Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 11/28/2006, 11:06 PM
Premium Member

Feedback

I ordered some of this off of his E-Bay listing and never received it. I also paid for priority shipping. It has been over a week now, and can't hardly get him to respond to e-mails.
I don't know whats up with this person, but right now I am out $35.00. I have filed a claim with Pay-Pal, and left negative feedback on E-Bay. I gave him several opportunities to contact me and make this right prior to feedback being left. He has not done so.
I just do not want someone else to get taken. If he shipped it priority mail as he said, its been over a week and still has not arrived. It won't be any good if it does arrive. The ebay name is lareefs, but the pay-pal went to "Estrange". Item number on ebay is 250050471527 since we can not post links.
I will have this to say, the pictured Gracilaria looks good in the above picture, and all I want is the amounts that I ordered. I will be a happy person then.
Old 11/28/2006, 11:56 PM
Premium Member

Re: Feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by IBASSFSH
I ordered some of this off of his E-Bay listing and never received it. I also paid for priority shipping. It has been over a week now, and can't hardly get him to respond to e-mails.
I don't know whats up with this person, but right now I am out $35.00. I have filed a claim with Pay-Pal, and left negative feedback on E-Bay. I gave him several opportunities to contact me and make this right prior to feedback being left. He has not done so.
I just do not want someone else to get taken. If he shipped it priority mail as he said, its been over a week and still has not arrived. It won't be any good if it does arrive. The ebay name is lareefs, but the pay-pal went to "Estrange". Item number on ebay is 250050471527 since we can not post links.
I will have this to say, the pictured Gracilaria looks good in the above picture, and all I want is the amounts that I ordered. I will be a happy person then.
Good thing you posted this. I was about to order some from him on ebay today. I asked him if he is ok with local pick up but havent gotten a reply yet. Sorry to hear that your going through this B/S.
Old 11/29/2006, 12:09 AM
Premium Member

Feedback

After just posting feedback on E-Bay he sent me an e-mail saying he left negative feedback on me for being impatient. HA, HA ,HA. I did a buy now option and paid promptly. I am the perfect buyer. No hassles. Also when I did not receive it on Wednesday before Thanksgiving I sent him an e-mail. He did respond back saying he would get somemore out if I had not received it by Friday. Friday comes no macro algae. I sent him another e-mail. Did not hear back until Sunday (which is ok, but he has not communicated anything since then). His e-mail states I should receive the algae this week. This tells me he still has not sent it out. Plus he has not sent me an updated e-mail saying its on the way.
Very poor communication. I am ok with a delay if you keep me in the loop. I am very easy to work with. I have great feed back with my dealings (buying and selling) here on Reef Central and Ebay until dealing with this person.
It cracks me up that a seller on E-bay will try to give negative feedback to a customer who pays a soon as the buy me now option screen closes. No issues with my money Only issues is with his shipping and communication, Hell I don't know for fact he even shipped it since I received NO tracking number or shipping alert.

Like I said above, He is probably a stand up person with a nice looking product. I have not seen any of those traits in my transaction. This is my account, and does not mean you will have the same issues.

Above all I am willing to take a negative feedback just to let people know about this person. I have all correspondence I can attach to this thread, but it would more than likely get removed by the mods. I understand that. Its ok.

Mods, I know this is not the buyer seller feedback area, but my transaction some where else dealt with this person. Please do not remove. I am not slamming the person, just trying to help him to do business in a more professional manner. Thank you.
Old 11/29/2006, 12:48 AM
Premium Member

Feedback

Here is what his negative feedback on Ebay states:
Buyer uses an address which gives Errors on Paypal and PO. Highly Risky

Its funny thats the address on the deed to my house, my electric bill, gas bill, bank statements Basspro shop catalogs, and I can go on. The funny thing is they all make it to me every month. Not to mention all of the stuff purchased from sellers here and on E-Bay with no issues. I guess I do deserve negative feedback then. LOL

Over 60 purchases on E-Bay (which is minute compared to his number), and never a lost package due to my address. Or lackof communication on the follow up e-mails.
Old 11/29/2006, 06:02 AM
Garbologist

I'll leave this feedback here for now and give the OP a chance to reply to it, but please refrain from anymore comment in that direction.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 11/29/2006, 09:16 PM
Premium Member

Resolution

Estrange has returned my Pay-Pal funds that I had paid to him. He has acknowledged fault (which was not the issue). I just wanted what I had ordered. Anyway, he does seem to be a stand up person that did not have a transaction go well.
While he and I will more than likely not be doing business again, I am sure with his positive feedback record on E-Bay he is an alright person/seller. Good luck to everyone. I just wanted everyone to know he did refund the money.

Thanks to Smiller for allowing this to remain.
Old 11/30/2006, 08:02 AM
RC Mod

Feed back removed from selling thread.
-geo
Old 11/30/2006, 09:22 AM
Premium Member

You guys can now change your feedback to neutral right?