Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/06/2006, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Why Does No One Ever Answer ?

THOUGHT YOU PEOPLE WERE HERE TO HELP ??????
Old 12/06/2006, 10:57 PM
Premium Member

You only posted your unanswered query at 7:33pm and you are upset already?
The only other post I've seen of yours that didn't get answered was the one looking to buy a seahorse from someone.
These two qualify as NEVER answering?
You have to remember that seahorses are not an everyday topic to most hobbyists so those that frequent this forum are not as numerous as some other forums. Also, not everyone is qualified to answer ALL questions on all topics.
If you need help fast then sometimes it's more readily available at seahorse.org.
Old 12/06/2006, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

WRONG!!!!!

I DONT KNOW WHY THIS POST SAYS 7:30 P.M. I STARTED ASKING FOR HELP AT 10:00 A.M. THIS MORNING WHEN I FOUND HER... AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME BUT SHES DEAD THANX FOR YOUR HELP!!!! AND YES I DID WRIGHT SEAHORSE.ORG TO AND STILL NO ANSWER!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!
Old 12/07/2006, 12:00 AM
Premium Member

If she is dead now, then you had no chance to save her even if you had an answer at 10 am. The problem was too far advanced for death to occur that fast.
I can understand you feel when loosing your seahorse, as I have been there done that and it has never gotten any easier now after 13 yrs. However, an attitude won't help you getting answers in the future.
It would be nice for all of us if someone who new it all were available all the time just in case they were needed, but in fact we all have other parts of our lives and usually, like the kids, have to come first.
I find the best way to get immediate information is to read the articles on s..org, and, use the search feature of the forums to find similar problems and find how the problem was resolved in the past.
It's seldom that a problem occurs that has never been queried before, either here or at the org.
Old 12/07/2006, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Well put RAYJAY,
HIGH FIVERS sent your way.
Old 12/07/2006, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

Re: WRONG!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by redhotlynn
[B YES I DID WRIGHT SEAHORSE.ORG TO AND STILL NO ANSWER!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!! [/B]
.......I see no post on Seahorse.org about your troubles
...........Mickey
Old 12/07/2006, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

Well put everyone!! I'm a member on the org as well.... I do not see anything.

redhotlynn... Keep one thing in mind: we are not your "answer men". If you had done extensive, faithful research on these creatures, you more easily succeed in treating the illness. This would be the time you ask for help. Instead, you fly to us, demanding answers immediatly. I know it's hard to loose a horse, but taking your sadness/anger on all of us just isn't fair. I don't know if it's just me, but-- I don't enjoy reading your oppressive posts. Please, we are trying to help you...
Old 12/07/2006, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Hi redhotlynn,
I replied to two of your other threads if you would care to read them. Up to you.

Maybe it would be a good idea to calm down a little. Posting in all caps on a message board with many exclamation points is considered shouting at us and is not received very well by members.

I am sorry you are having problems but blaming the members here is not going to help matters and many will be hesitant to try to help you in the future.
Old 12/07/2006, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JennyL

Maybe it would be a good idea to calm down a little.
Well, her name is "red hot . . . " LOL

FWIW, I too am sorry about the seahorse. It s**ks when something dies.
Old 12/07/2006, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

well I have calmed down but it does upset me this is not the first time no one ever answers on here the only time they did is when I got upset. and for everyone I have done alot of research one these I am sure no one knows every thing there is to know all I can do is ask for help.
Old 12/07/2006, 09:34 PM
Moved On

Anyone know of a smilie with a shovel digging a hole?

Old 12/08/2006, 12:07 AM
Registered Member

i hang out on seahorse.org, and more specifically read every single thread in "disease and treatment" and "emergency" and i don't see anything from you or any post even remotely resembling what you reported. can you link the post so i can see where it ended up?

also, i've searched all your other threads and people have responded to you. from the time you posted to when someone reponded and you reported the seahorse was dead was approximately 2 hours, there were probably other indicators that something was wrong with the horse, i don't know of any pathogen that would strike (other than tank contamination) that would affect a horse that quickly. as for the "time discrepancy", make sure your settings are for your correct time zone.

what's happened has happened. what specifically are your problems now with your remaining horses?
Old 12/08/2006, 01:25 AM
Premium Member

redhotlynn, you seem to not understand something important about internet forums. No one owes you anything, and you have no right demanding for answers. When you act like you're entitled, no one is going to want to help you in the future.

The best thing you can do in emergency cases is going to be to read forum history anyways, to find out what kind of remedies in the past have worked. Posting may help, but your best bet is always to rely on yourself, not others.
Old 12/24/2006, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
IAND YES I DID WRIGHT SEAHORSE.ORG TO AND STILL NO ANSWER!!!!!
Write? to seahorse.org as in EMAIL? I cant even find a single email address, I dont think there is one.
Old 12/24/2006, 10:24 PM
Premium Member

i think we've already established the fact redhotlynn is an overexagerrator
Old 12/25/2006, 02:37 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
BUT SHES DEAD THANX FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
Your going to be very unsuccessful in this hobby if you blame people you don't even know for your problems.

FWIW, I never respond to posts where people delcare "the water is fine". I hear it too often in my job and I know that it is just code for "I don't want a real answer just gimme a quick fix".
Old 12/25/2006, 03:15 AM
Premium Member

Anyone notice that this thread is a few weeks old?
It's doubtful after this long, and, after the responses it drew, that the original author will be following it anymore.
IMO it should be buried
Old 01/03/2007, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

well it was good to read again, made me smile.
Old 01/03/2007, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

wow, redhotlynn needs to take a chill pill.
Old 01/03/2007, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Wow! Seems like to me someone was taking appreciated knowledge for granted.... Must have changed their screen name.
Old 01/03/2007, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KeepOnReefin
Wow! Seems like to me someone was taking appreciated knowledge for granted.... Must have changed their screen name.
nope, her last post was this one on 12/07/2006 08:18 PM. she's just in hiding now