Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Feedback and Questions

Old 01/03/2008, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

salifert

What happen to SALIFERT forum?
Old 01/03/2008, 04:20 PM
Premium Member

My guess would be that since they refused to reply to any of their customers inquiries, they were removed. In my opinion, they realized it would be too expensive for them to rectify the problems with their Alk kit so they would just disappear for a few months and hope people would forget.

Bad customer service in my opinion. I will NEVER buy Salifert kits again. That is, if they are able to stay in business after this fiasco.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

they did rectify the Alk kit situation. i got a brand new kit with a reference solution. i also tested it versus different brand kits and it was dead on. i have alwaysed liked there kits and there mag kit is much easyer and nicer than the others. IMO.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

as above
Old 01/03/2008, 05:12 PM
RC Mod

Moved to this form as more a propos here.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:41 PM
Moderator Clone

The Salifert Forum was removed, since the company was no longer responding to any inquiries there, and hadn't been for an extended period.

The posts in that forum had degenerated to simple bashing of the company and its customer service.

We have no way of contacting the company, and see no point in having an entire forum dedicated to fighting about whether an individual and his company has good customer service/bad customer service, is a good guy/bad guy, must have had something bad happen in his life/doesn't matter what happened he should answer questions, etc.

No one has any real info. It was all speculation. It was upsetting a large number of RC Members (some were even resorting to threats of violence) for no reason. So, we took the subject of all the angst off the table to allow RC to return to its mission of exchanging hobby-related info, rather than exchanging insults.

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!