Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)

Old 01/12/2008, 02:10 AM
Premium Member

FS/FT: Coral Beauty

I've got a very nice Coral Beauty in my 60g that is being broken down that needs to find a new home. I didn't get a pick before messing with the tank, and the detritus storm has made that impossible for tonight, but you all know what they look like. He (or she) is very healthy.
Disclaimer: The CB has been in my mixed reef and I have never witnessed it picking on any coral or clam. However, my sps don't tend to have too much polyp extension during the day, so it is possible. All of the corals are healthy and growing, so if he is, there is no sign of damage or poor health of the corals. I have also had both of my clams die recently, and while I really doubt the CB had anything to do with it (as I have never witnessed him nipping the clams, and they did not appear stressed in any way) the possibility is there.
I would like to get $25 for it, or trade for corals. Open to offers, sps, challice, acan, micro, zoa, etc. Not interested in Xenia or most other softies or lps, but if you think it's nice I may change my mind.
Also, I would really like to find him a new home this weekend as his current home is not likely to be around next week.
Old 01/12/2008, 02:30 AM
Registered Member

Jeremy,

I will take it! I don''t have anything to trade but will give you the $25!
Old 01/12/2008, 02:40 AM
Premium Member

PM back at ya.
Old 01/12/2008, 02:48 AM
Registered Member

YGPM -

Outta curiosity - Does this mean the 250 is going to be up and running soon?
Old 01/12/2008, 02:53 AM
Premium Member

Only when this house sells and I move to Santa Rosa! Just decided to put everything into the frag system and a 40 breeder in the garage and only maintain 1 system. Gets part of the work of moving out of the way as well.
Old 01/12/2008, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

Santa Rosa, Why? No more MARS for you ey?
Old 01/12/2008, 02:59 AM
Registered Member

I know....that's what I was thinking.. long drive to Round Table!
Old 01/12/2008, 03:03 AM
Premium Member

I grew up in Healdsburg, so I've got family there, and free babysitting cannot be overrated
Also, our main office is in Santa Rosa and I have free office space there, vs. $2000/month out here. Just doesn't make much sense to live out here when 90% of my clients are on the 101 corridor between San Rafael and Santa Rosa. Makes for a lot of long days driving back and forth.
I'd like to continue coming to MARS meetings, but not sure how the wife will feel about that. The local club over there is very small and has more informal meetings. I think I will go primarily to those, and head this way when there is a topic I am interested in.
I've met so many people I like in this club though, I doubt I will disapear completely. If nothing else, I'll stay on the RC boards.
Old 01/12/2008, 03:09 AM
Registered Member

Jeremy, I hear you. Being in sales, I had to cover the North Bay, specifically Santa Rosa, and found it difficult to make that commute. It's a really nice drive but 2-1/2hr minimum none the less.
Old 01/12/2008, 03:12 AM
Registered Member

BTW- Healdsburg is one of my top 3 places in Norcal. I could spend an entire Sunday watching footbal, playing bocce ball, and having a few cocktails at Healdsburg Bar and Grill!
Old 01/12/2008, 03:13 AM
Reef Cowboy

Awww, c'mon guys: Think how productive you can be from I-80, to 37, up 101... And back.

Jeremy, I understand, but sure will miss you if you do go that route.
Old 01/12/2008, 03:19 AM
Premium Member

Yeah, I told the wife I plan on setting up meetings with my Sacramento area clients on the 3rd Friday of everymonth and just staying for the meeting We'll have to wait and see if and for how long I can get away with that.
But heck, with this market I may be here for another year!!!
I can't tell you how much it sucks to come home everyday and see that 250 just sitting in the garage empty
Old 01/12/2008, 03:22 AM
Reef Cowboy

Dude. Set up the 250 then you CAN'T move.
Old 01/12/2008, 03:28 AM
Registered Member

I don't know if I could do it...I'm already planning a bigger tank to put iin when the Mrs. is outta town on a business trip!
Old 01/12/2008, 03:41 AM
Premium Member

Yeah, but need to move to have some chance of comfortably affording the house. Got talked into spending much more than we wanted to as my parents said "we helped your sister, and we'll help you. This house is so much nicer than the others(that we could afford)" Well, the help never really materialized, and with my wife taking time off to be with the kids, even my good income just doesn't cut it. Even if we stayed in the area, we would still sell and buy something less expensive. That still hasn't been completely ruled out, but the commute is rough. 2-2 1/2 hours each way, assuming no traffic, which never happens.
Old 01/12/2008, 03:43 AM
Premium Member

You should see this tank too. Dual closed loops to go along with 4 system returns. 12 total returns in this baby. Had it plumbed, leak tested, put the sand bed in, filled it with water, and then decided we were going to move. Took me 2 weeks during the evenings to plumb it, just to tear it back down. Ouch!
Old 01/12/2008, 03:56 AM
Registered Member

Ouch is right!

I'd love to see it!