get the boot. Overall I'd rate them a B- on build quality and C+ on fit and finish. Could be better, could be worse.

Can't comment on the stand as I had mine bult by a custom cabinet maker.

Brett
Old 12/06/2007, 01:41 AM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

[moved]

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."
Old 12/06/2007, 01:43 AM
Flips"R"us...U?

tizzy

I had Tenecor tank before...it was a 300g 96x24x30. I really like the quality of it. I sold it because I wanted a rimless glass tank.
You can't go wrong with tenecor...btw, their stand is also beautiful and well built.
Good luck!
[O] f
[S] weetness
Old 12/08/2007, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

thanks for the input