Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Tank of the Month
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/21/2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Tuan

Very nice reef, congratulations

I have an adult Emperor algelfish too and this get me some problems with some LPS and zoanthus. I have some euphylia and duncan with no problem at all. But others like candy can, acan, blasto, brain the emperor attacks. What LPS you have and what's the behavior of your emperor ??

Another question : You have SPS and LPS . Is your nitrate zero ? If yes your LPS are well ? Do you feed them ?

Thanks
Luiz Seadorf
Old 03/21/2007, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

The Emperor has started tasting fleshy LPS such as brain corals etc... has not touched Euphylia sp. corals though. I've removed most of the fleshy LPS corals anyway.

Other victims have been zoox and some of the mushrooms. I had a nice blue colony of zoox that disappeared overnight due to it. On the possitive side, it also demolish aiptasias too, so it's not all bad.

The LPS I have are OK, growing but I wouldn't say thriving specularily. Nitrates has never been detectable really with the large areas of deep sand beds in the tank. I don't especially feed the LPS directly, just feed the tank with meaty food like squid/mussel/clam meats all minced up finely at night when the corals are feeding.
Old 03/21/2007, 05:15 PM
g0t fIsH

hey tuan, did similar setup so hopefully you can give me some pointers, haven't start plumbing yet will do soon, just finishing on building the stand for all equipments, electrical work will be done this week with all trimming, but plumbing will be the last step.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1
(red house for 600gal)
Old 04/16/2007, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

That is possibly the most amazing tank I have ever seen!

It looks identical to the reefs off Thailand where I went diving!

Great job!!