Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

rimless starphire tank

I am planning to buy rimless starphire tank, but I do not know who are selling these tank in Dever area.
Do you have any info to buy this tank from LFS around Denver or online? If you know the price, plese inform me as well.
Old 01/07/2008, 12:10 PM
Premium Member

I know A.G.E made them with PVC bottom, starphire, rimless and external overflow box. But they are quite expensive depend on the size you are looking for. They are located in Dallast TX.

Another company is Glass Cages. Their price is much more reasonable but i have seen mix feed back. Also check out the Rimless 240 cube from one of the guy in large reeftank forum. He just bought a tank from Glass cages.

If you decided to go deluxe . Check out Elos. Last time i try to get a quote for the 160xl (210g) is about $4k for just the tank. But i have heard nothing but good feedback about them, for their solid build and clarity of the glass. The completed setup with stand, sump and skimmer around $7K.
Old 01/07/2008, 12:43 PM
Premium Member

Thank you, Jar*Head!

I am planning to buy 120Gal tank. I looked Glass Cages website and the price would be $300 for standard option.
I have no idea that these company will ship the tank to my house.
Old 01/07/2008, 01:03 PM
Anemone Rancher

Premier Fish and Reef has been handling Glass Cages tanks locally. I'm sure they can help with a special order.

(Are you trying to find one with ALL Starphire glass or one with just the front glass?)
Old 01/07/2008, 01:29 PM
Premium Member

Thank you, artful-dodger!
I will contact Premier Fish and Reef.
Have not decided to have Starphire on front only or front and sides.
Do you have any suggestions?
Old 01/07/2008, 01:38 PM
Premium Member

By the way, do you have any idea the weight of the tank?
Old 01/07/2008, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

From what I've heard Miracle is one of the best.
http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/standard.html

You'll have to call and see if they have a local dealer.
Old 01/07/2008, 01:59 PM
Premium Member

Glass Cage will ship for $150 to the near by Semi station (denver). Make sure you calculate the cost for the overflow box, hole drill and other stuff. Starphine upgrade should between $150-$250 on the long panel and $150 on the short panel.
Old 01/07/2008, 02:02 PM
Premium Member

around 200+ lbs....
Old 01/07/2008, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

Premiere (now AquaMart) stopped carrying Glass Cages. I guess Premiere had a truckload of tanks come in and GC was selling tanks to local guys in Premiere's parking lot at the same pricing Premiere was buying their tanks for.

Look at Glass Cages website, they will bring any tank you order to a trade show, or delivery point, for minimal shipping charges. I was going to pick my tank up in Oklahoma City and drive home with it. Starphire wasn't too bad pricing wise - I just didn't want to wait 6 weeks to fill the tank. For my 300 it would have been a $290 upgrade for the front and $385 upgrade for the front and sides. My guess would be about 45-60 days between the time you placed the order and when you could fill the tank.

Best of luck!
Old 01/07/2008, 02:25 PM
Premium Member

Aqua Imports in Boulder just got in a Starfire tank for their front display.

Talk to Mike or Tom & see where they got it.

Stu
Old 01/07/2008, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

sscherin,
I will call them. Thank you!

Jar*Head,
I thought GlassCages does not have any stations in Denver. 200lb!! I think I need 3 people at least...
Thank you!

icantremember
300Gal!!! I wish I have the kind of large tank in the future. How long does it take to reach Oklahoma?
Thank you!

stugray
That's a nice info!! I will go there and ask them about the tank.
Thank you!
Old 01/07/2008, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

They don't have any station in Denver but they do have couple run in a year to deliver tank to Petco or other pet places. I have discuss about deliver tank to Denver with them before. If you call them early, they should be able to get the tank to you sometime this month. also go to their website and check out their delivery schedule...
Old 01/07/2008, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by takayan

icantremember
300Gal!!! I wish I have the kind of large tank in the future. How long does it take to reach Oklahoma?
Thank you!
Actually, I ended up picking up a non-starphire tank from Premiere that was in-stock. For the amount I paid at Premiere it would have been cheaper to order a new 3-sided starphire tank and picked it up myself at a show. Plus my tank had some surface scratches that I didn't see until we wedged it into the basement. I am happy but I would have done it differently if I were to do it again.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:41 PM
Premium Member

Jar*Head,
I see. I just got email from GlassCages and then they can ship the tank to the DIA. S/H would be around $500. I do not know this is expensive or not. My problem is to bring/set up at my house.

icantremember
Is your tank rimless? Honestly, I care for rimless than Starphire.
Old 01/07/2008, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

you can also talk to Steve at Front Range aquatics in fort collins. he carries glass cages tanks too. he doesnt have any cubes in stock that i know of. i have been trying to get a 30" cube tank for some time now with no luck. gc estimated me $250 for s/h. plus cost of tank. (which i though was more than i really want to pay right now).
Old 01/07/2008, 08:01 PM
Premium Member

Nope, I am rimmed.
Old 01/07/2008, 09:41 PM
Anemone Rancher

Ouch!
Old 01/09/2008, 12:59 PM
Premium Member

I got email from Dave at Premiere. He can send some estimations to me in the next couple of days. I will update it after I got info from him.