Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2008, 01:49 PM
Premium Member

Fuge question

Hey all, I am building a sump fuge this weekend and have a question.

I originally planned on using a 30" long 29g tank to build my fuge, and had planned on doing skimmer-fuge-return.

My stand is 36" long and If I use that design, I will have nowhere to keep a resevoir for an ato.

If I use a 20 high with the same design would that work.

I am using a tunze 9010 skimmer which only needs about 5x5 footprint. The return will be an ehiem 1260. I should still be able to have a good size fuge with my 3 baffles after skimmer and one after fuge.

The tank is a 70g tech.

What do you think?
Old 01/10/2008, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

anyone?
Old 01/10/2008, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

I keep my bucket for my ato on the side of my tank doesn't look the best but I plan to make a cabinet for it to match the stand and keep the rest of the fish tank equipment in there as well cause I have little room under my stand as well and wanted to get the biggest sump that would fit in there cause I assumed that later down the road I am going to have alot of equipment in there including kalk doser phosban reactor carbon reactor. you probably are like me and thinking I am not going to need that stuff but the more you get into it the more things you stumble upon and want to add for better water quality. This is the main reason that this hobby costs so much LOL. HTH good luck
Old 01/10/2008, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

when I meant for other fish equipment in the cabinet i mean nets scrapers and stuff like that