Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2007, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

I got a nice new drill, some shirts, $, $, and more $. I also bought myself an octopus nw 150 as a pre-x-mas gift. We go out of town for the holidays, and sneak in to set up "Santas" gifts to the kids under the tree before we leave. I have two tunze 6025's waiting in the pile. I got my wife the nikon d40x with 2 lenses, so there should be some respectable shots of my tank posted soon

Quote:
Originally posted by magdelan
I got $250 to put towards my 180g setup. I think I will get an rodi unit and put the rest into my skimmer. What is a good named rodi unit???
I use spectrapure. Someone posted about a much less costly brand within the past 2 months, and it seemed like really impressive unit. You may be able to find it if you go back a few pages. In fact, I almost bought one of their drinking water filtration packages for my parents (but they decided they didn't want it).
Old 12/26/2007, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

I got my bootie kicked at Wii Sports. Neither of my boys had ever played. The 8 year old has dominated the family in Tennis and Bowling and the 5 year old is the current boxing champ. I've got a hand cramp from too much Guitar Hero III. THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!

My son said I should have been a potatoe bug farmer.
Old 12/26/2007, 12:24 PM
One Millionth Poster

I'm getting old so I'm kinda out of it and lame but I saw guitar hero for the first time this past fall and I have to say that is the coolest game ever... Well, behind original Mario bros on Nintendo in 1984
Old 12/26/2007, 04:05 PM
Nature is my valium =)

=) I recently became addicted to GH3... hand cramps are a definate even when starting out on the easy level w/ only 3 buttons... arm cramps come into play as you up the difficulty... One night I had to keep reminding myself to blink otherwise my eyes started burning.

Oh and my hobby related Christmas gift from hubby was replacement halides. Our big gift to each other is being picked up tomorrow night... 2007 Mazda6. Somehow it's working out to me being the primary driver though...

Params: Sg 1.026, Alk 11 dKH, Ca 440, Mg 1450, Ph 8.4, Temp 80*F
Old 12/26/2007, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

I got a new R/O di and a new pair of reeflux 12k bulbs just as an fyi these have to be the best bulbs I have ever seen none the less the best present as well they were really needed
Old 12/26/2007, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Kent I will where the tie at the frag swap BTW did not mention that a good friend did get me a much needed tool kit But it did come with the specific instructions to put the tools back in their proper spot when done.....ahh there's the rub!!!!
MK
Old 12/26/2007, 07:57 PM
Killer of Giants

Conesus, VERY jealous! My dream was to move into our new house and have my 180 on one side of the room and play Blue Planet DVD's on big flat screen on the otherside! I'm batting 50%. But I did get to get my flat screen, so I won't complain about it.

Kurt, Awesome pic! Those smiles are what Christmas is all about!
Old 12/27/2007, 11:48 AM
Conforming Non-Conformist

Re: so what did you get??

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmer

bottle of two little fishes ReVive coral cleaner.never heard of this stuff.label says "surface cleaning formula for live stony corals.for cleaning live coral only not a medication".i feel bad cuz she tries(wife)but i think this stuff is going right down the drain.
Jimmer,

Check out this thread on the sps keepers forum. This stuff is getting good reviews.

Who knew?
Old 12/27/2007, 01:43 PM
Branchy Coral Aficionado

I got a beautiful copperband butterfly fish! Eats great and has a great personality. Oh yeah
Old 12/27/2007, 01:48 PM
Premium Member

hey thanks conesus kid!!i did a search must have missed that.got rid of all sps(few that didnt croak)but says great for lps too!!!
Old 12/27/2007, 02:54 PM
Premium Member

wife an I got each other a plow for our ATV, just waiting for it to snow now!!

we did get my son (4 year old) his first fish tank - Marina Pirates Aquarium Kit

and he love its. We set it up last night (fresh water) and he said "OK daddy lets go catch one of your fishes from your tank now, just one please ..nemo"